shape
carat
color
clarity

Share your unexpected finds and amazing treasures!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I really like this one! So pretty. I’ve been on a casual hunt for a sweet flower ring.
Thanks! I had been casually looking as well, though for an all-diamond version. This was a pleasant surprise from browsing on Instagram.

The lighting does make it look slightly different, however, I think it still has gorgeous coloring and is the most beautiful ring of the entire lot!
Thank you! I hope they’re as vibrant in person.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am loving all these very special goodies!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Y'all aren't going to believe this... I met up with my daughter for a nice lunch and we discovered there's a row of vintage and antique shops nearby. Well, one thing led to another and we find ourselves in a special auction event being held by one of the boutiques.

Lot 133 comes up and it's a 2.2ct crescent brooch in platinum and 18k gold....

Guess who just won said brooch? :lol:

I took a quick pic in the car, so forgive the horrible lighting - but I think she's a beauty. Now I just need to get home and give her a good bath since it's so dirty from everyone handling it.

IMG_5713.jpeg

Last edited:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y'all aren't going to believe this... I met up with my daughter for a nice lunch and we discovered there's a row of vintage and antique shops nearby. Well, one thing led to another and we find ourselves in a special auction event being held by one of the boutiques.

I took a quick pic in the car, so forgive the horrible lighting - but I think she's a beauty. Now I just need to get home and give her a good bath since it's so dirty from everyone handling it.

IMG_5713.jpeg

Absolutely gorgeous!! If you don't mind me asking, what was the ballpark of the piece?? Those stones look pristine!! :love:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!! If you don't mind me asking, what was the ballpark of the piece?? Those stones look pristine!! :love:

Thanks @ac117! With the buyers premium and sales tax, it was still under 2k. I’ll have to see what DK will charge to convert this one since the platinum makes this a hefty piece. I think it’ll need a much heavier chain.

I checked the stones under a 30x loupe and they all look great. No chips, and only some minor inclusions on the 2 of the end stones.

I took a few more pics after I got her cleaned up (please excuse my dry hands - it was from cleaning the piece :(sad)

1D519BF8-B4AC-466C-AA5F-BD2B5E8243A4.jpeg 6817F0EC-EF3F-4B99-97E7-E2246758BCED.jpeg 6CF5A7B3-B8EA-437B-822A-2D9ADC8CDE51.jpeg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @ac117! With the buyers premium and sales tax, it was still under 2k. I’ll have to see what DK will charge to convert this one since the platinum makes this a hefty piece. I think it’ll need a much heavier chain.

I checked the stones under a 30x loupe and they all look great. No chips, and only some minor inclusions on the 2 of the end stones.

I took a few more pics after I got her cleaned up (please excuse my dry hands - it was from cleaning the piece :(sad)

1D519BF8-B4AC-466C-AA5F-BD2B5E8243A4.jpeg 6817F0EC-EF3F-4B99-97E7-E2246758BCED.jpeg 6CF5A7B3-B8EA-437B-822A-2D9ADC8CDE51.jpeg

WOW!! Truly an amazing find!!! I need these types of things to fall in my lap ;(

petite_singe

Shiny_Rock

What an amazing find and how sparkling those stones are! It's meant to be yours @stonewell. Are those OECs or OMCs?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous piece stonewell! Love to see these old pieces turned into wearable items with minor changes!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Holy Hell Stonewall! I want the lighting at your place. Your pics are amazing (of course the subjects are amazing too).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I wish this were my luck! Congrats on a beautiful piece.:love:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What an amazing find and how sparkling those stones are! It's meant to be yours @stonewell. Are those OECs or OMCs?

Thank you! They appear to be OMCs to me. So, they’re cut a bit deeper and put out some nice bigger flashes.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous piece stonewell! Love to see these old pieces turned into wearable items with minor changes!

I agree and thank you! A little part of me feels guilty for modifying it, but it would otherwise just sit in a box, imho. These beauties are definitely meant to be worn!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Holy Hell Stonewall! I want the lighting at your place. Your pics are amazing (of course the subjects are amazing too).

Glad to hear it, given how insanely expensive the OC is. lol Seriously though, I’m fortunate to have a nice, southern facing bay window and the sun light is fantastic when it shines.

I’m also flattered by your compliment - no fancy equipment here; these are all taken with an iPhone X.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wish this were my luck! Congrats on a beautiful piece.:love:

Thank you! I’m hoping for much success for you in finding one - estate sales, I’m finding, are a great source.

