shape
carat
color
clarity

Should DK add engraving - quick poll

Should I have DK add engraving to sides?

• Yes, it’s woulda look more finished

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • No, it’s fine

Votes: 36 61.0%

• Total voters

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! My AVR is set and I’m wondering if I should have DK add engravings to the profile/sides of the platinum ring. I do wear bands so I probably won’t see it but... 02889ACC-8CB0-434A-A09E-4DAFA1332D4E.jpeg 7AA26525-F6C6-4A2B-9BBD-D34B580D4CBE.jpeg E717FE38-4D20-46FC-AD7A-4FEF0E6A3587.jpeg

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like it as is,yours is architectural with angles and lines, so doesn't need the wheat sheaf pattern on the sides. I also think because it has a solid cathedral, that Expanse of metal may be hard to fill in. @CHRISTY-DANIELLE has a more swoopy curly ring with open work that lends itself well to engraving on all sides. Maybe wear it for a month and see if you feel it's missing something? Either way, what a beautiful facet pattern on that AVR! It could be set in tinfoil and still be amazing!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for weighing in @CHRISTY-DANIELLE and @737lizakg, I am so tempted to add it, but like @737lizakg so kindly pointed out it may be hard to fill the area. Also my DD is team no, she thinks it may be too much, and DH says I won’t even see it! Haha :wall:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I think I would like it either way! They'd both be beautiful, it just comes down to what you prefer. Sorry for not being more definitive, I just think you;ll go wrong either way. :love:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I would like it either way! They'd both be beautiful, it just comes down to what you prefer. Sorry for not being more definitive, I just think you;ll go wrong either way. :love:

We are thinking alike, Sandy, as well as sharing a name! I just emailed DK to let him know that I’m 50/50 on it and if it’s difficult like @737lizakg said, then to skip it. So excited!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d personally pass on it if wearing bands on each side. They’d probably rub and wear down the engraving faster, I’d think.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d personally pass on it if wearing bands on each side. They’d probably rub and wear down the engraving faster, I’d think.

Yes, another thought I had...thank you @the_mother_thing for your thoughts...

PS I have been following your threads (don’t know much about Asschers though) and your new stone is gorgeous! :love:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, another thought I had...thank you @the_mother_thing for your thoughts...

PS I have been following your threads (don’t know much about Asschers though) and your new stone is gorgeous! :love:

Thank you! It’s been a journey, for sure.

I can’t tell from the picture you posted, but is there milgrain on the edges of the shank (along the what engraving)? It’s a beautiful ring & diamond. :love:

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d say no for all the reason mentioned. I’m more of a “less is more” type. Beautiful ring!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Diamond*Dana so much for commenting. I appreciate your help and compliment! :)

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Normally I would say add it!! But looking at your ring - I love it btw! - I think I like it better without. There is already engraving and the plain sides allow it to stand out and be enjoyed. If you put it on the sides too, it might be so much that you don't focus on any of it and actually end up sort of missing the effect.

Whatever you decide, please post tons of pics! :D

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Normally I would say add it!! But looking at your ring - I love it btw! - I think I like it better without. There is already engraving and the plain sides allow it to stand out and be enjoyed. If you put it on the sides too, it might be so much that you don't focus on any of it and actually end up sort of missing the effect.

Whatever you decide, please post tons of pics! :D

Omygoodness, thank you so much for your compliment. I love it too. You make a very good point about it being toooo much and possibly distracting.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The triangular surfaces of metal connecting the band to the undercarriage of the bezel invite decoration...

Let me remind here that pave is in fact a cousin of engraving - and two work together ,)

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I'm with @AV_ on that one! Milgrain there would tie it all together, to me. But, you can always live with it as is awhile and send it back if you decide you want engraving.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous! I would personally leave it as is: the contrast is so beautiful now

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I like it as is too. I think I would stick with that.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AV_ Thank you for that idea. I hadn’t thought of that. Hmmm...

@Acinom and @elizat thank you so much! I think like @CHRISTY-DANIELLE said, it can always be added. I think he is leaving it as it for now.

I so appreciate all of the suggestions and help! PS rocks! :kiss2:

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!:kiss2: I love it as is! Agree with those who said get it and wear it and then see what you think. I think it looks perfect. So excited for you...what a beautiful ring. Stunning masterpiece.:kiss2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!:kiss2: I love it as is! Agree with those who said get it and wear it and then see what you think. I think it looks perfect. So excited for you...what a beautiful ring. Stunning masterpiece.:kiss2:

:dance: Many warm thanks Missy. I think he did a beautiful job on it and I cannot wait to get it. I told DK to leave it as is for now. :angel:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it as is! It looks clean and simple with enough engraving for interest. The focus is the stone!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I am engraving freak so I say yes lol. But it's also pretty as it is! Do what you think is best!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for weighing in @ceg You’re right about the focus being the stone! But, I can totally see @MeowMeow point about covering it in engraving. It’s really a little thing...but like the other thread says, “You know you’re a PSer when you agonize over the smallest details.” :roll2:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the contrast of the smooth sides vs the engraved parts. Doesn't look overcharged and adds definition. But I'm biased because I had DK do it like that on my ring

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the contrast of the smooth sides vs the engraved parts. Doesn't look overcharged and adds definition. But I'm biased because I had DK do it like that on my ring

Oh, thank you! That’s good to know that you have it like that too. I have always had him do the sides but I think this will be great too!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good choice Sandeek. You can always add it later, but a lot more trouble to take it off later!
LOVE your ring!!!!!!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good choice Sandeek. You can always add it later, but a lot more trouble to take it off later!
LOVE your ring!!!!!!!

Thank you thank you Jimmianne! :kiss2:
I’m pretty thrilled with it! :P2

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
We are thinking alike, Sandy, as well as sharing a name! I just emailed DK to let him know that I’m 50/50 on it and if it’s difficult like @737lizakg said, then to skip it. So excited!
@Sandeek I'm so glad you understood the gist of my gibberish!! :confused2: I was running out the door and typed too fast....I meant I don't think you'd go wrong either way.

I actually like the thought of living with it as is, and then adding it later if you feel you'd like a change, like a mini upgrade. That's a great idea.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek I'm so glad you understood the gist of my gibberish!! :confused2: I was running out the door and typed too fast....I meant I don't think you'd go wrong either way.

I actually like the thought of living with it as is, and then adding it later if you feel you'd like a change, like a mini upgrade. That's a great idea.

Ohmygoodness I love your idea of giving it a mini upgrade when I need a change and a spa treatment for it. What a fabulous idea, thank you again! =)2

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Ohmygoodness I love your idea of giving it a mini upgrade when I need a change and a spa treatment for it. What a fabulous idea, thank you again! =)2

Thank you, but it wasn't my idea, it was @Jimmianne that came up with it, I just seconded the brilliant concept. :P2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results