shape
carat
color
clarity

should I reset my 4cts into halo? advice please.

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
I just want to say that the color of your stone is absolutely magnificent. I find with faintly tinted stones that it makes the pastel dispersion and reflections deeper and more colorful, and that's what I see in your spectacular diamond! I have a large stone in a halo and I think they can be very beautiful, particularly with visual separation and distinction between the diamond and the halo'ed stones. In my case it's with a bezel and an emerald target but there are many ways to do it, with a bezel, with an air gap, with angled stones, etc.

I was just thinking about halos on big stones, how about something like what @Scandinavian did with her huuuuge 5ct round? She set it in a small light pink halo and it is absolutely stunning beyond measure! And you mentioned your ring is a faint/light brown undertone so I think a fancy pink halo would suit it beautifully!

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the knife edge digging into your finger. I too have chubby size US7 fingers and not a lot of real estate to work with. Maybe you can go try some halo rings to see if you like the style first? I went from a solitaire in a pave band to a halo and then to my current antique moval. I just felt like the MRB with a halo didn’t do it for me. I needed something different.

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
Have you decided what you want to do?

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
I'm gonna have to say that I understand how you feel. I've realized that I'm addicted to finger coverage and there's just no beating a halo setting when it comes to that!

I will say - your stone is so gorgeous, I would try to go with a very well-crafted setting that still honors the stone and lets it shine. Either Victor Canera for a modern setting, or my fave CVB Inspired Designs. They create true works of art and your diamond would look huge and amazing in one of their pieces!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this is what addiction looks like. 4-ct RBC for everyday wear -- and it's maybe not enough? I would bet that most billionaires /spouses of billionaires have smaller stones. Maybe not for the gala but for "everyday carry."

I say halt the arms race and enjoy! Or maybe start on colored stones where size isn't the number one thing.

Your ring is beautiful and it looks lovely on your hand!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want a delicate halo around your stone, no rule against it. These ladies rock it (no pun intended). Do your thing.

Here is a 4 carat CER in an VC Emilya halo.

4.7 MRB in a VC Emilya halo.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too agree about the knife edge solitaire. Looks too thin and too tight. I think a rounder and slightly wider shank solitaire will make the entire ring look much more substantial. I would not do a halo. Good luck!

LIGemzGal

Shiny_Rock
The size of the diamond is very impressive. I wouldn't halo but that's just me. Not a fan of halo's. But honestly, the stone is quite impressive on it's own merits. The Victor Canera Emilya is very pretty though. So just might be what you're looking for.

Himalayas

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for your time, considerations and kind words.
@Nymf the stones in my wedding ring are 13pointers.
@LilAlex yeah, I am thinking to halo it and wear it only on occasions. I would wear just my wedding ring for everyday.
@Halogirl1130 I think I will do it. But I am having it done with my trusted jeweler oversea when air travel is good. So, I have time to make up my mind :)
For everyone who suggests Emilya, that's definitely what I will do, with the petal profile, if I go with the halo. I attached the picture of the design I am thinking of, with very subtle cathedral. petal profile.jpg
Thanks a lot for all the pictures and links. It's very helpful for me!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous center stone! I opt for no halo but that’s just me.
Gah! I love your stone. It’s huge and perfect. lol

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
@LilAlex yeah, I am thinking to halo it and wear it only on occasions. I would wear just my wedding ring for everyday.
@Halogirl1130 I think I will do it. But I am having it done with my trusted jeweler oversea when air travel is good. So, I have time to make up my mind :)
For everyone who suggests Emilya, that's definitely what I will do, with the petal profile, if I go with the halo. I attached the picture of the design I am thinking of, with very subtle cathedral. petal profile.jpg

That is beautiful!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very nice!

kris01vb

Shiny_Rock
I like the idea of ring guards for a dress-up/dress-down option. I wonder if it would be possible to have ring guards custom made where the diamonds extend enough to meet on the sides, so they'd form a full halo when worn.

Also, to me anyway, my diamond solitaires ARE small compared to any other stone I'd probably want to wear alone, because of what I can reasonably afford.

Even a four carat solitaire, while huge for a diamond, I would consider too small to have much presence on my hand, in any other type of stone. Eight carats would be more like it. :)

Just came across this and I’m having a solitaire head changed out to 6 prong and then a custom band with a halo that the diamond goes up into. Here are the pics and the inspiration band I found. It’s perfect if you want the solitaire and the halo when you want extra bling. Mine is 2.5 ct and the halo will be 15mm. 5F1058FB-D39F-4626-B81E-051B16D9F3AC.png 63CBFDA6-BDB1-4BA3-85E8-439939A68E53.jpeg DEA66BA2-235E-4FAA-9EC1-53FB4D168BC0.jpeg BD918138-314C-464B-AD3F-4E12D8FD5F42.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kris01vb You should start your own thread when the ring is completed (post before and after photos). We don't see many of these
Jacket halos (for lack of a better term) on erings. I for one would be interested in seeing the completion and its kind of buried being
tacked on to the bottom of this older thread.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never mind @kris01vb ...I see that you did post a thread (great). No need to pull up old threads and tack it on when you have
a stand-alone thread!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results