483 in yellow gold...

IMGP4829.jpg

edl

Shiny_Rock
483 side profile, yellow gold...

IMGP4832.jpg

edl

Shiny_Rock
Didn''t catch the style number on this one, but I think it''s a custom earring Larry made for a customer.

IMGP4836.jpg

edl

Shiny_Rock
A 30-year old L34 wedding band! My FI ordered one in platinum. Yay! VC for me!

IMGP4835.jpg

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Beautiful pieces! Thanks for sharing! Gosh, those earrings are gorgeous!

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
OK, the 483 is possibly my new favorite!

Can''t decide between EDL''s gorgeous set and this one... Maybe I have to have two favorites. EDL-- does the 483 come with a matching wedding band?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I ADORE 483
30.gif
...well I really love every single piece of Van Craeynest.

edl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/23/2008 2:16:06 PM
Author: kimikocat

Can''t decide between EDL''s gorgeous set and this one... Maybe I have to have two favorites. EDL-- does the 483 come with a matching wedding band?
Hrmm, that''s a good question! Larry said the 483 and the 484 are basically siblings, so I''m sure there must be a matching 583 as well. I''ll ask next time I''m there.

The 483 is very nice. It doesn''t reflect light everywhere like the 484 (which isn''t a bad thing). I do like the split prong head on the yellow gold one better than the four prong fleur-de-lys head. It seems to flow with the ring better.

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 8:44:42 PM
Author: edl
Date: 11/23/2008 2:16:06 PM

Author: kimikocat

Hrmm, that''s a good question! Larry said the 483 and the 484 are basically siblings, so I''m sure there must be a matching 583 as well. I''ll ask next time I''m there.

The 483 is very nice. It doesn''t reflect light everywhere like the 484 (which isn''t a bad thing). I do like the split prong head on the yellow gold one better than the four prong fleur-de-lys head. It seems to flow with the ring better.

The split prong design is definitely "softer," I think the four prong fleur de lys head, due to the squared corners, looks more aggressive.

I would love to see 483 with its matching band. That would be another stunning wedding set!

I didn''t get a chance to generate a list of styles for you to photograph. Let me know when you''re going again, and if you don''t mind I would like to submit some requests ;-)

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
YAY.....my 951 band is here.....it is SO pretty....can''t wait to show you photos.....need to get my camera!!!!

Lori

lww951.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to seeing the 951 band! Maybe one of these days I''ll complete my own set.
1.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2008 8:10:16 PM
Author: Selkie
Looking forward to seeing the 951 band! Maybe one of these days I''ll complete my own set.
1.gif

I love your ring Selkie-and I love it paired with the antique band! Love to see it with the matching band too!

Oh this thread...
30.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2008 6:40:51 PM
Author: loriken214
YAY.....my 951 band is here.....it is SO pretty....can''t wait to show you photos.....need to get my camera!!!!

Lori
Handshots, handshots! I can''t wait to see!!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 1:51:34 PM

Edl, thank you thank you thank you so much for fullfilling my pic request. I prefer the 483 with the double prongs and am totally enamoured by the profile. It''s my current fave for sure!

Congrats on picking out your wedding band too, it''s very handsome! Are you getting it with an antique finish?

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 6:00:02 PM
Author: Love in Bloom
Date: 11/22/2008 1:51:34 PM

Edl, thank you thank you thank you so much for fullfilling my pic request. I prefer the 483 with the double prongs and am totally enamoured by the profile. It''s my current fave for sure!

Congrats on picking out your wedding band too, it''s very handsome! Are you getting it with an antique finish?

Yes, thanks for posting all of those! I love the 483 as well, but I actually REALLY like the fleur de lis head on it, myself!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 6:04:36 PM
Author: Selkie

Yes, thanks for posting all of those! I love the 483 as well, but I actually REALLY like the fleur de lis head on it, myself!
Hiya Selkie, long time no see!

I think the look of the fishtail prongs on your Jabel Victory would actually suit the 483 quite nicely. That could satisfy my craving for a Jabel solitaire. Oh...to have the best of both worlds!!
30.gif
31.gif
30.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 1:47:32 PM
483 take two..

Oh I love the 483 with the fleur de lis!

Question VC lovers:
Can this be set with a very small stone? How small can one go?

