shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Shameless Showoffs: Show Me Your Bling!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful earrings!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jill_s|1383329595|3548738 said:
LLJsmom|1383281839|3548520 said:
jill_s|1383186970|3547917 said:
Driving thru the ATM and loved the way the sun was hitting my ring. WF 3-Stone 3.57ctw

Lovely ring Jill_S. I looked up your thread on your ring cause it looks so similar to mine, same kind of bold look, but mine is 5 stones. It does look really substantial and sturdy. I love it!!! It's gorgeous!!

LLJsmom - thank you! I was toying with the idea of resetting it, but then I decided maybe I just need a band to go with it. Do you wear a band with your ring? If so, what kind of band do you wear?

Hi Jill,

Currently I wear it with a skinny pave eternity band in between it and my think old platinum band. This old chunky band is my wedding band and it just doesn't feel right without it. I also took pics of it with a fatter diamond sapphire band and one with skinny pave bands on both sides. Hope this helps. I am a 4.5 size and the center I. Mine is 2.59 with two 30 points stones on each side. I also am very tempted all the time to reset into a cushion halo but I have to keep reminding myself that I have always loved this chunky and bolder look. Seeing your ring and thread is a great reminder.

image_785.jpg

image_786.jpg

image_787.jpg

I discovered stacking with this ring is fun!! Don't forget to show us all the fun options you are considering!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bbziggy|1383399538|3549041 said:
I finally get to wear these earrings to my son's wedding tonight!! Made from an antique brooch and more old mine cut diamonds added on.

Holy moly!! Fabulous blingfest!! Rock those amazing earrings!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom|1383409699|3549084 said:
Driving thru the ATM and loved the way the sun was hitting my ring. WF 3-Stone 3.57ctw

Lovely ring Jill_S. I looked up your thread on your ring cause it looks so similar to mine, same kind of bold look, but mine is 5 stones. It does look really substantial and sturdy. I love it!!! It's gorgeous!!

LLJsmom - thank you! I was toying with the idea of resetting it, but then I decided maybe I just need a band to go with it. Do you wear a band with your ring? If so, what kind of band do you wear?

Hi Jill,

Currently I wear it with a skinny pave eternity band in between it and my think old platinum band. This old chunky band is my wedding band and it just doesn't feel right without it. I also took pics of it with a fatter diamond sapphire band and one with skinny pave bands on both sides. Hope this helps. I am a 4.5 size and the center I. Mine is 2.59 with two 30 points stones on each side. I also am very tempted all the time to reset into a cushion halo but I have to keep reminding myself that I have always loved this chunky and bolder look. Seeing your ring and thread is a great reminder.

image_785.jpg

image_786.jpg

image_787.jpg

I discovered stacking with this ring is fun!! Don't forget to show us all the fun options you are considering!!

Thank you for posting all these pictures! I like all your stack options, especially the pave bands. My problem is that I feel like I have short, fat fingers, so while I love the look of beautiful stacks, I can't pull it off. I really only have the finger real estate to wear one other band with my 3 stone. I have been trying to decide what kind of band would go best. I was trying on bands the other day, and I thought this one was beautiful. It's an Oscar Heyman piece, and too expensive for my budget, but I'm wondering if I can find something similiar through another online vendor? Here's a picture. It's a baguette/round eternity band. So gorgeous and a little different.

_11487.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
DC519|1383408065|3549073 said:
Just some random phone shots of my ring! :D

ring_91.jpg
ring6_8.jpg
ring9__546x640_.jpg

DC, I love love your set! Is that the Tiffany Soleste? What size is your center stone? I am going to be purchasing a similar one in the spring. Please start a SMTB thread with more pics!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My earrings and bracelets (left to right from the back row):

My mum's wedding clips
3 pairs of 6mm studs to wear with the earring jackets (white and black pearls, and white 9K gold balls) next to my near 1ct total weight studs (one loose on its own, the other in an earring jacket, graded G/H VS), jackets total weight 1ct G/H and I clarity
The diamond huggies, 14K WG, via an eBay online auction
The other earring jackets, 14K WG, custom-made by KGH Jewellery Ltd using one of their double strand pearl clasp (clasp pic to follow later), one with a 7mm black pearl, the other with a 8mm Freshadama white pearl
Charm bracelets, made by myself using 14K white gold chain, diamond charms and findings purchased from Bella Findings in LA
A multi-gem 10K white gold charm bracelet, another purchase via eBay

earrings_bracelets.jpg

DK :))

sumifly

Rough_Rock
our august wedding was beautiful, and my wedding set is ready to be shown! :) thanks for letting me share! sorry the ring slid a little in the photo... it always tends to settle itself on the side of my finger.

