shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I buy ACA studs?

BFftw

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for your input! I like warmer diamonds or I am color insensitive, hard to tell! Lol!

My .33ct each ACA are J/VS2. They're on my ears, so others see them more than I do, lol. But, the YG really works well with a J ears3.jpg

ears2.jpg
ears1.jpg
Man that's beautiful! I really do love that 8-prong and how it perfectly matches your ER

No love for CBIs for studs?
Can't quite figure out how to find them...

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for your input! I like warmer diamonds or I am color insensitive, hard to tell! Lol!

Then I think it’s a no-brainer - you’ll have a gorgeous pair of ACAs *and* within your budget. Yay! :appl:

As an aside, CBIs are available through HPDiamonds: https://www.hpdiamonds.com/

They’re absolutely gorgeous stones, however, I’m not finding any matched pairs atm that will meet the same size/budget range that the ACA pair satisfies.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have ACA studs. one is a J, one is a K. I struggle to see the difference. Here is a pic of an GIA I , J and K studs and wf band (G - I think). I would definitely go for larger in a J but I am not color sensitive. Good luck!

downloadfile-2.jpeg

BFftw

Rough_Rock
Premium
Ugh I am so sorry but I know everyone said to go bigger, but I actually went to the mall to try on 0.65 and 0.81cttw AND I FOR THE LIFE CAN'T TELL WHICH ONE IS BIGGER. I know when I had them in my hand side by side it was obvious 0.81 was bigger but when they got on my ear, I totally blanked out which one I had in what ear. I quickly took a picture and thanked them. (Side Note: MAN THESE <1CTW EARRINGS GIA Certs were 3K, and it was a VG cut, and SI2-- what the heck:eek2:, so maybe WF not as crazy as I thought. :mrgreen2:)

OK but really, I am torn, I can hardly tell the size difference and it's a ~15% difference in face-up size and a 25% difference in price. I am torn. If the internet can figure out which ear has the bigger one, cause for some reason I can't, then I'll know I'm paying for something real. Thanks for your 2c!

IMG_1.jpeg

Edit2.jpg

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FE7C0C8F-92E1-4AD9-899F-B2CDA40830EC.jpeg

Did you measure the stones? I guess with VG cut they may face up different sizes than you’d expect having looked at ideal cuts?? They certainly look very similar on your ear. Here’s a comparison pic of a 0.3 and 0.4 ct, face up difference should be 21%.

BFftw

Rough_Rock
Premium
FE7C0C8F-92E1-4AD9-899F-B2CDA40830EC.jpeg

Did you measure the stones? I guess with VG cut they may face up different sizes than you’d expect having looked at ideal cuts?? They certainly look very similar on your ear. Here’s a comparison pic of a 0.3 and 0.4 ct, face up difference should be 21%.
This is true, I didn't really get to ask for measurements. I think I'll go try to find some more diamonds from another store that has more selection and figure out if I can see it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have both PC and RB ACA studs and I love them. I would try to find some studs to try on that are the same mm size as the different ones you are looking at from WF. Side by side you'll notice a difference but I agree on your ear it won't be nearly as noticeable.

BFftw

Rough_Rock
Premium
I eventually found my way to T&Co, and tried on a ~0.8ctw and ~0.7ctw and still couldn't see the difference, so I pulled the trigger on a 0.66ctw pair since I quite liked the look on my ear of the 0.7. I figure DSS would set in equally at this size, so for my current value parameters, this makes the most sense to me. Short term wins! Can't wait to get them. Thank you all for your patience and feedback!

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I eventually found my way to T&Co, and tried on a ~0.8ctw and ~0.7ctw and still couldn't see the difference, so I pulled the trigger on a 0.66ctw pair since I quite liked the look on my ear of the 0.7. I figure DSS would set in equally at this size, so for my current value parameters, this makes the most sense to me. Short term wins! Can't wait to get them. Thank you all for your patience and feedback!
Congrats! Make sure to come back with lots of photos!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was so confused and thought you went with the T & Co pair! Then I saw the glamour shots. :lol: How exciting!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats @BFftw! That was a quick turnaround from WF! Hope you will post lots of pics and ear shots when they arrive :appl:

Tanalasta_01

Rough_Rock
Premium
Congrats! We have a pair of ACA studs and every pair I see here are gorgeous!

Not to mention the aftercare is amazing.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a pair of ACAs from WF, one is an I and one is a J. All I saw on my ears was white! Super gorgeous stones.

BFftw

Rough_Rock
Premium
You guys weren't lying! It's so sparkly it's crazy. I think this is the perfect size! Thanks everyone for the input that led me to these gorgeous studs!
17E4245E-3388-45C7-9D2D-B0BA022AA9E2.jpeg
8F3C704F-A3C9-4360-9992-A496C8C204ED.jpeg 3032DB23-8E27-47F2-A63E-4AF514EAB8D6.jpeg

Attachments

• 2AC1683B-2BB7-4C32-9AF7-9CAA1EA7C4CC.jpeg
    2AC1683B-2BB7-4C32-9AF7-9CAA1EA7C4CC.jpeg
    226.3 KB · Views: 9

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh those are a picture, so beautiful on you, many congratulations!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous and look perfect on you. :wavey:

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congrats! They are so lovely! Woo-hoo new sparklies!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They look fantastic on you! ACAs certainly sparkle like the dickens, don’t they? :love::love::love::sun:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look so sparkly, love them!

BFftw

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thanks, everyone! And yes @stonewell SUPER SPARKLY. i loupe them constantly when not in ears :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results