shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me, Mrs-B!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My gorgeous yellow gold drops. These stones were collected over some years, and each one was a birthday or Christmas gift from friends and family.

20181026_161409.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my all time favorite jewelry photos - and this really IS how these pieces look in real life.

My yellow gold diamond studs and pear and halo/s pendant. The BGD .97 center was a gift from DH, the rest I bought with money I saved painstakingly over time.

20181026_161135.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The matching cluster pendant. This pendant is one of those things I'd save in a fire. it's weighty and substantial and I've never seen one exactly like it. It can be dressed up or down. Love it.

20181026_161015.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My gorgeous halo's cushions. These, too, were a Christmas / thank you gift from a friend. I suspected my friend's high school aged son was doing drugs. A lot of drugs. Like - a lot. My friend had no idea but went out on a limb and believed me. Turns out I was right. They were able to pull him back before he was thrown out of school (in his senior year) or developed a criminal record (this was a distinct possibility when it all came out and the proverbial hit the fan.) He went on to achieve sobriety and got into a national top 20 university. I wrote his recommendation. This was 3 years ago, and his parent gave me these diamonds as a thank you for something on which you really can't out a price.

20181026_161225.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More photos after dinner.... :))

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love the pin! What a gorgeous and classy accent!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love:
First up - an overview of all my daily pieces. I wear some combination of these every. single. day. It's the ultimate 'mix and match' jewelry collection, and when I travel, this, plus my 3 stone, is what I take with me.

20181026_091619.jpg

20181026_091637.jpg
Mrs b! What classic beautiful pieces, you have such great taste, I am so enjoying seeing all these pieces…stunning!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love:
Mrs b! What classic beautiful pieces, you have such great taste, I am so enjoying seeing all these pieces…stunning!

Thank you so much, @EllenS1 - it's so nice to see you again. :wavey:

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My gorgeous yellow gold drops. These stones were collected over some years, and each one was a birthday or Christmas gift from friends and family.

20181026_161409.jpg
I hope you don’t mind me taking a picture of these and when I have the money I’m going to take it to my jeweller to make me a pair like this!!!

Last edited:

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My gorgeous halo's cushions. These, too, were a Christmas / thank you gift from a friend. I suspected my friend's high school aged son was doing drugs. A lot of drugs. Like - a lot. My friend had no idea but went out on a limb and believed me. Turns out I was right. They were able to pull him back before he was thrown out of school (in his senior year) or developed a criminal record (this was a distinct possibility when it all came out and the proverbial hit the fan.) He went on to achieve sobriety and got into a national top 20 university. I wrote his recommendation. This was 3 years ago, and his parent gave me these diamonds as a thank you for something on which you really can't out a price.

What a great story which I’m sure make these earrings so ver special..

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next round...and starting with an overview of my diamond rings. They're not all here; my 3 stone is (briefly) with DKJ, my new anni band is coming next week when my 3 stone is returned, and my yellow sapphire with diamond cluster of rounds and marquises won't be ready much before Christmas.

But these are the ones I have:

1) Antique 12 stone platinum ring - 12 x 6pt stones.
2) 3 matching anni bands - each approximately .5 ctw. One is 18kt yellow, one is 18kt rose and one is 18kt white.
The two rings on top of each other at the front are:
3) 1.02 ctw platinum eternity by Leon Mege
4) My heavy platinum 3.2mm band (2.2mm thick) with 2 x 10 pt AVRs (E and D color)
5) Sapphire cluster. 7.1mm Ceylon sapphire (2.05ct) cut by Andrew Gulij of Gemfix in platinum cluster with 8 x .26 ct rb's
6) 5 stone ruby and diamond antique band. Stones were replaced; rubies from Andrew Guli8 and diamonds are .4 ct and .42 ct - J VVS H&A. Setting is 18kt rose from 1810
7) Opal 'Merry' ring. Opal from Black Opals Direct in Australia, set in 18kt yellow gold with .6 ctw ideal cut diamonds, F/G color.
8 ) Sapphire and diamond platinum band - princess cuts - from The Facets Collection. The diamonds are 20 pts each, 2 ctw, E/F color, with 2.8 ctw of sapphires
9) Gorgeous delicate 5 stone in rose gold. Bought from @stonewell, I have no stats on this ring, but am assuming the stones are OEC cuts. LOVE this ring and wear it with my plain yellow gold wedder.
10) 2.03 ctw asschers from The Facets Collection, set in platinum bezel by DKJ
11) My platinum 7 stone 2.15 ctw E VS diamond ring by DKJ

