shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting Smaller Stones - Ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Omg Charmypoo, I got the same setting--- i was hoping to set a little pink spinel cushion in it :)
yours turned out very nice
1.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Well I have a little stone that is 4.7mm. It is a bright green tourmaline and I just don''t know what to do with it. It doesn''t seem like it would fit into any of the 5mm settings shown. Maybe if it were a mm or so larger it would, but it is .3mm less than 5mm. It was only $45 from Barry, but I love it because it is the most awesome green and stays that green pretty anywhere. I was thinking of using it in a pendant design (like those show by the new etsy find - Julia) as a stone with another stone. Now I would just need to figure out what other stone would work with it. Pink would go well I think!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I think a pendant would be great for a stone of that size. I have a 5mm green tsav from ACS and I set it into a ring. If I had it to do over again, I would do either a pendant or a ring with a halo. I hardly wear it because it looks small on me, although I do love the killer green color.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/7/2009 2:57:02 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
I think a pendant would be great for a stone of that size. I have a 5mm green tsav from ACS and I set it into a ring. If I had it to do over again, I would do either a pendant or a ring with a halo. I hardly wear it because it looks small on me, although I do love the killer green color.
Do you have a link to the photo of the 5mm green tsavorite? I''d like to see what it looks like!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Here is the tread with the ring set, and my small stones which I have yet to set. I think the short end is just over 5 mm. The ring size is about 5.75.

Tsav ring

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/7/2009 3:21:19 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Here is the tread with the ring set, and my small stones which I have yet to set. I think the short end is just over 5 mm. The ring size is about 5.75.

Tsav ring
Ah yes, and I now remember that thread because of those yummy candy colored gems. I agree it is very much on the dainty side for what we see on here sometimes. But it looks lovely! And being a tsav - it holds ts own!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results