photo__22_3.jpg

sumifly

Rough_Rock
...and this is how i typically wear it... with my grandmother's wedding band in between my wedding band and engagement ring. it gives it a sentimental touch :)

photo__23_2.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bbziggy|1383399538|3549041 said:
I finally get to wear these earrings to my son's wedding tonight!! Made from an antique brooch and more old mine cut diamonds added on.

Stunning! I want! Are ear shots a possibility? Oh, and congratulations on getting to wear them and at such an auspicious occasion!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jill_s|1383426370|3549198 said:
LLJsmom|1383409699|3549084 said:

Hi Jill,

image_785.jpg

image_786.jpg

image_787.jpg

Thank you for posting all these pictures! I like all your stack options, especially the pave bands. My problem is that I feel like I have short, fat fingers, so while I love the look of beautiful stacks, I can't pull it off. I really only have the finger real estate to wear one other band with my 3 stone. I have been trying to decide what kind of band would go best. I was trying on bands the other day, and I thought this one was beautiful. It's an Oscar Heyman piece, and too expensive for my budget, but I'm wondering if I can find something similiar through another online vendor? Here's a picture. It's a baguette/round eternity band. So gorgeous and a little different.

Jill_S, I seriously love that look, the baguette and round eternity!! :appl: :appl: I love it with your round 3 stone. I love the long baguettes because it's different. It draws attention without taking away from the blingy 3 stone. I saw a round and baguette channel set eternity in 18K for $950 at a local gem and jewelry show in San Mateo, northern CA. If you can find a gem and jewelry show around your area, I bet you'd be able to find some good deals!

Actually, I still have their schedule for the rest of 2013.
Denver Nov 15-17
San Mateo 11/29-12/1
Pasadena, CA Dec 6-8
Chicago Dec 13-15
Chantilly, VA Dec 20-22

I am sure there are tons of different shows all around the country. Keep us updated as to what you get, or what else you're thinking about. Maybe you should start a new thread if you end up trying on a bunch!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The only good thing about jury duty was the lighting. Ba-ling!

_11530.jpg

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
I've never posted my fledgling collection before, so here goes.

Almost have one for every finger :). From left to right: Mahenge spinel, sapphire, mint tourmaline, grossular garnet. All are unheated, except for the sapphires.

And including my unset zircon:

Edited for spelling.

_11536.jpg

_11537.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jereni, beautiful! I love how vibrant they all are!

And a ring per finger sounds good to me - it's actually what prompted me to come post! I swapped all my rings to one hand for a sec while I was putting on another to stack, and liked the combo of the three, shapewise (plus my unusually-foppish-even-for-me lace and brocade sleeves) enough that I couldn't resist. I would have made an awesome Venetian nobleman, yo.

P.S. - No, it wasn't Halloween. I really do dress like that. A lot of the time.

dsc08154.jpg

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got busted by my office mate taking a profile pic of my ring this morning. Oops!

sam_0341.jpg

And here's one taken in the elevator where the lighting is divine for bling. (a video would be much better but how would I explain that?)

sam_0334.jpg

Anyone else would think I'm crazy, but I love the way my rings look in the lighting from my bath tub. It's hard to capture, but my new ring gives off a crazy kaleidoscope of colors when I'm sitting in the tub. I guess it's a combination of the vanity lighting and the big window. My FI just shrugs when he walks in and I'm sitting in the tub surrounded by my rings sitting on their fake fingers. :oops:

sam_0328.jpg

Circe, your collection is TDF!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Circe, the only thing wrong with your photo is that you should have been touching your fingers to your collarbone and showing off that amazing pearl & sapphire necklace together with the rings! :love:

iluvshinythings -- love your ring. And I wish I had your bathroom lighting! I would take about 5x more baths than showers 8)