20181026_162150.jpg

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My antique diamond 5 stone, bought from @stonewell. Stonewell - I've really been enjoying this ring - it's adorable! My yellow gold anni, which is one of three, my opal and diamond ring (a gift from my husband), and my antique diamond and ruby 5 stone.

20181026_162536.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heavy platinum band with AVRs with my Leon Mege 1.02 ctw eternity in platinum - a gift from my DH, along with my tiny BGD studs, for my 25th wedding anniversary. Look at the weight of the plain band - wowza!

20181026_162205.jpg

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My antique diamond 5 stone, bought from @stonewell. Stonewell - I've really been enjoying this ring - it's adorable! My yellow gold anni, which is one of three, my opal and diamond ring (a gift from my husband), and my antique diamond and ruby 5 stone.

20181026_162536.jpg

Awww... there she is! :kiss2: I’m so happy to hear this ring has brought you such enjoyment. It is a beautiful, delicate piece that deserves to be worn and loved.

Gah, your collection is nothing short of stunning... it’s what mine aspires to be when it grows up. :P2 I must also say, I absolutely love your photography too! They’re gorgeous and would make an amazing photo book!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one. Four diamond bands - 4.8 ctw sapphire and diamond platinum band, .72 ctw antique platinum band, 1.02 ctw Leon Mege platinum eternity, and 2.03 ctw asscher, also in platinum.

20181026_162441.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T - I hope you've enjoyed this stroll through parts of my jewelry box! :wavey:

Last edited:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

20181026_161225.jpg

I was caught up in the excitement of viewing your photos and just now read the story behind this piece. What a gift you gave that young man in voicing your concerns!

Your lucisous halo cushions are ones I’ve saved for future inspiration - if I had to pick one, most favorite Mrs-B project, this is it. =)2

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not only is your collection a work of art, but the thing that I most love is how much meaning and thought went into each piece. I love how you have presents from DH and friends that you designed pieces around. All this makes each item so much more meaningfully, not only to you, but to us while hearing about them.

torontocatlady

Shiny_Rock
What a great collection and a treat for us to see. Thank you for sharing!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T - I hope you've enjoyed this stroll through parts of my jewelry box! :wavey:

I have just read this over breakfast (usually the only 15 minutes I get to myself each day!) and my toast went cold hanging out of my mouth, slack jawed & unchewed for a few minutes :lol-2:

There are pieces of jewellery I see on PS that take my breath away, but as an entire collection, this is it for me. It is AMAZING :love: Thank you SO much for indulging us & taking the time to do this. I know many people on here will enjoy this thread. Big hugs to you!

Right, i’m off to find me some of these friends who may bestow diamonds on me for Christmas instead of bath sets...............

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have just read this over breakfast (usually the only 15 minutes I get to myself each day!) and my toast went cold hanging out of my mouth, slack jawed & unchewed for a few minutes :lol-2:

There are pieces of jewellery I see on PS that take my breath away, but as an entire collection, this is it for me. It is AMAZING :love: Thank you SO much for indulging us & taking the time to do this. I know many people on here will enjoy this thread. Big hugs to you!

Right, i’m off to find me some of these friends who may bestow diamonds on me for Christmas instead of bath sets...............

This *really* cracked me up!

And - you're very welcome. :) If you like, I'll add my other pieces in a few weeks when I have everything back from DKJ; it's odd to see a collection of mine without seeing my best ring in it! And when the halo is reset, I'd like to add that as well, along with the new anni band and my new Holly ring. And the yellow sapphire, too, when that comes, I suppose.

