Premium
Amazing and so elegant!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Gotta wear what YOU love!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
@Drm1grl
First, congratulations on your career accomplishments and (perhaps even more important) you lovely DH who is on-board with your diamond goals. That’s so rare and special!
I absolutely love your new ring but (...and I’m being perfectly honest here which I hope you take as it is intended which is purely supportive) it is very similar to your magnificent 20-year old ring.
Now, I’m in the same boat.
I wanted to upgrade my e-ring which is a 2.64 H/SI1 MRB. I looked at a lot of stones and finally brought home an elongated cushion brilliant 3.09 carat F/SI2.
For awhile it looked just “very different” to what I was used to looking at for 18 years.
I was just about to say no to it but then I gave it more time.
It literally took my eye about a week to 10 days to accustom itself to seeing a different type of sparkle.
Now I am totally smitten. And I’m happy I did because now I have my MRB for days I feel like classic old-school sophistication (btw, it’s set exactly like your original ring with tapered baguettes) and I have my elongated cushion for days I feel like a big fat facet!
So.
Not to belabor but my (supportively intended) advice is to spend some time with other cuts.
You may find that your existing elegant EC is better than you thought and now your new (pear, marquise, OEC, radiant, etc) scratches that “other” itch.
Again. If you choose this EC it’s unmitigatedly gorgeous.
Please disregard all the above if any of it doesn’t serve you.
We are here as support and your new EC is drool-worthy!
Congratulations again.

Drm1grl

Shiny_Rock
@Drm1grl
First, congratulations on your career accomplishments and (perhaps even more important) you lovely DH who is on-board with your diamond goals. That’s so rare and special!
I absolutely love your new ring but (...and I’m being perfectly honest here which I hope you take as it is intended which is purely supportive) it is very similar to your magnificent 20-year old ring.
Now, I’m in the same boat.
I wanted to upgrade my e-ring which is a 2.64 H/SI1 MRB. I looked at a lot of stones and finally brought home an elongated cushion brilliant 3.09 carat F/SI2.
For awhile it looked just “very different” to what I was used to looking at for 18 years.
I was just about to say no to it but then I gave it more time.
It literally took my eye about a week to 10 days to accustom itself to seeing a different type of sparkle.
Now I am totally smitten. And I’m happy I did because now I have my MRB for days I feel like classic old-school sophistication (btw, it’s set exactly like your original ring with tapered baguettes) and I have my elongated cushion for days I feel like a big fat facet!
So.
Not to belabor but my (supportively intended) advice is to spend some time with other cuts.
You may find that your existing elegant EC is better than you thought and now your new (pear, marquise, OEC, radiant, etc) scratches that “other” itch.
Again. If you choose this EC it’s unmitigatedly gorgeous.
Please disregard all the above if any of it doesn’t serve you.
We are here as support and your new EC is drool-worthy!
Congratulations again.

Awesome advice! I took the ring back. It is just too similar and my heart belongs only to my original EC. My jeweler let me bring home this amazing cushion overnight. It is amazing (but likely more than I want to spend) - but I think a cushion with chunky sparkles may be in my future! Thank you for you excellent input! :)

Attachments

• IMG_20210423_1842378.jpg
    IMG_20210423_1842378.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 16

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome advice! I took the ring back. It is just too similar and my heart belongs only to my original EC. My jeweler let me bring home this amazing cushion overnight. It is amazing (but likely more than I want to spend) - but I think a cushion with chunky sparkles may be in my future! Thank you for you excellent input! :)

That looks gorgeous on you.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well! Having read the thread, I have to agree that your new EC is very similar to your engagement ring. This cushion is spectacular - sparkly and chunky.
And you’ve always got your EC to come back to if you want the step-cut look.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see that you are trying this cushion instead of the EC. TBH, I prefer this cushion. It's brighter and more interesting than the EC. And that EC setting was doing nothing for the stone. Looks like your jeweler has plenty of goodies for you to test out. Awesome that they let you bring it home for a test drive. It really is the best way to determine whether it is a keeper. Good luck on your search, and please post any other beauties you will be testing out.

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock

Oh my goodness @Drm1grl
I had a sleepless night thinking I was being too bossy!
But I honestly felt like we were in the same boat and I had already taken the plunge and wanted to let you know the waters were fine.
I can’t express how amazing this cushion is!
She absolutely belongs with you.
I hope you are enchanted with that different sparkle.
And, of course, when you want that comforting quiet glimmer of your fabulous EC, you have her too!
Congratulations and wear in good health!

beatricecrummles

Rough_Rock
:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: That stone is amazingly big - stunning my dear. Congratulations on the achievement and on that ring. So lovely my dear.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Keep the cushion!!!

pebbles7

Rough_Rock
I love emerald cuts ! It's beautiful.

Kandie

Rough_Rock
That cushion!!! YES! ❤️❤️

asterismdispersion

Shiny_Rock
OK, that cushion is fabulous. I totally support commemorating your milestone accenting your hand by rocking one of those, too. :bigsmile:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That cushion is W:kiss2:W!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results