Here's my frenchie band, stealing my attention away from lunch. Poor DH tried to complain that I took my cell phone out to shoot yet more pics, but I explained that the sushi place simply had *the best lighting* ;))

frrrrenchie_-_copy.jpg

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
athenaworth said:
And then there are my halo babies.
Ugh, I love them

Gimmie

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
Jereni, beautiful collection!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GemFever|1383594523|3550287 said:
Circe, the only thing wrong with your photo is that you should have been touching your fingers to your collarbone and showing off that amazing pearl & sapphire necklace together with the rings! :love:

iluvshinythings -- love your ring. And I wish I had your bathroom lighting! I would take about 5x more baths than showers 8)

Here's my frenchie band, stealing my attention away from lunch. Poor DH tried to complain that I took my cell phone out to shoot yet more pics, but I explained that the sushi place simply had *the best lighting* ;))

French cut diamonds and sushi. What a fabulous combination! That band is awesome!!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
iluvshinythings|1383591591|3550262 said:
I got busted by my office mate taking a profile pic of my ring this morning. Oops!

sam_0341.jpg

And here's one taken in the elevator where the lighting is divine for bling. (a video would be much better but how would I explain that?)

sam_0334.jpg

Anyone else would think I'm crazy, but I love the way my rings look in the lighting from my bath tub. It's hard to capture, but my new ring gives off a crazy kaleidoscope of colors when I'm sitting in the tub. I guess it's a combination of the vanity lighting and the big window. My FI just shrugs when he walks in and I'm sitting in the tub surrounded by my rings sitting on their fake fingers. :oops:

sam_0328.jpg

I can understand why you like the lighting in your bathroom, I love how you captured the effect in your last picture! You also had me laughing out loud at the thought of you sitting in your tub taking pics of all of your rings (so I'm not the only "crazy" one) :lol: !

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Roxy|1383715074|3551429 said:
I can understand why you like the lighting in your bathroom, I love how you captured the effect in your last picture! You also had me laughing out loud at the thought of you sitting in your tub taking pics of all of your rings (so I'm not the only "crazy" one) :lol: !

You guys are the only ones that "get" me!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
OMG - you got your Lily and didn't do a SMTB thread??? Disappointed!!!

You owe us more photos iluvshinythings!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness. The new additions to this thread are just amazing. I love each one! That sapphire three stone! The diamond three stone! Circe's foppish masterpiece! And AW's halos! Wow.

leyhuong

Shiny_Rock
Here is mine. I tried to capture fire & scintillation but I think I failed. They look so gorgeous in real life :appl:
Wedding ring, half eternity ring, engagement ring, studs img_20131106_124704_542.jpg img_20131106_085225_595.jpg img_20131106_193323_207.jpg img_20131106_192530_517.jpg

leyhuong

Shiny_Rock
iluvshinythings|1383591591|3550262 said:

My FI just shrugs when he walks in and I'm sitting in the tub surrounded by my rings sitting on their fake fingers. :oops:

Bhahahhaa, that is so funny and cute to know iluvshinythings! :loopy:

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Jereni|1383516637|3549704 said:
I've never posted my fledgling collection before, so here goes.

Almost have one for every finger :). From left to right: Mahenge spinel, sapphire, mint tourmaline, grossular garnet. All are unheated, except for the sapphires.

And including my unset zircon:

Edited for spelling.

Jereni - I love the wedding band you have on your ring finger with the sapphire three stone. Can I ask where you picked that up?

bsbprincess

Rough_Rock
lizzyann|1383429674|3549223 said:
DC, I love love your set! Is that the Tiffany Soleste? What size is your center stone? I am going to be purchasing a similar one in the spring. Please start a SMTB thread with more pics!!!

Seconded!! I love it!! Stunning! May I ask though if your band ever sits closer to your ring? If it is a Soleste, my only concern is the band being too far away all the time. I'm weird :razz: I don't mind a gap, just don't want a large one or my OCD will kick in :lol:

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
jill_s|1383793285|3551962 said:
Jereni - I love the wedding band you have on your ring finger with the sapphire three stone. Can I ask where you picked that up?

Thanks jill, that band is the Tiffany swing. I usually avoid Tiffany like the plague, since they are overpriced, but I hunted and hunted and no other vendor that I've seen, has produced this design this delicately. We went custom at first and the jeweler created a blocky, chunky imitation. So I gave up and went for the original :-/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results