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Pictures of my VC ering-- the folks at the VC workshop did a great job. We love it. The ring is based on the 460 design, but has the fleur-de-lis head instead (more details on the ring here).

Ering1275a.JPG

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Another shot

IMG_1308.JPG

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
And one of the fleur-de-lis head

IMG_1310.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it Anita!!! Your ring is gorgeous!!!

trishy

Shiny_Rock
ALRIGHT!!! love in bloom.... you have started this thread, and now??? nobody posts fast enough, there are only 12 pages, AND I WANT MORE!!! PLEASE?!!

pretty please?! more?

cuz now, lets face it...

I AM HOOKED!!! i want a vc. i want to see more pics of vc''s, i need MORE MORE MORE!! i literally just got my ritani over thanksgiving. how could i be looking at, or be interested in a new setting?

so ok, at the very least, i thought i was off yellow gold for life, that i was striclty a white gold/platinum [silver] type of girl, but there is something about the color of THEIR gold... i dont know, its just yummy!! so yellow and rose gold are peaking my interest, and if that wasnt enough, then gold two toned with platinum, i was NEVER INTERESTED. all of a sudden, BAM! its lookin pretty good too, i also am REALLY LOVIN the colored stones with the yellow gold, the ruby, the tsav... YUM YUM and MORE YUMMY

you made YET another convert to VC LOVE... now as i say this....

i have never seen one of their rings/pieces in person, and i suppose it could change all this... but some how im doubting that, since EVERYONE says they are even MORE GORGEOUS IRL, that pictures dont do justice.
i live next to san francisco. literally like 20 min away. so i will have to go in to see Larry. make a day of it, is it weird, that just once i want to sit and watch them make jewelry all day, i kinda wanna try to do it too. chase or pierce or whatever, i want to try hand carving.... i know, i know, this must sound totally nuts!! it takes 8+ years to apprentice for VC so i bet it is SUPER HARD, and i would get annoyed at what i was doing, after they make it look prob easy.

i just love the fluer de lys head, and the flowers, the shields, the hearts, collumns, and the gold yumminess, oh and the DETAIL!! i gotta say, im a little afraid to go, cuz i may end up opening a new line of credit, or worse yet, if i went there and fell in love with something and had to leave empty handed, WOE IS ME!! FORGET IT!! i will be heartbroken....

so, i''d love to get a stacking ring, AND i''d love to have them make a special ring with a colored gemstone.... for the right hand maybe? i want one of these babies so bad, i just thought for a second, a split second, that maybe i could look for and find something that hubby did [wrong], to have or help him get me one, OR OWE ME SOME KIND OF SOMETHIN pretty.... BUT THE FACT I THOUGHT THAT? even for a second?? IS BAD.. seriously I''m VC DRUNK. i love my hubby. and that would be wrong. i refuse to sell out my hubby for a vc. for shame!!! that i thought that, for shame, BAD TRISHY!!! im kidding, but then really..... im kinda not. i want one. [but i will wait... maybe] lol, half of me wants to be logical, this is just jewelry, the other half of me, is like... MUST HAVE VC

so please, help tide me along, more vc pics, more vc posts, more vc. - love in bloom, selkie, angeline, coatimundi, mariposa, diamondseeker, and all others who enjoy vc...please?
is the picture that different than in person?
what is it like seeing one in person after only seeing online photos?

and edl, what kind of stone is in the 483 on the top of page 12??? is that a diamond?or somethin else? the color is like a blue or violet is that the stone or a reflection? its amazing... i love it especially with the platinum... its devine!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2009 5:23:49 AM
Author: trishy
ALRIGHT!!! love in bloom.... you have started this thread, and now??? nobody posts fast enough, there are only 12 pages, AND I WANT MORE!!! PLEASE?!!

pretty please?! more?

cuz now, lets face it...

