shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Sharing my new .40 ACA solitaire

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Sharing my new ACA; 0.4ct E VS2. Here it is and thanks for looking!

It’s set into a petite 950 platinum/ruthenium cut-down pave setting. The shank is 1.9mm wide with twenty-two 1.5mm melee stones at .30carats, all D-E-F VVS2, excellent cut.

My goal was for a small solitaire with as much sparkle as possible. The ACA does get a bit lost here, but that was a somewhat calculated intent on my part.

To summarize a long journey, I have learned that my preference in rings leans very hard towards simple and understated. Classic, uncomplicated bands and small solitaires, if I wear one at all. Under 0.5 ct just perfectly suits my aesthetic. This was not exactly an inexpensive lesson, but c’est la vie..

Huge thanks to the people at WF. Working with them has been a pleasure; I always got nothing but the best customer service.
Working with David Klass was great, too. The entire process was smooth and concise and David was kind and professional.

I’ll wear it alone, probably on my right hand. I don’t intend to wear it daily, but I like knowing it’s there when I want a little bling. Daily drivers are still my Tiffany bands.

Not that anyone asked, but can I tell the difference between this .40 ct ACA and the .41 Tiffany XXX and/or the .45 ct IGI Ideal? In terms of performance, no. I can’t. Not at this size. I actually think the Tiffany diamond sparkled more often and in a more pleasing way (to my eyes). The ACA is lovely, bright white and mind clean, so I’m not complaining. Just my observations.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh, it’s lovely!!! The center is immaculate, and the whole ring looks like beautiful craftsmanship. 10/10

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhh, it’s lovely!!! The center is immaculate, and the whole ring looks like beautiful craftsmanship. 10/10

Thanks! I’m very happy with it. Working with these two vendors was a perfect experience.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a pretty ring & I bet it sparkles like crazy!

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
Sparkly and elegant in a lovely high color! Congrats on your new beautiful jewel.

It was interesting to hear your observations compared to the Tiffany stone. The arrows on the Tiffany look a smidge broader/fatter in the photos but maybe that’s an optical illusion. I do especially enjoy shorter lower girdle facets and chunkier arrows myself.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkly and elegant in a lovely high color! Congrats on your new beautiful jewel.

It was interesting to hear your observations compared to the Tiffany stone. The arrows on the Tiffany look a smidge broader/fatter in the photos but maybe that’s an optical illusion. I do especially enjoy shorter lower girdle facets and chunkier arrows myself.

Yes, perhaps I do, too. I was surprised to notice the differences. This is my first ‘super ideal’ cut round, in the past I have always bought GIA XXX and/or IGI Ideals.
It’s very, very white. And very bright. Which I totally love! But it’s not sparkly, as in flashes of sparkles while driving on a sunny day, etc. It just glows white. Too bad I sold the Tiffany, I’d love to compare the two together.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Very pretty! I really like the setting you put it in...enjoy your lovely new ring!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
I love it and I love your taste! Do you care to share details about your 3 stone?

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
I love it and I love your taste! Do you care to share details about your 3 stone?

Yes, they were all F color IGI ideals, .45 and two .30s. It was a custom trellis setting in 14k YG. It was made by Ouros and set by my local jeweler. I sold it a while back. Beautiful, but too much for me. Here’re some additional photos:

20C13EB2-8A65-4727-B436-9592F0F1664D.jpeg

227F8C77-5EA3-4F9B-8D12-3F71382E98C0.jpeg

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, they were all F color IGI ideals, .45 and two .30s. It was a custom trellis setting in 14k YG. It was made by Ouros and set by my local jeweler. I sold it a while back. Beautiful, but too much for me. Here’re some additional photos:

20C13EB2-8A65-4727-B436-9592F0F1664D.jpeg

227F8C77-5EA3-4F9B-8D12-3F71382E98C0.jpeg

THANK YOU so much for the photos! They have made my mouth water! :)

Story

Rough_Rock
I totally relate with you! After feeling unhealthy amounts of envy at my friends who were getting 2-3cts for their engagement rings, and spending a lot of money (for me) to try and compensate, I realised that my 0.63 ACA was the perfect one for me. The journey to discovering your own tastes is a confusing and long one!

Happy for you for finding your preferences! And your ring is just beautiful! DK does such a good job with prongs :D

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Good job! It's a beautiful elegant ring!!!
Thanks for sharing.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
I totally relate with you! After feeling unhealthy amounts of envy at my friends who were getting 2-3cts for their engagement rings, and spending a lot of money (for me) to try and compensate, I realised that my 0.63 ACA was the perfect one for me. The journey to discovering your own tastes is a confusing and long one!

Happy for you for finding your preferences! And your ring is just beautiful! DK does such a good job with prongs :D

Thank you for the kind words. I admit initially getting caught up in the idea that I needed to get the biggest stone we could reasonably afford. And there’s nothing wrong with that ideal, it’s just I never really stopped to think about what worked for me. Not how it looks on my hand, (my hands are gnarled beasts that can ruin even the prettiest rings), but the story it tells. How it fits with who I am.

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is just beautiful. That diamond/setting looks perfect on your hand!

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a smashing "upgrade"! I appreciate you sharing pics of your new ring so much! I also prefer smaller diamonds for myself and don't see enough of them around here!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just so, so lovely. Perfection!!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful, dainty perfect ring! I love the ring and it does look lovely on you.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
To summarize a long journey, I have learned that my preference in rings leans very hard towards simple and understated. Classic, uncomplicated bands and small solitaires, if I wear one at all. Under 0.5 ct just perfectly suits my aesthetic. This was not exactly an inexpensive lesson, but c’est la vie..

It’s beautiful—congrats!

It’s so important to figure out preferences, and sometimes it is hard (and expensive). Glad you found exactly what you wanted. The ACA looks gorgeous.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring, congrats on finding a perfect one for you!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on JOTW! Such a beautiful stone and setting. Enjoy!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results