shape
carat
color
clarity

Should you put your address on your resume?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1354510354|3321079 said:
Since email and cell phone usage (as far as texting/calling) are the main means of communications these days, I can understand why putting your physical address on a resume might seem outdated...

I think I would include mine if I were sending my resume to numerous companies for jobs I was applying to out of state. If I were applying to jobs in state, I might drop the physical address and just include email address and phone number. Just using logic here, this is by no means professional advice.

Dee, I'm going to be in SLC the third week of January, 2013. I'd love to see you again if you're available...SLC is "kinda" close to KC! You have my email address. ;))

Monnie - so sorry, I didn't see your message last night before I went to bed. Yes, I'll send you and email when I get home -- would LOVE to see you!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought of you Dee when I was applying for jobs the other day. I was applying for a government job and a few at a hospital and they required an e-mail address and linked hotmail for those who do not have one to create one. Guess in some fields "hotmail" is still appropriate. ;))

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find the "no cover letter" advice to be kind of strange, actually. I'm a hiring manager but we don't use recruiters - when I post a position all of the applications come straight to me... maybe that's the difference? I do think it's fair to say that a cover letter can easily do more harm than good, but a well-written cover letter can also tip the scales towards getting called in for an interview. Well-written, to me, means that it succinctly summarizes skills, attributes, or experience that would fit the needs of the position, and doesn't try to over-sell the applicant. Personally I think a cover letter is essential in some cases - if you're new to the job market, for example, and your resume does not "speak for itself;" or if you're trying to shift or change careers, and the links between positions you've held and the opening might not be obvious.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results