shape
carat
color
clarity

She put me in charge (Vintage e-ring)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The last two you posted are very pretty!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think either of those last two are actual antiques ... they look like repros to me -- when I look at the detailed shots.

It''s hard because repros are usually either done SUPERBLY & expensive -- or blobby & cheaply. These look closer to the latter than the former sadly.

As far as masculinity - the 2nd looks more feminine than the first to me -- more flowing. Something about the first looks like a men''s pinkie ring with holes punched through.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about this one -- this is a genuine 20's setting

ETA: though I did just notice that the stone has a GIA cert & its symmetry is ranked "POOR" ..I've never seen that before
23.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both are nice, I prefer the first over the second. The first one might be an actual antique, but the second says "Edwardian STYLE" which is code for repro.

Old mine cuts are gorgeous in their own way, but NOT like the modern round brilliants. They have broad flashes of light and aren't as "brilliant" but have their own mystique. Most of us love them here on PS, but others greatly prefer the symmetry and brilliance of modern cuts.

A J is warm especially in an old stone, but not necessarily bad...make sure you go to a jewelry store and see on in person to make sure you don't mind the warm tone first. NY Estate Jewelry doesn't have a good return policy.

I REALLY like the one Deco posted assuming the stone is ok...maybe it's just poor because it's an old cut stone?

eugenewood

Rough_Rock
decodelighted, i like that one, but from more than 6 inches away it looks like all the other modern rings i''ve seen recently. Where do you see the gia cert?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 7:22:31 PM
Author: eugenewood
decodelighted, i like that one, but from more than 6 inches away it looks like all the other modern rings i've seen recently. Where do you see the gia cert?

I don't think it looks like a modern ring at all...and the Old European center stone will certainly add to the antique vibe of the ring.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 7:22:31 PM
decodelighted, i like that one, but from more than 6 inches away it looks like all the other modern rings i''ve seen recently. Where do you see the gia cert?

When you click on the "other images" -- the last one is a full screen shot of the GIA cert ... on one hand, it''s good to have because you know the grading is accurate. So it is a *J* color -- not a K or L or M ... on the other hand, POOR is a new one on me. It''s like the Unicorn of grading ... rare!

This ring reminds me of Surfgirl''s vintage SHOWSTOPPER ... so I guess I see what you mean about it looking like modern settings ... sidestones etc, but it looks extremely 20s Deco to me....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
For those who don''t follow linkies ... here ''tis.

surfgirldoppleganger.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It won''t look like a modern ring on her hand. I would ask for more pictures... on the hand etc... but it has the potential of being stunning.

GREAT find deco!

eugenewood

Rough_Rock
Oh wow, ebree, best one yet! I really like that one. What do you all think about the .55 c diamond? Is it too small to have that wow factor?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 7:40:13 PM
Oh wow, ebree, best one yet! I really like that one. What do you all think about the .55 c diamond? Is it too small to have that wow factor?

No way! I think it's a great size, especially paired with the side diamonds in the leaves. If you scroll down and look at the hand shot, you can see that the diamonds cover the entire finger.

Plus, you can save that extra money and have a beautiful wedding band made to match (if you so choose).

eugenewood

Rough_Rock
Also, it says "5 side diamonds", but there are clearly 6 side settings. Is one missing? I cant tell.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, that one is gorgeous!!! .55 is certainly completely normal for the "outside world." Don''t let the huge rocks on here scare you!!! That is a STUNNING ring and one I would certainly snag if I were in your shoes. The setting on that ring will really make it shine regardless of the size of the center stone.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh. I like Ebree''s pick too! So many lovely rings on here!

E B

Ideal_Rock
It does say 5 side diamonds, but it could have been a typo because I see 6 as well. If you call about it, just ask.

eugenewood

Rough_Rock
Hmm, ebrees ring takes the lead....

Anyone have any experience with that vendor? I dont see any certs or BBB ratings, or anything else reassuring.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Apparently, the vendor has a 'silver' rating, which means they've sold between 25 and 99 items. You could try calling Ruby Lane and asking about them. The website (Ruby Lane) states that all shops have to be in good standing or they're closed, so this vendor is apparently in good standing.

eugenewood

Rough_Rock
I sent the seller an inquiry on the item. Hopefully she can give me some assurances.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
ooh, ooh, ohh! I was just looking around and I saw this site. Lots of antique reproductions, nice lookng. Check it out:

Richard Landi

a

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, good find! I hadn't been on their site for a while.
I really like the last one, The Divisi. If you got it in 18k white gold with this 2/3 carat G Si1 cut above H&A for $1853 that would come to a total of $3,148 for a truly amazing ring! Those A Cut Above diamonds just blow most other diamonds out of the water!

It's an elegant ring design that is delicate and looks antique-y without being fragile. (as the owner of a 1930's ring I have to say it has been worn a little thin) The ring is set with tiny precision cut diamond melee for some serious sparkly factor. The diamond I suggested has good color and clarity with just a couple little crystals and a really nice and sparkly cut! You'll take her breath away with this one!

ETA: Whiteflash does nice work and is well respected on this board!

eugenewood

Rough_Rock
Yeah, that combo is a finalist (divisi/cut above). Good picks!

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Hi. I am late in posting so sorry if this style has already been discussed / ruled out.

I LOVE this ring - and the stone is a true antique.
http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=32

I noticed he has the retail price listed and on another page, he says to email him offers. Maybe you could get it for less?

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
^^
Love that Leon ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results