shape
carat
color
clarity

Shopping Time - Help Me Pick One...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really helps to see the strands on their own that way the colors/shadows aren''t playing off of each other. You really couldn''t go wrong with anyone of them! I can''t wait to see lots of pics!!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Dia,

You made a great selection, I would have never thought of it, but Jeremy was right. These shapes and colors will compliment and accent your collection. Next time I am going to ask Jeremy to hand pick for me.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

DD do you wear your pearls layered as in your avatar? I just LOVE that look--gosh those pearls and a white blouse....YUM!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sharon,
I haven't actually worn all my necklaces together like in my avatar other than in that pic....I didn't want DH to know how many strands I actually owned...but I will when I start working after Chinese New Year...

Yes, it will look great with a crisp white shirt!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Elana (Japster on TPF) has some pics of celebrity pearl sightings in her blog. November 18, 2009's blog has Lucy Liu wearing triple strands of dark Tahitian pearls. DiaDiva, when I saw that photo, I immediately thought of your avatar.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I found another picture http://www.splendicity.com/celeblook/lucy-liu-wears-mikimoto-black-south-sea-pearls/. DiaDiva, you''ve inspired me to wear mine in that fashion. Thanks.

lucy-liu1.jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, HHPmom...I need to start wearing it like that in real life too!
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2010 9:55:13 AM
Author: DiaDiva
Thanks, HHPmom...I need to start wearing it like that in real life too!
9.gif
Rock it! I would!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2010 8:49:14 AM
Author: HHPmom
I found another picture http://www.splendicity.com/celeblook/lucy-liu-wears-mikimoto-black-south-sea-pearls/. DiaDiva, you''ve inspired me to wear mine in that fashion. Thanks.

Those look gorgeous layered like that! I knew you were onto something DD!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are they here yet???
9.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I wore 3 strands of my tahitians on Tuesday and it did look really cool. Will have to do it again soon...maybe with the 6 strands...

CCN, you''re scary quick, woman. Fedex only delivered my pearls this afternoon and I took some awful shots, that''s why I didn''t post any yet. But for you....here''s a bad shot and please ignore the Donald Duck lips coz this is the best shot I''ve got of the pearls....
14.gif

IMG_4436 (450 x 600).jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a good pic taken by PP.

MyPPMultiPearls (600 x 214).jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOOh thank you! They look spectacular!! I love the mix of the light and dark pearls!! They are just gorgeous! YOu know that you have to take a neck shot with all of your strands!! LOL! Speaking of, how do they compare to your other strands? Is there a favorite? or am I being too nosy as I know each strand is like a child with a personality and a beauty to each one of them. ....and no, you do not have Donald Duck lips!!! LOL!!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Dia,

I love the mix of colors and the variations of shapes. This strand looks incredible. Can''t wait to see shots of it mixed with some of your others. I''m so glad you went with this strand.

You look gorgeous in that photo.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
You look great! The strand is beautiful. It is the one I''d pick. I love modeling shots.

I wore 3 drop strands (2 multicolor and 1 silvery blue) yesterday and I really like the layered/stacked look. It makes 18" length more versatile for me. I usually go with 17" or longer. Sometimes I twist 2 strands together to get the torsade look and 16" is too short for that.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 9:31:31 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
OOOh thank you! They look spectacular!! I love the mix of the light and dark pearls!! They are just gorgeous! YOu know that you have to take a neck shot with all of your strands!! LOL! Speaking of, how do they compare to your other strands? Is there a favorite? or am I being too nosy as I know each strand is like a child with a personality and a beauty to each one of them. ....and no, you do not have Donald Duck lips!!! LOL!!

Thanks babe...my PP strand is my favourite because it''s new! Hahaha...but I must admit to having a soft spot for my pistachios because they were my first strand of tahitians although I haven''t worn them recently.

My latest project is to get 3 strands of tahitians and make them into 1 strand of 36" and 1 strand of 18" - that way I can combine them into 1 long strand of 54" if I want...what do you think?

And yes, I generally have OK lips but in that pic, they are huge! Yewl....

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
GG, you are too kind. I love how you''re wearing your strands together instead of singly. That''s my current favourite style for wearing pearls too.

9.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 12:33:07 PM
You look great! The strand is beautiful. It is the one I''d pick. I love modeling shots.

I wore 3 drop strands (2 multicolor and 1 silvery blue) yesterday and I really like the layered/stacked look. It makes 18'' length more versatile for me. I usually go with 17'' or longer. Sometimes I twist 2 strands together to get the torsade look and 16'' is too short for that.

Hmom, I love the 3-strand look you posted in your thread. I also adore the torsade look of your FW pearls. How did you get the strands to stay together? Do you have a special hook that you use and where can I get one?

Here is a pic of my GF and I at a wedding tea reception last weekend, I''m wearing my white SS and a strand of tahitians. I love the layered look these days.

NJWedding.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 1:03:52 PM
Author: swedish bean
36.gif
Gorgeous!

Thanks, SB. I think I''m a bit pearl crazy these days...hahaha....

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/28/2010 9:39:16 PM

Date: 1/28/2010 9:31:31 AM
Author: cushioncutnut

Thanks babe...my PP strand is my favourite because it''s new! Hahaha...but I must admit to having a soft spot for my pistachios because they were my first strand of tahitians although I haven''t worn them recently.

