shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting My Sapphire

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
I’m glad this thread got bumped so that I could look at it again. Why this masterpiece never got JOTW I will never understand. I hope you are still very much enjoying it OP!

Yes ,thank you! I am enjoying it very much. Steven is such an amazing artist. As far as JOTW, maybe the admin. folks don't care for it. I think they are the ones that vote for that. That's ok. I love it and it along with my Diamond setting Steven did for me, they are my Jewels of a lifetime!

Thank you so much! I am a bow lover and a huge fan of them in jewelry. Steven nailed the big, beautiful bow details for me.

And for an XL gem, I'm surprised how well cut it is. No windowing or extinction whatsoever! What is the history behind this rare sapphire/the original ring, if you don't mind relating it? She must have an interesting story. :geek2:

It is a very simple yellow gold setting with flower , leaves and scrolls on each side . No marks at all on the ring but Jeweler said it tested gold. It is popped loose from the prongs here in these pictures. It was given to me in this setting by my Grandfather . My Grandmother died before I was born. I have no idea what age/style the setting is but I have been told the Sapphire is most likely older than the setting by some years. Lord only knows what it what set in at the beginning of its life.
20211012_104109 (1).jpg 20211014_095103.jpg

Just saw this... interesting (and heartwarming) story for sure! This makes it all the more special.

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
And for an XL gem, I'm surprised how well cut it is. No windowing or extinction whatsoever! What is the history behind this rare sapphire/the original ring, if you don't mind relating it? She must have an interesting story. :geek2:

It was my Grand Mother's. She died before I was born but my Grand Father gave it to me along with other beautiful antique pieces. I don't know much history other than she had it in her family for a very long time. Her family came from Germany and France. The old setting is handmade according to the jeweler but they felt the sapphire is older than the old setting. I don't know if it was set in something before that. As far as the old ring, I will keep it. It is simple but I do like it. As far as the cut, it is deep. I am glad I was encouraged to send it out to get certified before resetting her because it is more valuable than I could have imagined. Steven set it as low as possible but because it is deep, she sits up a drop on my hand.

It was my Grand Mother's. She died before I was born but my Grand Father gave it to me along with other beautiful antique pieces. I don't know much history other than she had it in her family for a very long time. Her family came from Germany and France. The old setting is handmade according to the jeweler but they felt the sapphire is older than the old setting. I don't know if it was set in something before that. As far as the old ring, I will keep it. It is simple but I do like it. As far as the cut, it is deep. I am glad I was encouraged to send it out to get certified before resetting her because it is more valuable than I could have imagined. Steven set it as low as possible but because it is deep, she sits up a drop on my hand.

What a long and storied life this stone has had! I think it's the added pavilion depth which gives the faceting through the table such a perfectly mirrored look. The sparkle in person must be incredible? I think I recall commenting on this ring in the SMTB forum back when you first shared it. This is such a special piece, in all respects. Because it's so large, and most of the bling is on the shoulders, I love how Steven added diamonds to the prongs as well.

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
What a long and storied life this stone has had! I think it's the added pavilion depth which gives the faceting through the table such a perfectly mirrored look. The sparkle in person must be incredible? I think I recall commenting on this ring in the SMTB forum back when you first shared it. This is such a special piece, in all respects. Because it's so large, and most of the bling is on the shoulders, I love how Steven added diamonds to the prongs as well.

Thank you. It is sparkly and I love the diamonds on the prongs. That was a beautiful surprise. I love every little detail and I adore my Steven pieces.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

And @Autumn in New England - no heat or treatment! Just amazing. Cert on this thread.

And @Autumn in New England - no heat or treatment! Just amazing. Cert on this thread.

Right?! I would have at least expected it to be heated! I bet museums that display private collections would be interested in this piece.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing!!! The most spectacular ring I've seen on PS!!!

I can't get over how well cut that sapphire is!!! Normally you might get a large gem but you can usually drive a truck through the window that comes with it.

Yours is just...... amazing (sorry I have no words!!!)

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
Amazing!!! The most spectacular ring I've seen on PS!!!

I can't get over how well cut that sapphire is!!! Normally you might get a large gem but you can usually drive a truck through the window that comes with it.

Yours is just...... amazing (sorry I have no words!!!)

Thank you. I appreciate all the kind words from everyone. I have always been a diamond lover and not so much a colored stone lover. I do however love this sapphire in its new setting. Steven really blew me away with bringing my vision to
life and with added details I had not thought of.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results