AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Aw shucks Steph, thank you
9.gif

trishy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/6/2009 5:53:37 AM
Author: loriken214
I''m thinking about having one of my pink asscher stones set into a VC platinum or white gold mounting. My 951 band is SO pretty and I''m wearing it as a RHR. Will post photos as soon as I figure out how to use my new camera...I''m a newbie at digital stuff.

Lori
oh a pink asscher in a VC?!!! i havent seen a VC with anything pink yet... oh my, that would be so beautiful!!! i am making a picture in my head, and i really imagine it would turn out as an absolute favorite of mine
30.gif
pink to go with their platinum or white gold with such intricate, delicate design.

i imagine the pink asscher sitting in between VC flowers. kinda like a mini bouquet and the stone is the ultimate bloom. yummy!!! you cant go wrong no matter what you choose. i cant wait to see that treasure
1.gif

edl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 6:00:02 PM
Author: Love in Bloom

Date: 11/22/2008 1:51:34 PM
Author: edl
A 30-year old L34 wedding band! My FI ordered one in platinum. Yay! VC for me!

Edl, thank you thank you thank you so much for fullfilling my pic request. I prefer the 483 with the double prongs and am totally enamoured by the profile. It's my current fave for sure!

Congrats on picking out your wedding band too, it's very handsome! Are you getting it with an antique finish?
Thanks LIB! Sorry I've been AWOL for so long...between the holidays, two families, planning a wedding, and a crazy work schedule life has been very, very busy. I don't think it gets any better either!

I got my L34 with what Larry calls a jewelers finish. I interpret that to mean standard finish, no antiquing. I like it better that way since I'm sure it'll weather over time.

edl

Shiny_Rock
L43

P1010413a.jpg

edl

Shiny_Rock
L43 again!

P1010442.jpg

edl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/4/2009 5:23:49 AM
Author: trishy
ALRIGHT!!! love in bloom.... you have started this thread, and now??? nobody posts fast enough, there are only 12 pages, AND I WANT MORE!!! PLEASE?!!

pretty please?! more?

cuz now, lets face it...

I AM HOOKED!!! i want a vc.

i live next to san francisco. literally like 20 min away. so i will have to go in to see Larry. make a day of it,

and edl, what kind of stone is in the 483 on the top of page 12??? is that a diamond?or somethin else? the color is like a blue or violet is that the stone or a reflection? its amazing... i love it especially with the platinum... its devine!!!
Hey Trishy,

Well, I live IN San Francisco, and it takes me 15 minutes to get to Larry''s office (I''d probably be faster on a bike then in my car)....so you have no excuses! You should go see Larry, he''s fairly accomodating in person.

And the stone in 483...it''s a good ol CZ. They make them nice, don''t they? I''d guess the CZ is around 0.75ct.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
edl - I LOVE LOVE LOVE that ring!

edl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks motownmama! My FI picked it for me, she''s tops!

I was playing around with the camera again tonight, here''s a few more shots:

IMGP5091s.jpg

edl

Shiny_Rock
Another view of my FI''s rings:

IMGP5078s.jpg

edl

Shiny_Rock
I also had to take a photo of my hand model, she''s so cute
9.gif

P1010652 copy.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your rings are gorgeous, I love VC

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 1:10:51 AM

30.gif
Absolutely beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous rings, edl!!! wow!!!

Mariposa

Shiny_Rock
Here''s an interesting piece I found...

New $2m egg featuring 20 oz of platinum launched 13th January 2009
news room pics/an_american_egg_pt.jpg

A San Francisco-based jeweller has launched a remarkable new design worth $2 million which features nearly 20 oz of platinum, JCKonline reported on Friday (9th January).

Van Craeynest has produced a stunning precious egg, inspired by Faberge and also containing yellow gold, 3,000 diamonds and rubies.

According to Stanislav Kaufman, who crafted the piece entirely by himself, it would have taken Faberge six jewellers and diamond setters in order to come up with a similar result.

He told the news provider: "It''s a totally different design than Faberge. And I did it alone."

Mr Kaufman spent 12 years creating the egg and used the technique of chasing gold and platinum over steel dies in order to shape the metal under considerable pressure.

"I had always dreamed of doing something like a Faberge [egg]," JCKonline quotes him as adding. "I call this The American Egg because it is made in America."

While one buyer registered an interest when the piece was advertised in a local lifestyle magazine, it was soon withdrawn as a result of the deteriorating economy.

Link to picture:
http://www.platinum.matthey.com/media_room/new_2m_egg_featuring_20_oz_of_platinum_launched_18969458.html

Mariposa

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
That is an incredible piece of work. I can see VC being an heir to the Faberge legacy of craftsmanship. I''m reposting the pic for the sake of the curious.

an_american_egg_pt2.jpg

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
This thread is wonderful
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
(Thank you LIB for starting it
2.gif
)

I must say that widget''s star ruby ring and LIB''s ruby ring were my main sources of inspiration for my star ruby engagement ring. I will post some pictures as soon as I receive the finished ring from VC (in a few weeks).

Larry has been a pleasure to work with. My ring is a customized version of style 457 in platinum. The star ruby will be securely set in a full bezel with a halo of pave-set diamonds surrounding it (see attached drawing made by Larry to get a rough idea of it).

75049b5b997d2bbd1236646295.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ruby, the design looks gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
. How long before your beautiful ring is complete?

Please post a lot of pictures.

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
This is the pierced ring I''m referring to... Hopefully, it''ll work this time!

123456VCHalo.jpg

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
Ooops, correction: Larry received the star ruby on 03/02/09, not 03/09!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 1:10:51 AM

OH my!
30.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Rubycharm-that will be lovely!!

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Ruby,
Your ring is to going to be beautiful. Also, I think Larry and his crew are great! I love VC pieces.
30.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
sounds lovely

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Hi fellow VC-lovers...

Once again I will be making the trip to see the wizard in his cave... aka visiting Larry the sweetheart. I finally have a babysitter so I will be able to concentrate this time and (hopefully!) commit to something.

Soooo are there any requests? I''m going tomorrow at 9am Pacific time.

Let me know!

p.s. for those interested I have finally settled on a diamond. Totally happy for the first time. 2.23 ACA F VS2. Very fiery!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 1:14:46 PM
Author: angeline
Hi fellow VC-lovers...

Once again I will be making the trip to see the wizard in his cave... aka visiting Larry the sweetheart. I finally have a babysitter so I will be able to concentrate this time and (hopefully!) commit to something.

Let me know!

p.s. for those interested I have finally settled on a diamond. Totally happy for the first time. 2.23 ACA F VS2. Very fiery!
Please tell Larry hello from me! I can''t wait to see photos from your visit!!!
9.gif

Lori White

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 1:45:33 PM
Author: loriken214

Date: 3/22/2009 1:14:46 PM
Author: angeline
Hi fellow VC-lovers...

Let me know!

Please tell Larry hello from me! I can''t wait to see photos from your visit!!!
9.gif

Lori White
Congratulations on finding your diamond!!!!
36.gif

Lori

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lori! It does feel good to be at peace with the choice of diamond. Now I just have to finally decide on a setting.

I will be sure to say hi!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond sounds perfect this time, so I think it is great that you are now ready to find a permanent home for it!
2.gif

I''d love to see crosses if he has any made up. I adored the last mold you showed me, but I was afraid it was too large. So I really haven''t dealt with that idea since then. But if you have a chance to ask, that would be great! Of course, I''d enjoy seeing pictures of anything there! Good luck!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results