However... my daughter was being “Captain Obvious” and pointed out I wouldn’t need two, similar pieces. Assuming she isn’t going to coerce me to giving her the other one and DK gives the thumbs up on the quality of the new one, I am thinking of posting the first brooch conversion on LT for what I paid.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Glad to hear it, given how insanely expensive the OC is. lol Seriously though, I’m fortunate to have a nice, southern facing bay window and the sun light is fantastic when it shines.

I’m also flattered by your compliment - no fancy equipment here; these are all taken with an iPhone X.

iPhones really are the bombdiggity.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Holy moly, that is a stunner! :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:...............WANT! Seriously it's absolutely gorgeous!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20180208_065220.jpg
I am not sure that this counts but I thought it was an unbelievable deal.

I found this cluster ring at an antique shop last year. It was very small, size 3.5 or 4, way too small for me. Since it was $150, I bought it anyway and sat on it for a while. It's hard to tell from these pics but the stones are very sparkly and white. Lol, $150 was pretty fantastic for them. I finally decided to have DK repurpose them into an antique style eternity band. Here it is.

downloadfile-1.jpeg

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
20180208_065220.jpg

I found this cluster ring at an antique shop last year. It was very small, size 3.5 or 4, way too small for me. Since it was $150, I bought it anyway and sat on it for a while. It's hard to tell from these pics but the stones are very sparkly and white. Lol, $150 was pretty fantastic for them. I finally decided to have DK repurpose them into an antique style eternity band. Here it is.

downloadfile-1.jpeg

Oh now, that is lovely- great stack :love::cheeky::love:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_5713.jpeg

Wowee!!! Fantastic and what fun!!!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
20180208_065220.jpg

downloadfile-1.jpeg

Now that’s what I’m talking about!! Fantastic find, @ceg - I love the newly designed eternity with that stack! (I’m still drooling over your sapphire ring too...:love:)

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My crescent brooch conversion is being held hostage by the USPS! Well, not really...but it is stuck there because of my lousy mail carrier.

In the meantime, this sneak peek will have to do.
D0C22899-1B0B-4FEB-A289-902E92C3DF27.jpeg

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My crescent brooch conversion is being held hostage by the USPS! Well, not really...but it is stuck there because of my lousy mail carrier.

Wow! That turned out beautifully @JPie!! Simply gorgeous. Sorry to hear USPS is holding things up - hopefully you’ll receive it soon and can post more photos... please! :pray:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That turned out beautifully @JPie!! Simply gorgeous. Sorry to hear USPS is holding things up - hopefully you’ll receive it soon and can post more photos... please! :pray:

Thank you! I definitely want to take some pics once I finally get it.

petite_singe

Shiny_Rock
20180208_065220.jpg

downloadfile-1.jpeg
Wow, what a bargain and those stones look so white and sparkly! Great find. Love your stackers. Beautiful!!

petite_singe

Shiny_Rock

ohhh - what a sweet blue moon. Please post more photos when it arrives.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Can’t wait to see more pics of this beauty!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I picked this ring up on eBay for $300. 14k and .30 ctw. I gave it to my sister, who lost her RHR on our way to Israel for our son/niece’s B’nai Mitzvah. She’s a great sister and my best friend, so it was a lot of fun to surprise her!

05D5CA3B-335A-4F84-86D9-B957649AE383.png

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
I'm always searching for hidden finds, as my budget doesn't allow me to purchase at retail prices. I love antique and vintage jewelry, and admire so many of everyone's special pieces. I want to encourage those that are on a limited budget, that there still good buys to be found. I realized that I needed to do research on the pieces/era that interested me, so with that knowledge, It would help me be able to find those hidden treasures.
The description of this ring was no where near correct - But I recognized what it was - even with the poor quality photo - A vintage platinum five stone French cut diamond ring. This is IMG_3348.JPG IMG_3345.JPG something that I would never have been able to have purchased if I was to pay retail.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm always searching for hidden finds, as my budget doesn't allow me to purchase at retail prices. I love antique and vintage jewelry, and admire so many of everyone's special pieces. I want to encourage those that are on a limited budget, that there still good buys to be found. I realized that I needed to do research on the pieces/era that interested me, so with that knowledge, It would help me be able to find those hidden treasures.
The description of this ring was no where near correct - But I recognized what it was - even with the poor quality photo - A vintage platinum five stone French cut diamond ring. This is IMG_3348.JPG IMG_3345.JPG something that I would never have been able to have purchased if I was to pay retail.
WOW! Great find!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results