shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Shameless Showoffs: Show Me Your Bling!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Jereni|1383840967|3552184 said:
jill_s|1383793285|3551962 said:
Jereni - I love the wedding band you have on your ring finger with the sapphire three stone. Can I ask where you picked that up?

Thanks jill, that band is the Tiffany swing. I usually avoid Tiffany like the plague, since they are overpriced, but I hunted and hunted and no other vendor that I've seen, has produced this design this delicately. We went custom at first and the jeweler created a blocky, chunky imitation. So I gave up and went for the original :-/

Thanks for your response! I really love the swing band, and Tiffany definitely does it best! I was hoping you had found one from another vendor that looked just as good! Maybe I can find one on the pre-owned market, as those Tiffany prices are hard to swallow. Have you found that it's held up well? Do you baby it or worry about knocking it around too much?

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Blurry photo but this photo captures the reflection of leaves.

Sparkle in car! First time capturing it on photo. Photography skill must have improved!

tree_1.jpg

car_sparkle.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ashleigh|1383891131|3552622 said:

Sparkle in car! First time capturing it on photo. Photography skill must have improved!

Love the look of a bezel. So cool! :sun:

Vintagerockaddict

Rough_Rock
I love that my diamond smiles at me during a mundane day!before and after pictures to follow same center stone 3.15 light fancy yellow 8.8x9.9mm.my diamond is so much happier...

_11744.jpg

_11745.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful new setting, Vintagerockaddict!

Ashleigh -- I was so excited to see your pics, because I'm about to set my OEC in a similar type of setting. :bigsmile:

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom|1383923201|3552743 said:
Ashleigh|1383891131|3552622 said:

Love the look of a bezel. So cool! :sun:
Thank you, LLJ. :))

GemFever said:
Beautiful new setting, Vintagerockaddict!

Ashleigh -- I was so excited to see your pics, because I'm about to set my OEC in a similar type of setting. :bigsmile:

Hi Gemfever, I saw your post about setting your 2.5 ct in bezel in preloved. Would love to see your ring soon. I love bezels :appl:

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
misskittycat|1383774883|3551805 said:
OMG - you got your Lily and didn't do a SMTB thread??? Disappointed!!!

You owe us more photos iluvshinythings!!

I'll do a pic heavy SMTB thread as soon as I get back from the wedding. Hopefully I'll get some glamor shots with the band.

Vintagerockaddict Your ring was stunning before but that new setting is dreamy!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Ashleigh: Great picture of your bezel, it's beautiful and so sleek. The sparkle from your stone just pops :love: !!

Vintagerockaddict: I love your new setting. It really showcases your diamond perfectly, WOW :bigsmile: ! And it looks so comfortable on your hand. Where & how does the shank adjust?

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom: Wow, I love your 5 stone ring exactly the way it is :love: :love:! Don't you dare reset the center stone, it's not every day that you can get side stones that match the "personality" of the center stone so well. Seriously, they look like they were made for each other!! Besides, you can always get another diamond and halo it (did I just find a way to use "halo" as a verb? :lol: ).

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Jill: I love your ring! OMG every time I come back to this thread there's another gorgeous piece of jewelry to drool over. I can only imagine how phenomenal your diamonds look in person :love: :love: :love: ! I know how much I love looking at mine so if I had something like yours on my hand I'd be a distracted basket-case (but a very very happy one :lol: ).

I've been trying to capture a pic of the facets of my oval because there aren't as many fancy shaped rings out here, but I'm not doing a very good job. I've been taking all of my pictures with my cell phone and I think I might get better results using a camera :confused: .

roxy_2backlit.png

roxy_2candlelit.png

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1383497681|3549565 said:
And then there are my halo babies.

Doh. How did I miss these? Athena, these are gorgeous. The definition of YUMMO as my eight year old says about her favorite candy!! :lickout: Now these are what halos are for... Exhibit A and B...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roxy|1383949181|3553029 said:
LLJsmom: Wow, I love your 5 stone ring exactly the way it is :love: :love:! Don't you dare reset the center stone, it's not every day that you can get side stones that match the "personality" of the center stone so well. Seriously, they look like they were made for each other!! Besides, you can always get another diamond and halo it (did I just find a way to use "halo" as a verb? :lol: ).

Awwwww Roxy, I'm blushing... 8) Thanks for the words of encouragement. You know how it is. When you see these delicate antiquey masterpieces on this site, I just really want one too. Then you look at rings like ours which are gorgeous but BlING-Y and bold and just screams I LOVE DIAMONDS!!! Then I wonder if I should have gone delicate, ya know...

