shape
carat
color
clarity

Share all your goodies from 2016!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was thinking of PintoBeans beautiful goodies. Then of Niel's awesome beautiful finds this year. Soxfan's has had a great year too. I Started to realize how many more PSers have had a sweet 2016. So calling everyone out to share your goodies from this year. Can be a family photo or many photos. Do what you feel. Can't wait to see it all!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, by coincidence, I just posted in your other thread that this has been an exceptional jewelry year for YOU! It has been a good one for me, too, but I can't post until December when I get my final and best piece of the year! Great thread idea!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Here are mine -

Sorry about the pics, the lighting is not so good!

_38504.jpg

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here are mine, i've got them in February/May and did not yet have time to show them here :pray: ...still planning to do so... :think:

img_13189.jpg

img_13190.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww thank you for thinking of me! I did have a good year. :shock: :shock: :shock: After I get my new reset and custom band, I am DONE for the duration. (I know, I've said that before..)

Here are my goodies!

1. .93 OEC in platinum CVB casablanca halo
2. 1.59 Antique pear diamond in a custom CVB halo
3. 2.28 OEC in CVB acacia (being reset into a custom edwardian solitaire replica)
4. Hand carved CVB band
5. French and round cut diamond CVB riviera band

img_13191.jpg

img_13192.jpg

img_13193.jpg

Q

Queenie60

soxfan|1477663450|4091509 said:
Awww thank you for thinking of me! I did have a good year. :shock: :shock: :shock: After I get my new reset and custom band, I am DONE for the duration. (I know, I've said that before..)

Here are my goodies!

1. .93 OEC in platinum CVB casablanca halo
2. 1.59 Antique pear diamond in a custom CVB halo
3. 2.28 OEC in CVB acacia (being reset into a custom edwardian solitaire replica)
4. Hand carved CVB band
5. French and round cut diamond CVB riviera band

Love your fabulous CVB collection!!!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes Soxfan! Amazing CVB rings. I love them all. :love: :love: :love: Is your reset and band being done by CVB too? Do you happen to know the mm size of your OEC?

Roi- your VCA is lovely! Congratulations! Of course I love your ACAs in those huggies! Yes create your threads with tons more pics I am sure PSers want to see.

Beautiful pieces Monnyjay!

I hope more PSers come out of hiding! I know there is a lot more out there... Where is Bliss she has some amazing new rings! Who else can I call out :bigsmile:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Soxfan meaning the one in the Casa halo... Not your new one. lol

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1477620889|4091410 said:
Well, by coincidence, I just posted in your other thread that this has been an exceptional jewelry year for YOU! It has been a good one for me, too, but I can't post until December when I get my final and best piece of the year! Great thread idea!

Yes it has! I will get a pic up soon. I have been super busy on the go. I did get studs too! So when I can carve out a min I will take a family photo. Please please makes sure you come back here and post your 2016! I think I know what you have been up to. At least have a hint :angel:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Droooool....

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From December 2015 on:
Center:
1. Tennis Bracelet
2. Milgrain bezel pendant
3. pre-loved DBTY Andelain bracelet
4. IDJ hoops
5. Blue sapphire cabs
6. Jackets for 5mm studs
Left:
7. Marquise ring
8. round milgrain bezel band
9. marquise sapphire milgrain bezel band
10. beaded stuller band
11. BG blue upgrade soli
Right:
12. Bread basket (EC 7 stone)
13. Pollo - MRB
14. Miami - EC
15. plain spacer (I got 2, one from e-wedding bands, 1 from DebBlazer - identical, but Deb Blazer cheaper)
16. milgrain pave band
image_1180.jpg image_1181.jpg image_1182.jpg image_1183.jpg image_1184.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations everyone!!!

Seriously great year. Pinto you scored!! I will just enjoy this thread till I get closer to the end of the year to see what may crop up! :)

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: Pinto, I'm available for adoption!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This year was a fairly quiet year for me, since last year saw me add my antique ruby and diamond 5 stone (roughly 2.1ctw of rubies and .85ctw of diamonds), my bezel set asscher eternity band (2.03ctw), my 18kt yellow round brilliant eternity band (2.68ctw) and my new solitaire (3.61ct) to my collection. I also added 2 new silver bangles and a new yellow gold charm bracelet. So 2015 was a landmark jewelry year. 2016 was, consequently, a little more calm!

3 new additions to my collection - all of which I love:

My 3 stone EC and pear ring in yellow gold, my solid yellow gold bangle, and my tiny diamond stud which completed my cushion cut earrings set for every day wear. Keep an eye out for 2017, though - a big year is coming! :D

img_13196.jpg

img_13197.jpg

img_13198.jpg

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
What a fun thread!

Here are my 3 additions for the year.

My 10 year anniversary band from WF. I love it to pieces and wear it every day.