Thank you for your kind comments. I've always said that people often take photos to commemorate events, and I do too, to an extent. But every piece of my jewelry is a physical reminder of a time in my life, and I love them dearly for what they represent, not what they are.

(....but I don't exactly hate what they are, either!)

:mrgreen:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b This is your thread & I thoroughly expect to see every single new piece added over time as & when it arrives. I think collections such as yours can inspire many people, not only perhaps for one particular item they are sourcing, but also for the craftsmanship & quality that your pieces scream. Your honking diamonds definitely need adding, as do the journeys you have been on with each piece such as your halo ring & tweaks you’ve had made, because dreaming of a piece & then receiving it & it not being what you thought it would be, is a lesson others can learn from.

Sometimes we want something but when we get it, it just looks plain wrong on us. A friend of mine had a very lovely .60 Asscher cut engagement ring for many years, her dream stone with amazing specs, which didn’t look very nice on her big hand. It looked squat. When I got my pear & she popped it on the knuckle of her finger, it transformed the look of her hand despite it not being very big. She then saved really hard for a few years & traded it in for a lower spec 1.5ct elongated pear, sacrificing colour & clarity for a better size in relation to her finger & now her hand looks great! Often, it’s the journey that matters.

For me, building up my RH Anniversary stack (which so far consists of my lonely but very tactile, buttery & lovely 1.75mm 18ct Lucida wedding band) is my ongoing project, but I shall be taking inspiration from the mix of metals & diamond cuts in your beautiful bands. Rose gold & platinum next. Yes M’am!! Thank you!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b This is your thread & I thoroughly expect to see every single new piece added over time as & when it arrives. I think collections such as yours can inspire many people, not only perhaps for one particular item they are sourcing, but also for the craftsmanship & quality that your pieces scream. Your honking diamonds definitely need adding, as do the journeys you have been on with each piece such as your halo ring & tweaks you’ve had made, because dreaming of a piece & then receiving it & it not being what you thought it would be, is a lesson others can learn from.

Sometimes we want something but when we get it, it just looks plain wrong on us. A friend of mine had a very lovely .60 Asscher cut engagement ring for many years, her dream stone with amazing specs, which didn’t look very nice on her big hand. It looked squat. When I got my pear & she popped it on the knuckle of her finger, it transformed the look of her hand despite it not being very big. She then saved really hard for a few years & traded it in for a lower spec 1.5ct elongated pear, sacrificing colour & clarity for a better size in relation to her finger & now her hand looks great! Often, it’s the journey that matters.

For me, building up my RH Anniversary stack (which so far consists of my lonely but very tactile, buttery & lovely 1.75mm 18ct Lucida wedding band) is my ongoing project, but I shall be taking inspiration from the mix of metals & diamond cuts in your beautiful bands. Rose gold & platinum next. Yes M’am!! Thank you!!

@Alex T! You have a yellow gold Lucida?? They are NOT common - at all! Does it have a thread? i'd love to see it!

And I'll take you up on that offer of adding my other pieces here. Because we're not done yet.... :bigsmile:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T! You have a yellow gold Lucida?? They are NOT common - at all! Does it have a thread? i'd love to see it!

And I'll take you up on that offer of adding my other pieces here. Because we're not done yet.... :bigsmile:

Fabulous news! And I do have an 18ct Lucida, yes! Are they rare?? No bling diamonds though, it’s literally a plain band. I wanted to start a little RH anniversary stack & I have always loved rich yellow gold on my skin, so went with this skinny band for my 10th anniversary last year. It’s really rather boring! I have a thread on it under my posts - i’m not sure how to link it as I don’t do technology :lol-2:

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
What a scrumptious beautiful feast of class and quality! I’m lounging in bed reading this thread and day dreaming of weighty wedding bands and asscher eternities! Your sapphire, platinum cluster set, diamond drop earrings... impossible to pick a favorite. They are all absolutely lovey. :love: Thank you for taking the time to chronicle these pieces and their stories. The meaning behind each piece is without a doubt the most precious thing about them.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A classy and timeless collection appropriate for all occasions. It truly does reflect your style and personality.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results