shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I set her or pass?

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
99FFEE2C-2676-4A29-BE1E-4E8469F0BDB5.jpeg E10C3CFA-4BE9-489C-A3F9-48F75E175494.jpeg 6A40A146-F844-4E3A-BA7B-ACFDFC4FDFC1.jpeg D0C349E2-B9DB-4C6A-996B-21DC4612844B.jpeg 81629EC9-6714-49D3-B0FB-F90798CF865F.jpeg E9758B0A-3A81-4E98-89DD-3714A9018046.jpeg FE87CD14-92B7-4679-AD5B-4DEF49BE23B6.jpeg I was really excited about this piece but now I’m unsure. Q/R transitional cut. I’m loving the warmth with the rubies but does she class with the shoulders?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see the color difference between the center stone and the shoulders. I think it might be one of those things where once you see it, you can't stop seeing it. Could you have the setting made with warmer melee?

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I can see the color difference between the center stone and the shoulders. I think it might be one of those things where once you see it, you can't stop seeing it. Could you have the setting made with warmer melee?

I’m loving the contrast with the white gold bit I think the shoulders are clashing. Unfortunately they can’t customize this particular setting. I’m debating if I should embrace the contrast or send it back.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m loving the contrast with the white gold bit I think the shoulders are clashing. Unfortunately they can’t customize this particular setting. I’m debating if I should embrace the contrast or send it back.

The difference isn't as obvious to me when I'm looking directly at it, but from the side it's obvious. If it were me, I'd pass. I'm surprised they can't customize the setting!

bespokecarmel

Shiny_Rock
I think if you question it now, you will probably always question it. Why not place your stone in an inexpensive setting for now while you look for THE setting?
Love the color of the stone, btw...

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I think if you question it now, you will probably always question it. Why not place your stone in an inexpensive setting for now while you look for THE setting?
Love the color of the stone, btw...
Thank you. Yep I have decided to pass. It’s just not right

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
@Mjay Sorry this didn’t work out for your diamond! Did you like the setting otherwise? The color of the rubies, etc? I’ve been eyeing this setting for a while and thought I wanted the emerald version, but the ruby really appeals to me lately! It looks lovely in your photos.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
@Mjay Sorry this didn’t work out for your diamond! Did you like the setting otherwise? The color of the rubies, etc? I’ve been eyeing this setting for a while and thought I wanted the emerald version, but the ruby really appeals to me lately! It looks lovely in your photos.

I actually had a cooler color diamond set in it because I couldn’t stop thinking about it! I love it! It’s amazing for the price. Two things to note though is that they are natural rubies so I do notice a few inclusions at certain angles. One in particular is pretty noticeable to me but it adds to the charm. Also the rubies are calibre cut but not French cut like a true antique piece. The quality is great though and you can’t beat the price. I had them set my stone to and they were great. I’m absolutely in love with it and wear it all the time. The emerald is gorgeous to though

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, that’s great to hear! I’m almost thinking of ordering both to see them in person and then returning the one I prefer less. Although that seems kind dangerous considering I’ll probably love them both, lol. I am concerned with the softness of emeralds, so that sways me a bit towards the ruby. Thanks for the info!
I actually had a cooler color diamond set in it because I couldn’t stop thinking about it! I love it! It’s amazing for the price. Two things to note though is that they are natural rubies so I do notice a few inclusions at certain angles. One in particular is pretty noticeable to me but it adds to the charm. Also the rubies are calibre cut but not French cut like a true antique piece. The quality is great though and you can’t beat the price. I had them set my stone to and they were great. I’m absolutely in love with it and wear it all the time. The emerald is gorgeous to though

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results