A diamond wedding band by DK that goes perfectly with my engagement ring.

I also added a pair of cheapie champagne freshwater pearl studs to my collection recently to wear as placeholders until I have saved enough for my diamond studs. I am pleasantly surprised by how much I like them.

img_13202.jpg

e1c564bd-30e6-458e-9f3f-2a26538cbd93.jpg

5baae7aa-4c03-44d2-a195-6a4507089c34.jpg

img_13203.jpg

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Hathalove- I would love to see your 2016 goodies in this thread!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great idea for a thread. OK, here goes...

I've had a colorful year. I study the Kiki McDonough website in-depth and am mostly uncomfortable with such high prices for semi-precious stones like amethyst and blue topaz (although I do have some Kiki things). However, I have taken the color lesson to heart and bought non-designer pieces that have lots of color contrast:

First photo is my semi-precious stones set in silver. They include oval drops that i wear on thin diamond hoops.

Second photo is an iolite fringe necklace and a garnet fringe necklace, both set in silver. I bought the garnet necklace because it's unusually pink, without much of the brown that garnet's known for.

The third photo is my 18k iolite and green tourmaline pendant, my purple heart pendant in 14k, and my diamond swallow from Maison Birks. (The first two pendants in this image are from two local jewelers. The purple heart is preloved.)

The bottom picture is the purple heart with my Kiki McDonough drops, to show how well they go together.

photo_1180.jpg

photo_1181.jpg

photo_1182.jpg

photo_4__2_4.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First photo - top: Silver cross with a garnet, and turquoise/amber flower. I adore these pieces, inexpensive as they were. I wear them on a long 24-inch thick silver chain (not at the same time!) and IMHO they're quite striking.

Then we have my silver birds sitting on their perches - these are very detailed IRL - and then my three sun-moon-star necklaces. Top one is amethyst, middle is blue topaz, and the third is multi-color with peridot, garnet, citrine, blue topaz, and amethyst.

Then there's my Tiffany charm heart bracelet, which looks like silver confetti on the wrist and jingle-jangles beautifully, and then there's my LOVE necklace that I got at a local store. The letters are substantial block letters IRL, but it looks nice and delicate when it's worn. Everything in this photo is sterling silver.

Second photo: Kiki McDonough pearl drops for my YG diamond hoops; blue-gray pearls from Annoushka.com on 18k YG findings, and my 14k yellow gold ice skate pendant. The skate is lovely and heavy IRL. With the Kiki pearls, at first I was a little disappointed in the size, but then I realized that due to the delicate finding, I can wear them hung from a variety of my studs.

Third Photo: A pearl set made with baroque pearls and a silver branch design. This set is sterling silver and the stone is a rhodolite garnet.

Fourth photo: The earrings have to to worn to do them justice, although this ear shot isn't the best. IRL the silver and the pearl are both very white, and the pearls are large.

photo_1183.jpg

photo_1184.jpg

photo_1185.jpg

photo_1186.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've shown some of these things on Pricescope before, and some are new. This is a great idea to show all our 2016 purchases in one place.

Here are some neck shots of some of the things in the group photos, to get a closer look at the items that IMHO are the most striking.

The top two shots are the silver, pearl, and rhodolite-garnet branch necklace, as before. To me, this piece looks quite designer-ish.

Then we have a neck shot of the garnet fringe necklace, and a shot of the peridot east-west necklace. Both these necklaces have untreated stones and are set in sterling silver.

You can't really see this in the photo, but the surrounding of the peridot is brushed and the silver is a little roughed-up, which I think also looks quite designer. There's no sense of scale, but the peridot is quite large. I also have a bright green peridot heart from the same store which is in the photo above, and has its own thread somewhere on Pricescope.

photo_1187.jpg

photo_1188.jpg

photo_1189.jpg

photo_1190.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried to get an ear shot of the Annoushka pearl earrings, but this was the best I could do. They were expensive for freshwater pearls, but the tone and luster is great, with a play of lavender across the gray, and they are large with thick yellow hooks. They do look expensive IRL, and I get a lot of compliments on them. It's a pity I couldn't get a better ear shot.

Second is my silver, peridot, topaz, and amethyst necklace. It's an inch diameter, and looks nice with black.

The silver cross is a double cross with each side kind of puffed out in a curve from each other, so from the side it looks like this: ( ) It stands out nicely from my chest because of that detail. On a long silver chain it looks very medieval, and great with gray or black tops. It's solid sterling silver with a garnet, and I like it because this shape of cross is found on the crowns of many European jewels. It reminds me of castles and the Middle Ages. The arms of the cross are outlined with lines of unpolished silver grooves so it looks like black lines, but the photo has washed that out. But you can see the effect clearly in the group photo near the top of my posts. That outlining gives it some nice contrast.

