shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I be able to see an inclusion on vs2 diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/29/2007 12:28:50 PM
Author: galleygal
Thanks for the comments. It is through the jeweler. The jeweler is a member of AGS. The jeweler is very reputable around this area and up until recently, had a money back for the lifetime of the diamond. Now, they give a credit. This type of guarantee caused a LOT of very fine jewelers in Japan to go bankrupt when their economy went South some years ago. I think it is wise to limit to a store credit, the retail client is still given a very favorable trade in value on their jewelry, and the store is protected from the ramifications of a hard economic time resulting in too many people wanting their money back all at once and putting the very existance of the store at risk. I think that is fine with me b/c one day I will want a bigger stone and we will just have to pay the difference. I was worried about the diamond not being certified, but after talking to other people. I don't feel it is necessary. I even went to another jeweler who is also a member of AGS and once she heard where my FF bought my ring, she assured me that, that business is really reputable and I should not worry.
That last sentence is music to my eyes. I am sick to death of competitors who would look at the crown jewels and tell you that there is this problem and that problem and that the stones will explode if you don't do this or that. I have a couple of those (expletives deleted) in my town. On one incredible ring they commented that the stones would chip or explode because the stones in the channel were touching. On the the next ring that they saw they commented on the poor workmanship because there was a small gap between each stone in the channel. (At the client's request.)

Fortunately I have more competitors of the kind you visited, where each of us knows and respects the other and is comfortable that our clients get fair value, regardless of where the jewelry was purchased.

While I would worry about you purchasing an uncertified stone from an on line vendor without verification, I am comfortable with you doing so from a reputable local jeweler, especially one with a good enough reputation that even other jewelers are happy to tell you not to worry. I am also happy for both jewelers to be working in an area with that kind of fair competiton, rather than the critisize to kill the sale type so often seen.

Wink

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I have an emerald cut RHR and its a VS2 and I regret not going higher in clarity. I can see the inclusion in the VS2 and it drives me nuts. It was purchased pre-pricescope. The inclusion is under the table, its a cloud of pinpoint type clusters. I use to think it was dirt until I took the ring to be sized and the jeweler showed it to me under the microscope upon intake so they could map the inclusions for when I picked the ring back up. I was really suprised to see that what I though was dirt and was seeing with my naked eye was actually several clouds of pin point type inclusions just under the table. I went back and looked at the GIA cert and it shows very little and says clouds not marked or something to that effect.

galleygal

Shiny_Rock
The inclusion I see on mine is very little, I can barely see it. I can only see it from the side and I have to really stare at it. I''ve come to love my diamond; I know that no one else has that very same one. I know other people will have the same setting, but the diamond. Thanks for all the input. I just wanted to know if others had VS2 that had inclusions visable to the eye. If you look up VS2 online it says that inclusions are hard to find under 10x. I can only see mine from the side which, when comes to grading is viewed from the top (something I learned from this forum.)
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results