shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting My Sapphire

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
I just sent my sapphire to Steven Kirsch for him to design a ring for me. I love my setting he designed for my diamond and I can't wait to see what he comes up with for me now. I was not sure it was worthy of one of his settings, so I sent it off to get a certificate to tell me more about it. It is from Sri Lanka and it has not been heated or treated in any way.

I sent Steven a message asking if he could help me again on another project and told him what I was wanting in style. He is working on a few sketches for me to look at .He received the sapphire today and I am hoping to have a very beautiful ring in a little while. I am attaching a picture of the" before "Steven and I will post an after, 20211015_171813.jpg when I get it. I have asked him for a romantic look with diamonds and bows with nothing visible from the top but the sapphire.

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, I love bows in jewelry! It sounds like it will be lovely.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Ok I found this thread after seeing the final ring - I am speechless that only one person commented on this thread before! Can you tell us more about the stone? Carat weight etc? What a beautiful gem.

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
Ok I found this thread after seeing the final ring - I am speechless that only one person commented on this thread before! Can you tell us more about the stone? Carat weight etc? What a beautiful gem.

I may have posted it in the wrong place initially here with the Sapphire in the old setting. It is 25 + carats . I decided to post in Show me the Bling today as it seems more people can chime in. Posting more pictures on the new thread today. Thank you for the nice compliments.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I may have posted it in the wrong place initially here with the Sapphire in the old setting. It is 25 + carats . I decided to post in Show me the Bling today as it seems more people can chime in. Posting more pictures on the new thread today. Thank you for the nice compliments.

You posted in the right place (Color gems) and there are so many color gemstone fans here that’s why I’m shocked! I missed it back in October as well! And yes I saw the amazing SMTB which prompted me to look back to see if you had a thread on the sapphire:)

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
Thank you. I guess I posted the new thread in the wrong place then. I am not sure if i need to move it now. Are we able to post colored gemstones in this thread? 20220226_151140.jpg Posting the GIA results for someone that has asked for more info.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Thank you. I guess I posted the new thread in the wrong place then. I am not sure if i need to move it now. Are we able to post colored gemstones in this thread? 20220226_151140.jpg Posting the GIA results for someone that has asked for more info.

No you are good! I didn’t mean to add confusion! Show me the bling for your final masterpiece was absolutely the right place. And the colored stones forum was good for this thread.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
It’s fantastic - and I have no idea how I missed this post. Just saw your completed ring. It’s fantastic and worthy of the stone! I’m curious about the old setting. Do you have more pics of what it used to wear?

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
It’s fantastic - and I have no idea how I missed this post. Just saw your completed ring. It’s fantastic and worthy of the stone! I’m curious about the old setting. Do you have more pics of what it used to wear?
It is a very simple yellow gold setting with flower , leaves and scrolls on each side . No marks at all on the ring but Jeweler said it tested gold. It is popped loose from the prongs here in these pictures. It was given to me in this setting by my Grandfather . My Grandmother died before I was born. I have no idea what age/style the setting is but I have been told the Sapphire is most likely older than the setting by some years. Lord only knows what it what set in at the beginning of its life.
20211012_104109 (1).jpg 20211014_095103.jpg

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
This is the new setting Steven Kirsch made for me. I absolutely love it. I also posted yesterday in the Show Me the Bling but mentioned in the beginning of this thread that I would post the after here, Steven does amazing work and I feel so honored to wear and own two of his pieces. Please pardon the dry hands.
20220226_132207.jpg 20220226_132229.jpg 20220226_135158.jpg

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring and sapphire are absolutely gorgeous :kiss2:. I loved hearing about its history. Congratulations on your wearable work of art!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
@Tinkybell - thank you so much for sharing the former setting. It, too, is beautiful, but the new setting is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations and wear it in good health :)

I love how this thread has such an unassuming title and then when you open it you get whacked in the face with a whopping 25ct unheated untreated sapphire in that gorgeous setting!!

Beautiful ring - you have a gorgeous collection!

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I am speechless. Your ring is stunningly gorgeous! Congratulations!

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
I love how this thread has such an unassuming title and then when you open it you get whacked in the face with a whopping 25ct unheated untreated sapphire in that gorgeous setting!!

Beautiful ring - you have a gorgeous collection!

Thank you! I guess I should have posted a fluffier title . =)2

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a magnificent sapphire, I love that it has been in your family and has a special connection to your grandparents. This is truly a treasure - thank you so much for sharing your story and photos!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good thing I was sitting down, my legs went all wobbly!
Wow, what a stunning sapphire and what a stunning setting.
Such a beauty is so deserving of an incredible setting and Steve certainly stepped up on that count.
I love how looking down all you see is blue and then side on, wow.
That ring I hope will get many many outings and garner many awkward stares and gasps
Is it real?
No, it’s unreal.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
What a wowzer! I’ve been on PS a long time but this made my jaw fall to the ground and I haven’t picked it up just yet. Beautiful, beautiful sapphire, with such a wonderful cut and unheated to boot! What an inheritance. I like the old setting very much but the new setting is even more gorgeous and very befitting of it.

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
I finally received Steven's photo's and details on my ring. There are 200 diamonds, total carats at 2.51 and an unheated Ceylon sapphire, 25 carats, set in platinum .He did such a beautiful job for me. c2.jpg c1.jpg I am still smitten with this ring!

zenzii

Rough_Rock
Absolutely stunning piece of work. Love the work on the gallery, beautiful work of art. Probably not for someone like me who’d faint at the thought of wearing such a large sapphire LOL! But it sure is regal looking.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my holy wow! It's breathtaking! :kiss2:

It reinforces the fact that I have crap relatives. :lol-2:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’m glad this thread got bumped so that I could look at it again. Why this masterpiece never got JOTW I will never understand. I hope you are still very much enjoying it OP!

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results