shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I recut my 2.64 H/SI1 RBC e-ring?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@SapphireBomb I think this video will give you a very clear picture of the difference between a super ideal and a GIA triple excellent. Hope it gives you some clarity!

Do you just want to upgrade for size? Here’s a side by side of your current stone vs. the one you are considering…
C98983B8-8D7C-451F-B1BE-CB65A57C28C2.png

Last edited:

SapphireBomb

Shiny_Rock
Trade
@SapphireBomb I think this video will give you a very clear picture of the difference between a super ideal and a GIA triple excellent. Hope it gives you some clarity!

Do you just want to upgrade for size? Here’s a side by side of your current stone vs. the one you are considering…
C98983B8-8D7C-451F-B1BE-CB65A57C28C2.png

That video is SUPER helpful to me thank you so much @lulu_ma
And I am “upgrading” for CUT only…I am absolutely open to a SMALLER diamond if it has that edge-to-edge brightness that is discussed in that video!!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
That video is SUPER helpful to me thank you so much @lulu_ma
And I am “upgrading” for CUT only…I am absolutely open to a SMALLER diamond if it has that edge-to-edge brightness that is discussed in that video!!!

So glad the video helped! Based on your comments, I hope you investigate the recut. Please keep us posted:)

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s another thread with good reading
That hopefully will help you choose what you wish to see in your upgrade

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
If you want to stick with your current jeweler, can you ask him to bring in multiple diamonds to compare? If you have a budget/size in mind, you can ask him to bring in 3-4 diamonds that meet your criteria and compare them against each other. That may help you see the brilliance of one diamond over another. I personally find looking at a single diamond hard to determine if it’s a top performer. I also recommend taking the diamonds over to the window for natural light.

TXwidow

Shiny_Rock
as Karl stated, the proposed stone isn't going to be much different in 'sparkle' than your current stone because it doesn't have the best proportions to get that scintillation. More white, fewer colors. That is because of the proportions.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results