The amber and turquoise flower set in sterling silver looks very bohemian dangling from a long silver chain, and I don't think these photos do it justice. It's very layered - the piece is thick and heavy - and I just love it. The photo is overexposed, so the colors aren't showing very well.

photo_1191.jpg

photo_1192.jpg

photo_1193.jpg

photo_1194.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's another photo of the amber and turquoise flower that shows the colors better.

And also, here is a pair of earrings that I bought this week, which I've been admiring for at least a year, if not two. I'm lucky no one bought them in the meantime. Amethyst and blue topaz in 14k yellow gold, and again quite Kiki-esque in my opinion but without the Kiki-esque price tag.

photo_1195.jpg

photo_1196.jpg

photo_1197.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Outdoor shots of both pairs of colorful earrings that I bought this week:

Again, the bezel drops with all the stones and colors are quite reminiscent of Kiki McDonough's Classic and Eternal lines, but cost about a quarter of what they would have cost from that store.

The only two things left that I want to get are a rubellite tourmaline pendant in my local store and a pair of Kiki peridot and diamond halo studs, which I've set my heart on, and which cost about $850. Then I'm going to stop buying jewelry...and although I love the Kiki pieces, I'm never going to buy much from there because it's just so expensive. There's a pair of lavender amethyst earrings that have large oblong amethysts set east-west on a gold hoop, no diamonds, but they'd be about $1.8k and I just can't bring myself to pay that much for amethyst.

That's it for me with 2016 purchases. Hope you enjoy the photos!

photo_1198.jpg

photo_1199.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this photo has better color than the one I posted above. I'd have replaced it but can no longer edit.

Forgot to say what is each. All are set in sterling silver:
Top row, from left: blue topaz cushion-cut pendant; iolite round pendant; blue topaz pear pendant; amethyst pear pendant. These four are from the same store, a few towns over.
The earrings on the top far right are green amethyst cushion drops; same store as above. There's a matching necklace that I might get.
The drops on the middle and bottom left are blue topaz and lavender amethyst, set in thick sterling silver bezels, with a matching blue topaz necklace. I'm also getting green amethyst drops in the same series. These are from Heavenly Necklaces, as is the multi-color circle pendant.
The two peridot pendants - heart and east-west oval - are from the same store a few towns over as the pendants in the top row.

Do you think I have enough color in my life now!!

photo_1201.jpg

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful colors Jambalya! Wow you got a lot done this year!!! Hope you are enjoying them all :razz:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CRYSTAL24K|1477762388|4091803 said:
Hathalove- I would love to see your 2016 goodies in this thread!

You already know how much I love your WF band. Gorgeous!!! I want one too:) Congratulations on your goodies!

I have been out of town but as soon as I can get a group shot I will definitely post here!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
upgradingmama|1477737346|4091705 said:

haha! Me too.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hathalove|1478029786|4092725 said:

haha! Me too.
Let's have a cook-off! I'd like more home cooked meals, like once a week? Whomever wins gets to be my child, and mama doesn't mind if you borrow my jewelry! :dance:
So I'm going to say this thread jinxed me. I've been teased about it too, because not too long after I post here, I go to the antique jewelry and watch show and end up taking home this:
_6237.jpg
I swear I'm TRULY done now! :whistle: :think: :naughty: :liar:

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1478040629|4092778 said:
hathalove|1478029786|4092725 said:

haha! Me too.
Let's have a cook-off! I'd like more home cooked meals, like once a week? Whomever wins gets to be my child, and mama doesn't mind if you borrow my jewelry! :dance:
So I'm going to say this thread jinxed me. I've been teased about it too, because not too long after I post here, I go to the antique jewelry and watch show and end up taking home this:
_6237.jpg
I swear I'm TRULY done now! :whistle: :think: :naughty: :liar:

Darn. I'm out. I won't even cook for jewelry. I buy well though. I could keep the fridge stocked with carry out???!!! That said the watch is amazing and I have some CVB goodies coming to me later this week to add to this thread :clap: :clap: They might tide me over so I don't have to cook!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-b|1477746313|4091722 said:
This year was a fairly quiet year for me, since last year saw me add my antique ruby and diamond 5 stone (roughly 2.1ctw of rubies and .85ctw of diamonds), my bezel set asscher eternity band (2.03ctw), my 18kt yellow round brilliant eternity band (2.68ctw) and my new solitaire (3.61ct) to my collection. I also added 2 new silver bangles and a new yellow gold charm bracelet. So 2015 was a landmark jewelry year. 2016 was, consequently, a little more calm!

3 new additions to my collection - all of which I love:

My 3 stone EC and pear ring in yellow gold, my solid yellow gold bangle, and my tiny diamond stud which completed my cushion cut earrings set for every day wear. Keep an eye out for 2017, though - a big year is coming! :D

ooh that emerald and pear bezeled ring is now one of my new favorites!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results