shape
carat
color
clarity

Share your unexpected finds and amazing treasures!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm always searching for hidden finds, as my budget doesn't allow me to purchase at retail prices. I love antique and vintage jewelry, and admire so many of everyone's special pieces. I want to encourage those that are on a limited budget, that there still good buys to be found. I realized that I needed to do research on the pieces/era that interested me, so with that knowledge, It would help me be able to find those hidden treasures.
The description of this ring was no where near correct - But I recognized what it was - even with the poor quality photo - A vintage platinum five stone French cut diamond ring. This is IMG_3348.JPG IMG_3345.JPG something that I would never have been able to have purchased if I was to pay retail.
Beautiful ring! A French-cut band is on my wishlist so I will admire yours in the meantime!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I picked this ring up on eBay for $300. 14k and .30 ctw. I gave it to my sister, who lost her RHR on our way to Israel for our son/niece’s B’nai Mitzvah. She’s a great sister and my best friend, so it was a lot of fun to surprise her!

05D5CA3B-335A-4F84-86D9-B957649AE383.png

This is so beautiful.... I love the intricate details! :kiss2: What a fantastic gift for your sister @yennyfire. I’m sure she absolutely adores it.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm always searching for hidden finds, as my budget doesn't allow me to purchase at retail prices. I love antique and vintage jewelry, and admire so many of everyone's special pieces. I want to encourage those that are on a limited budget, that there still good buys to be found. I realized that I needed to do research on the pieces/era that interested me, so with that knowledge, It would help me be able to find those hidden treasures.
The description of this ring was no where near correct - But I recognized what it was - even with the poor quality photo - A vintage platinum five stone French cut diamond ring. This is IMG_3348.JPG IMG_3345.JPG something that I would never have been able to have purchased if I was to pay retail.

Nice! I am smitten with french cuts and have used them in several projects lately. But goodness, they’re pricey! Kudos on a beautiful find! :appl:

petite_singe

Shiny_Rock
I picked this ring up on eBay for $300. 14k and .30 ctw. I gave it to my sister, who lost her RHR on our way to Israel for our son/niece’s B’nai Mitzvah. She’s a great sister and my best friend, so it was a lot of fun to surprise her!

05D5CA3B-335A-4F84-86D9-B957649AE383.png
Oh how sweet and those scrollings are beautiful!!:kiss2:

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
Nice! I am smitten with french cuts and have used them in several projects lately. But goodness, they’re pricey! Kudos on a beautiful find! :appl:

Thank you! French cuts really are lovely. I had only seen very small French cuts in person before getting this ring- so for me, the diamonds in this band were large(.25ct each). It was a fun find, because I wasn't looking for them!

petite_singe

Shiny_Rock

Wow, really great find! It’s stunning!

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! A French-cut band is on my wishlist so I will admire yours in the meantime!

Thanks! I have also admired French cut bands for some time- and was very surprised when I found this. It is fun to spend some time each day searching, because you never know what you'll find.(and at a really good price!)

petite_singe

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I have also admired French cut bands for some time- and was very surprised when I found this. It is fun to spend some time each day searching, because you never know what you'll find.(and at a really good price!)
What keywords do you usually use for your search? Many thanks!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could I ask what you paid.. and how it was listed??

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
Could I ask what you paid.. and how it was listed??

I paid a little less than $700 - I wish there was more than one!

It was a generic listing title - no mention of platinum or French cut diamonds. I usually use a broad search and eliminate silver/gold filled/plated, etc. It takes some time and effort, but I have found many beautiful pieces. I appreciate that I am able to wear the lovely antique and vintage pieces that I was only able to admire from afar for many years.

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
What keywords do you usually use for your search? Many thanks!

I search in many different ways - never trying to be too specific. I eliminate words from my searches, such as silver/gold filled/plate, etc. A lot of the success I have had is to just put some time in, and I always check "Buy It Now" several times a day in my saved searches. Most of the really nice pieces I have is from a "Buy It Now" listing.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my brooch that I found on eBay, I had it converted to a bangle. I’ve had it for some time and have never posted. It’s 2.54ctw G-H OECs. It’s has remarkable presence without being too overwhelming.
It's gone through 3 different variations of bangles and we had a lot of problems getting it to fit right. I actually had listed it with LAD because it just never fit me comfortably but she had her bench tweak it for me and I decided that I just couldn't let it go after everything I had been through.

Here is her IG video which shows just how beautiful it is.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhAiqJNhBKI/?taken-by=loveaffairdiamonds

5B4747AC-216E-4A9E-A73D-38368A251F88.jpeg D24414D1-7192-4668-BB6B-D678BDC3DE56.jpeg C49A0AE9-92C7-4F87-8AD8-C3F6E426BDBB.jpeg

Last edited:

petite_singe

Shiny_Rock
I search in many different ways - never trying to be too specific. I eliminate words from my searches, such as silver/gold filled/plate, etc. A lot of the success I have had is to just put some time in, and I always check "Buy It Now" several times a day in my saved searches. Most of the really nice pieces I have is from a "Buy It Now" listing.

Thanks so much. Great tips.

petite_singe

Shiny_Rock
This is my brooch that I found on eBay, I had it converted to a bangle. I’ve had it for some time and have never posted. It’s 2.54ctw G-H OECs. It’s has remarkable presence without being too overwhelming.
It's gone through 3 different variations of bangles and we had a lot of problems getting it to fit right. I actually had listed it with LAD because it just never fit me comfortably but she had her bench tweak it for me and I decided that I just couldn't let it go after everything I had been through.

5B4747AC-216E-4A9E-A73D-38368A251F88.jpeg D24414D1-7192-4668-BB6B-D678BDC3DE56.jpeg C49A0AE9-92C7-4F87-8AD8-C3F6E426BDBB.jpeg

Oh, it's beautiful!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It was a generic listing title - no mention of platinum or French cut diamonds. I usually use a broad search and eliminate silver/gold filled/plated, etc. It takes some time and effort, but I have found many beautiful pieces. I appreciate that I am able to wear the lovely antique and vintage pieces that I was only able to admire from afar for many years.
That is an amazing steal!

Wow, that's gorgeous! I wouldn't have thought to turn a brooch into a bracelet.

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
Such a pretty cross!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's a score of a lifetime!!!! If you ever need to sell you'd have no issue making a nice profit on that bad boy!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Much respect and kudos for your persistence! That’s a magnificent find. Wear it with pride and no little pleasure in your sleuthing skills.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results