carat
color
clarity

Setting suggestions for my Mahenge Spinel pear

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK guys. FINALLY I have a Mahenge that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE :appl:

My photo taking ability does no justice of how this beauty performs. It is the most magnificent combination of red, rasberry, hot pink mixture that I could possibly ask for considering the size and what I paid for it. I may have paid a bit much per what some may think but considering everything I looked at, I think I hit it right in the middle.

I can also say that Eric Saul of Swala Gem Traders was wonderful to work with. He even at one point suggested that I buy a smaller, less expensive stone being that we had never worked together. But I had my heart set on a certain set of criteria. I checked his site EVERY day, along with many others. While surfing one particular day I found the specs for this pear but it had no photo. I made contact with Eric about it specifically and he reported that the stone was out to a client for viewing ;( . My heart dropped. So I told him to let me know if the client rejected it. While back and forth e-mails by the boatload to him, the pear became available :o . I was torn between the trillion and the pear (heart set on a pear since finding Chrono's). I almost had Eric send both to me but then I hated to end up sending one back. My first choice was the pear.

Well the rest is history because it's now mine :cheeky:

I really think I want a halo, bright white melee would make this baby :sun: . Give me your thoughts please!

ref8757%20A[1].jpg

IMG_1099.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

IMG_1068.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And

IMG_1069.JPG

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1071.JPG

IMG_1072.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More

IMG_1075.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1089.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one for now

IMG_1092.JPG

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous! From your pics, it would be a knockout as a solitaire but I think it would also look good with pear sides too.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Kismet|1311260805|2973758 said:
It's gorgeous! From your pics, it would be a knockout as a solitaire but I think it would also look good with pear sides too.
I agree, I think two icy white pears would make the stone really pop and look crisp.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
I'd love to see it E-W, in a kind of halo-knot setting...? - as if the pear was lassooed by melee...? Can you imagine what I'm thinking of, coz I'm too rubbish to draw it...! I think E-W pears look supercool :twirl:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Don't shoot me for saying this, but I'm starting to think that it may look good in yellow gold. Just a thought. But definitely yellow gold with melee. Maybe in a split shank.

*scurries away from the yellow gold haters*

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it's stunning! I think it would look fantastic in a diamond halo, with yellow gold prongs.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Don't mean to threadjack, but where do you get those metal stone holder thingamadoos from?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Thanks natsplat! :bigsmile:

Aoife - LOVE that stunning setting!

Athenaworth - That first Leon you posted is gorgeous!!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
athenaworth|1311272615|2973909 said:
Aoife|1311271479|2973891 said:
This!!!

Me too. It takes a sort of severe point and interprets it without being TOO sinister. The pave work looks nice too. I don't usually like multi-band shanks, but the triple effect here is really good. I can definitely see your pear in this setting. Woohoo!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I like the 1st Leon and the SK setting equally. Beautiful stone, and thanks for the info about the ring-holder thingee. I am going to order one too!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the ideas so far.

What do you think about a halo with pear sides no halo?

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Bright Ice, I love pears and love to look for pretty settings....
I think it isn't the easiest shape to find a pretty setting for,
or one that is a bit unique, but I look through these threads sometimes.
I also have a little folder of inspiration pictures...
I love your pear, and your pictures are so beautiful !!!
Hope this helps....

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-pears.27270/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-pears.27270/[/URL]

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pears-fan-club.147386/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pears-fan-club.147386/[/URL]

Also: (Widget, I hope you don't mind :saint: ) This is REALLLY Unique !!!!
If that's the direction you are going....

498.JPG

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I can see why ppl like this one, and I have seen that Steven Kirsch
does fantastic work.
I like the band.
If I had the $$$ I would love to have him design me a ring.
But for me, the pave around the pear is too little.
I think it looks odd with the size of the pear... (don't flame me, bro)

cr-030-t-f2.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooo~Shiney!|1311333702|2974444 said:
Bright Ice, I love pears and love to look for pretty settings....
I think it isn't the easiest shape to find a pretty setting for,
or one that is a bit unique, but I look through these threads sometimes.
I also have a little folder of inspiration pictures...
I love your pear, and your pictures are so beautiful !!!
Hope this helps....

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-pears.27270/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-pears.27270/[/URL]

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pears-fan-club.147386/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pears-fan-club.147386/[/URL]

Also: (Widget, I hope you don't mind :saint: ) This is REALLLY Unique !!!!
If that's the direction you are going....

Thanks 000-Shiney for those links!
I see a couple that I have interest in.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone has such a pretty pavillion that I would love to be able to see it well. Thoughts, opinions?

These all have features I like.
#1. Halo too small, don't want 3 bands.

#2 Think I like the bezeled halo combination.

#3. I absolutely admire Chrono's.

#4. I like this one but kinda have my heart set on a halo.

SK.jpg

rondaspearhalo.jpg

Mahenge.jpg

Spinel halo.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ohhhhhhh Bright Ice, I vote for that 4th one (obviously). It's just so freaking perfect IMHO

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
#3 Alllll The Way..... Ahhhhhhhhhhh :love:

pixies

Shiny_Rock
This Single Stone setting is one of my favorite settings for a pear. I love the detailing on the shank, a little different from the norm.

VT11051.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pixies|1311386520|2975006 said:
This Single Stone setting is one of my favorite settings for a pear. I love the detailing on the shank, a little different from the norm.

OH MY, I really like this one. Thanks, pixies!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I have been incredibly happy with the custom work I have had done by Jewels by Erica Grace. They bend over backward to make sure the design is exactly as you'd like. They are timely. And the level of service is unequaled in my experience.

If it were me setting that beauty, one of my considerations would be the size of the stone. I would want an amazing showcase, but I would want it delicate and not something that would overwhelm the stone. Think stage lights that showcase a performer.

I love their Kylie (HW style) halo ring. It is the setting you see in my avatar. I can see this stone with a custom halo to fit your stone with a double band that is split to meet the stone near the front and the back. I personally don't like pave split prongs (where they join together on the side) because it requires larger melee where the two splits join. Instead I'd have the two band meet just side by side and go around the bottom of the finger in the same manner. That would also give you a larger area of metal under the band giving you more structural stability. The two bands could be straight or slightly curved to meet each other.

Can you visualize what I'm talking about? I wish I could photoshop well enough to give you a picture.

JbEGv1-r1&5.JPG

JbEGv1-r2,3,4.JPG

v1-r4.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
pixies|1311386520|2975006 said:
Oh my gawd, that's fabulous.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results