shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW She's on her way!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
My husband and I celebrated our 20th anniversary this past July. He told me he wanted me to pick out a piece of jewelry to celebrate. Of course I ran with that. ;-) Originally I wanted to get larger diamond stud earrings because I wear my current studs every day. I knew that I wanted Super Ideal so I started looking at Whiteflash and HPD. I spoke with Wink and emailed back and forth with Layla. I live in Austin so they arranged to send some options to John Pollard in Dallas so I could see them in person. What a treat that was! He was so knowledgeable and fun!

However, I decided that day that I wanted to be able to enjoy the diamond and wouldn't be able to see them very often if they were in my ears. :) So, I changed course and decided to go for an upgrade diamond ring. (I'm not sure that was what my husband was originally planning on but he was on board after seeing the CBI stones in person.)

So, after many phone calls with Layla (and a couple with Wink) I decided on the diamond and with Layla's help customized the setting. I just got the email tonight, my new ring will be here on Wed! I can barely keep it together. :lol-2:

I will post hand shots when I get her but here are the gorgeous photos that @LaylaR sent me tonight. Thank you to Layla for being so patient with me.

Congratulations to a fellow Austinite! It looks fantastic! And definitely a change from an emerald cut. I know it will be a an absolute fireball! (I didn't think there were any bling loving people here besides me and one other person... :lol: )

IDtoTX

Rough_Rock
@bunnycat love to know there's someone else in Austin. Maybe we can do a meetup with @Tekate when she gets to town!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!, Congrats! :clap:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, how beautiful!! The stone is killer and I love the basket! It's like a delicate tulip! You'll have a lovely view from every angle. Enjoy, and congratulations on 20 years!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OHmymymy...what a dolly! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bunnycat @IDtoTX absolutely, I am going to be living in Georgetown/Liberty Hill area, but I lived in NW Austin for 18 years so I am very familiar with Cedar Park, NW Austin, even central Austin, but the 6th street area and South Austin I am not, altho I am sure I could easily navigate ... so we will figure out a way to contact and meet up I'd like to wait to I set up and holidays etc because I will going back and forth to the Northeast and we bought land in Lberty Hill blah blach, I will tell all :) when we meet up.. maybe at the Domain or Aboretum? I am happy to trek south also as I do have my phone! to get me around.. Look forward to a meet up for sure ladies.

Kate

@bunnycat love to know there's someone else in Austin. Maybe we can do a meetup with @Tekate when she gets to town!

IDtoTX

Rough_Rock
I have her!!!! Stunning! I'm at work so I haven't been able to take many pictures but here's one. :) I don't think i'll wear her with both bands at once but this is what I had on when I picked her up.

Attachments

• IMG_2277.jpg
    IMG_2277.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 150

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have her!!!! Stunning! I'm at work so I haven't been able to take many pictures but here's one. :) I don't think i'll wear her with both bands at once but this is what I had on when I picked her up.

Gorgeous! :kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bunnycat Not to derail the thread but I love the ring in your avatar (both gorgeous but I’m talking about the one on the left). Do you have a thread for it?

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock

Gorgeous!! Would like to see some pictures from the side as well since there was so much pretty detail there!

IDtoTX

Rough_Rock
Here's a quick shot I took at work. I'm truly amazed by it. Sorry it's not the best picture - apologize for the old wrinkly hands plus it's gray outside today. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2279.jpg
    IMG_2279.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 130

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!!! :kiss2: Congrats!!

I also loooove your 5 stone ruby and diamond bezel ring! Any addition info on it? Swoon!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a quick shot I took at work. I'm truly amazed by it. Sorry it's not the best picture - apologize for the old wrinkly hands plus it's gray outside today. :)

Beautiful!!

arhzay

Rough_Rock

Delicious :lickout:

looking forward to more pictures!

IDtoTX

Rough_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!!! :kiss2: Congrats!!

I also loooove your 5 stone ruby and diamond bezel ring! Any addition info on it? Swoon!

thank you! @ac117 - the ruby and diamond ring is really special to me. when my grandmother died my grandfather gave each of his 3 granddaughters a diamond from her 3 stone ring. I wanted to do something special with it so I ended up working with SingleStone to custom design it. I love it sooo much!

IDtoTX

Rough_Rock
@bunnycat @IDtoTX absolutely, I am going to be living in Georgetown/Liberty Hill area, but I lived in NW Austin for 18 years so I am very familiar with Cedar Park, NW Austin, even central Austin, but the 6th street area and South Austin I am not, altho I am sure I could easily navigate ... so we will figure out a way to contact and meet up I'd like to wait to I set up and holidays etc because I will going back and forth to the Northeast and we bought land in Lberty Hill blah blach, I will tell all :) when we meet up.. maybe at the Domain or Aboretum? I am happy to trek south also as I do have my phone! to get me around.. Look forward to a meet up for sure ladies.

Kate

I live in South Austin but I work right up by the Domain so that's an easy place for me. Let me know when you get settled! Hope you have a safe and easy move.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's beautiful! The height of sparkly elegance!!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

Kate

I live in South Austin but I work right up by the Domain so that's an easy place for me. Let me know when you get settled! Hope you have a safe and easy move.

Sounds like a plan @Tekate and @IDtoTX.

@bunnycat Not to derail the thread but I love the ring in your avatar (both gorgeous but I’m talking about the one on the left). Do you have a thread for it?

I don't right now! It's a 2.1ct FLYB cushion and is my RHR. :) I'll try to post a couple of pics over in the eye candy thread. Not sure I have time right now for a full thread.

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary and congrats on your gorgeous new ring!!! :kiss2:You can aim to get the new studs on another anniversary!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats on your 20th anniversary and your gorgeous upgrade! It looks super white. Wouldn’t have guessed it’s a J!! Enjoy!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just stunning!

Count me in on an Austin meet up, as my son and future DIL live there, so I visit regularly!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazingly beautiful! Congratulations!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the anniversary, the ring and jewel of the week! Your new ring looks beautiful - we will need lots more pictures!!

IDtoTX

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! I feel like it's such an honor for it to be JOTW. There are so many gorgeous goodies everyday on here!

I can't stop staring at this diamond. I absolutely love it and am completely over the moon happy with what I chose. I know this has been said before but I would HIGHLY recommend using HPD for any project. :)

IDtoTX

Rough_Rock
Just stunning!

Count me in on an Austin meet up, as my son and future DIL live there, so I visit regularly!

I love that we have some Austin people on here! Lets try to plan for after the holidays when things settle down a little!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock

Congratulations on your beautiful ring (and JOTW). A carat for each decade :) and a little to grow on.

I love the basket, the details are just so classic and fluid.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results