My latest project is to get 3 strands of tahitians and make them into 1 strand of 36'' and 1 strand of 18'' - that way I can combine them into 1 long strand of 54'' if I want...what do you think?

And yes, I generally have OK lips but in that pic, they are huge! Yewl....

What do I think?? Of course I am going to enable you to go for it!
11.gif
I like the tahitians with your SS pearls too! Just lovely!!!
30.gif

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
DiaDiva,

30.gif
I love the contrast of white and dark strands worn together.

No special hook. I held both strands vertically with the clasps at the top and used my left hand to twist them (or twirl them around each other as loose or tight as I want). Then drape them on my neck and fasten the clasps as usual.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Hmom. :)

That's a clever way to create a torsade with shorter necklaces. But I also own two strands of 100" FW pearls with no clasps. How do I make a torsade with those? I'll need some kind of clasp/hook, right?

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2010 4:54:46 AM
Thanks, Hmom. :)

That's a clever way to create a torsade with shorter necklaces. But I also own two strands of 100' FW pearls with no clasps. How do I make a torsade with those? I'll need some kind of clasp/hook, right?

Yes. Hold both ends to twist and a pearl clip to make them stay together. With 100" you can fold twice to make it look like 4 twisted. Be sure the shortener's diameter is large enough to handle the thickness of multiple layers of pearls. I have a small shortener to shorten my 18" strand http://www.pearlparadise.com/Pearl-Shortener-14K-Gold415.aspx

and a pearl clip for larger pearls or in your case, longer strands http://www.pearlparadise.com/Pearl-Clip-14K-Yellow-or-White-Gold1617.aspx or http://www.bellafindings.com/jewelscart2000/store/jewelscart2000_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7021

If I want the double-strand look but nested, like at your tea reception, and the lengths of both strands are not about 1.5" difference (just an estimate because nested strands are about that much difference in length), I use the large pearl clip. I fasten the claps of each strand individually(not on neck yet) and use the clip as the clasp, then rearrange the strands to nest them.

Sometimes they don't stay nicely nested though. To remedy that, if I have more time to fuss with them in the morning, in addition to the clip, I'll use 2 small shorteners from the first link above and attach them to the inside and outside strands on each side, and voila, they are nicely nested. With 48" wearing doubled as two 24", I use 2 pearl shorteners on each side in the back to hold the strands together to make them stay nested.. Longer hair hides all that clutter or wear them with collared shirt.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much, Hmom!!! That was really educational! Now if only I''d ordered the pearl clip together with my tahitians, I''d save $26 worth of shipping. I''ll have to wait for another order of pearls before I can justify the shipping
14.gif

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2010 6:28:08 AM

If I want the double-strand look but nested, like at your tea reception, and the lengths of both strands are not about 1.5' difference (just an estimate because nested strands are about that much difference in length), I use the large pearl clip. I fasten the claps of each strand individually(not on neck yet) and use the clip as the clasp, then rearrange the strands to nest them.

I re-read and it didn't sound clear enough. This works if both strands have same type and size clasps, for example 9mm ball clasps. Take the "ball" part of the clasp from strand #1 and connect to the "V" part of the clasp from strand # 2. Then join the "V" part of strand # 1 to the "ball" part of strand # 2. Now you have 2 strands joined together with 2 clasps. Open large pearl clip and hook it to the joined strand where the clasps are, put on and close the clip, then rearrange the strands to make them nested.

Date: 1/29/2010 9:32:40 AM
Thanks so much, Hmom!!! That was really educational! Now if only I''d ordered the pearl clip together with my tahitians, I''d save $26 worth of shipping. I''ll have to wait for another order of pearls before I can justify the shipping
14.gif

7.gif
Maybe another fab necklace?
4.gif
5.gif
I don''t mind.
3.gif

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2010 12:14:38 PM
Author: swedish bean
Date: 1/29/2010 9:32:40 AM

Thanks so much, Hmom!!! That was really educational! Now if only I'd ordered the pearl clip together with my tahitians, I'd save $26 worth of shipping. I'll have to wait for another order of pearls before I can justify the shipping
14.gif

7.gif
Maybe another fab necklace?
4.gif
5.gif
I don't mind.
3.gif

With the service, quality and pricing, PP is a great place to buy Tahitian pearls. Check out the exorbitant prices here, straight from the farm. I've sorted by lowest price first. The first necklace is 9-10mm circled pearls of ABC grade for $1656. Note that it's on cable, not knotted.

http://www.tahiti-pearl-online.com/Pearls-of-Tahiti/jewels/necklaces/index_store.php/cPath/27_30/page/1/sort/4a?osCsid=d4c519818bb6c31b70679c62ca519adf

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Hmom, you''re so spot on. PP is such a fabulous place for pearls!

I have a funny story. Yesterday, we met up with some American visitors who were in Singapore for the Airshow and wanted to buy pearls. They asked me where to shop and I promptly sent him back to PP....LOL....that way he gets a fab deal and he can also return/exchange it if his wife doesn''t like it.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Dia!
35.gif

Beautiful pearls!!
30.gif
I love the way you wear them!!

Btw, you look tall and slim in that pic. I''m jealous!
27.gif
DH and I as well as our cat have put on so much weight in SH. I need to go back to SG to exercise for *at least* a month to burn off all this fat!
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results