I AM HOOKED!!! i want a vc. i want to see more pics of vc''s, i need MORE MORE MORE!! i literally just got my ritani over thanksgiving. how could i be looking at, or be interested in a new setting?

so ok, at the very least, i thought i was off yellow gold for life, that i was striclty a white gold/platinum [silver] type of girl, but there is something about the color of THEIR gold... i dont know, its just yummy!! so yellow and rose gold are peaking my interest, and if that wasnt enough, then gold two toned with platinum, i was NEVER INTERESTED. all of a sudden, BAM! its lookin pretty good too, i also am REALLY LOVIN the colored stones with the yellow gold, the ruby, the tsav... YUM YUM and MORE YUMMY

i have never seen one of their rings/pieces in person, and i suppose it could change all this... but some how im doubting that, since EVERYONE says they are even MORE GORGEOUS IRL, that pictures dont do justice.

i live next to san francisco. literally like 20 min away. so i will have to go in to see Larry. make a day of it, is it weird, that just once i want to sit and watch them make jewelry all day, i kinda wanna try to do it too. chase or pierce or whatever, i want to try hand carving.... i know, i know, this must sound totally nuts!! it takes 8+ years to apprentice for VC so i bet it is SUPER HARD, and i would get annoyed at what i was doing, after they make it look prob easy.

i just love the fluer de lys head, and the flowers, the shields, the hearts, collumns, and the gold yumminess, oh and the DETAIL!! i gotta say, im a little afraid to go, cuz i may end up opening a new line of credit, or worse yet, if i went there and fell in love with something and had to leave empty handed, WOE IS ME!! FORGET IT!! i will be heartbroken....

so, i''d love to get a stacking ring, AND i''d love to have them make a special ring with a colored gemstone.... for the right hand maybe? i want one of these babies so bad, i just thought for a second, a split second, that maybe i could look for and find something that hubby did [wrong], to have or help him get me one, OR OWE ME SOME KIND OF SOMETHIN pretty.... BUT THE FACT I THOUGHT THAT? even for a second?? IS BAD.. seriously I''m VC DRUNK. i love my hubby. and that would be wrong. i refuse to sell out my hubby for a vc. for shame!!! that i thought that, for shame, BAD TRISHY!!! im kidding, but then really..... im kinda not. i want one. [but i will wait... maybe] lol, half of me wants to be logical, this is just jewelry, the other half of me, is like... MUST HAVE VC

so please, help tide me along, more vc pics, more vc posts, more vc. - love in bloom, selkie, angeline, coatimundi, mariposa, diamondseeker, and all others who enjoy vc...please?

and edl, what kind of stone is in the 483 on the top of page 12??? is that a diamond?or somethin else? the color is like a blue or violet is that the stone or a reflection? its amazing... i love it especially with the platinum... its devine!!!

LOL trishy: I agree I Love VC. I love the color of their yellow gold also. I am planning on having two stones of mine, set into one of their settings. I don''t know which one yet.
9.gif

trishy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/4/2009 3:36:06 PM
Author: Linda W

Date: 1/4/2009 5:23:49 AM
Author: trishy

pretty please?! more?

cuz now, lets face it...

LOL trishy: I agree I Love VC. I love the color of their yellow gold also. I am planning on having two stones of mine, set into one of their settings. I don''t know which one yet.
9.gif
what are the two stones? a sparkley white diamond? a or colorful yummy gemstone? girl, i wanna hear about everything!! what are you workin with, or deciding between?
i''d love to hear your thought process throughout your vc adventure. cuz the buildup is just as fun as the end result [the climactic unveiling of the new ring, complete with handshots]. please tell me more, are you doing yellow gold? platinum? DETAILS GIRL!!! dont tease me lol

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking about having one of my pink asscher stones set into a VC platinum or white gold mounting. My 951 band is SO pretty and I''m wearing it as a RHR. Will post photos as soon as I figure out how to use my new camera...I''m a newbie at digital stuff.

Lori

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
trishy I know how you feel! I would give anything for a VC piece! They are just stunning. I love the sheild and bloom one and the bangle one with the columns and flowers. Sigh. Clay Pot just added the column and flower one (yes I stalk that site
41.gif
) and it is my dream ering.

Keep the pics coming, ladies! Gotta feed the addiction!

Antique

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I have been lurking around for a few months amazed at the incredible rings PS''s have.
However I think I will have to confess to now being utterly addicted Van Craeynes'' work. It just takes my breath away. I think my favorite is the 483 (at the moment) but they are all so incredible, I just love the detailing! Ah the flowers...!
So a big thankyou for everyone who posted their VC''s (even though I am a little green with envy)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results