That is why I love you set sooooo much!! It is so unapologetically perfect (I mean that literally.) and bold. To me it just says "I'm fabulous and I know it. Deal with it.). I showed my husband your video last night and made him stand there and watch the whole thing. I told him how smart your hubby was to have two soldered together to prevent the rubbing and ensure permanent bling. I'm gonna do like you and go get the slr. These iPhone pics are just not cutting it! Lol!! And a 30 pointer eternity band is ow official going on the. King bucket list. I'm copying you!! (If that's ok ;))

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jill_s|1383949209|3553031 said:
Adding another pic I took recently

Jill, post as many pics whenever you can. I never get tired of seeing that gorgeous beauty. You and Roxy need to have permanent threads (wow, what a great idea if I have to say so myself) so I don't have to keep searching for your posts. ;-)

Roxy said:
Jill: I love your ring! OMG every time I come back to this thread there's another gorgeous piece of jewelry to drool over. I can only imagine how phenomenal your diamonds look in person :love: :love: :love: ! I know how much I love looking at mine so if I had something like yours on my hand I'd be a distracted basket-case (but a very very happy one :lol: ).

I've been trying to capture a pic of the facets of my oval because there aren't as many fancy shaped rings out here, but I'm not doing a very good job. I've been taking all of my pictures with my cell phone and I think I might get better results using a camera :confused: .

Vintagerockaddict

Rough_Rock
Thank you guys for the wonderful complements. I will include a picture of the adjustable setting. My finger had damage after a pit bull attacked so the adjustable shank goes over my large knuckle and hugs my finger perfect.

More on the setting: this is a custom made platinum design by a local artist. I had been on high search for a more protective setting. I really didn't want the typical halo since my diamond is not typical in shape or color. After looking for hours online and locally I came across this setting. I have not seen one like this anywhere and it stole my heart.

_11760.jpg

Vintagerockaddict

Rough_Rock
Thank you guys for the wonderful complements. I will include a picture of the adjustable setting. My finger had damage after a pit bull attacked so the adjustable shank goes over my large knuckle and hugs my finger perfect.

More on the setting: this is a custom made platinum design by a local artist. I had been on high search for a more protective setting. I really didn't want the typical halo since my diamond is not typical in shape or color. After looking for hours online and locally I came across this setting. I have not seen one like this anywhere and it stole my heart.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Old Miss Evil (1.42, D, VVS2) is in a rare food mood (for her) today.

img_2639.jpg

img_2640.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madam Bijoux|1383963062|3553142 said:

:twisted: All hail Evil Queen!! Your icy-D blinginess doth blind mine eyes!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vintagerockaddict|1383936561|3552874 said:
I love that my diamond smiles at me during a mundane day!before and after pictures to follow same center stone 3.15 light fancy yellow 8.8x9.9mm.my diamond is so much happier...

Beautiful distinctive stone and setting. Very lovely!!

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
This is such a nice ring.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Breakfast at laboulange. See, compared to my DHs $29.95 pilots watch, my bling is teeny.

image_811.jpg

And one with the little hand that will be wearing her great grandma's diamonds someday.

image_812.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

May I please have this ring? BEGGING....pretty please??? :love: :love: :love: Oh and the rest of your collection MB--simply send it all to me, in one of your Hermes bags! Thanks very much! :bigsmile: :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1384038976|3553563 said:

May I please have this ring? BEGGING....pretty please??? :love: :love: :love: Oh and the rest of your collection MB--simply send it all to me, in one of your Hermes bags! Thanks very much! :bigsmile: :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

You're first on the list to inherit Old Miss Evil. :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madam Bijoux|1384039149|3553568 said:
canuk-gal|1384038976|3553563 said:

cheers--Sharon

You're first on the list to inherit Old Miss Evil. :wavey:

YAY! :appl: I would like OME VERY much--and perhaps she would like me!!!!! :love:

cheers--Sharon

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1383590137|3550244 said:
Jereni, beautiful! I love how vibrant they all are!

And a ring per finger sounds good to me - it's actually what prompted me to come post! I swapped all my rings to one hand for a sec while I was putting on another to stack, and liked the combo of the three, shapewise (plus my unusually-foppish-even-for-me lace and brocade sleeves) enough that I couldn't resist. I would have made an awesome Venetian nobleman, yo.

P.S. - No, it wasn't Halloween. I really do dress like that. A lot of the time.

You are my hero!!!!! I love the lace and brocade ALMOST as much as your rings!

maria121

Shiny_Rock
I just received this lovely round prong set diamond eternity (middle) as a birthday gift from DH. Thanks for letting me share!

bday_ring_1.jpg

bday_ring_2.jpg

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
maria121, love your set and new gift. Happy Birthday!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Tennis bracelet & friends
2. The Little King (1.26 D VVS2 Royal Asscher)
3. Front view of The Little King

img_0053.jpg

img_0058.jpg

img_2656.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results