shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting ideas for this baguette chrysoberyl?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Despite loving the asymmetrical design, I tried imagining it in the form and size of the gems and decided maybe play it safe this time after all:) So I kind of went back to the very first design, with a little addition on the arm. Yay or nay?:confused2:
66955414-92D7-4928-8D53-1414969094AA.png

I, personally, like it better this way, with both sides the same. My concern with varying the teeny-tiny design elements like those side stones is that I think they can easily just look messy or confused or something from normal viewing distance.

Timor

Shiny_Rock
I, personally, like it better this way, with both sides the same. My concern with varying the teeny-tiny design elements like those side stones is that I think they can easily just look messy or confused or something from normal viewing distance.

I agree with your point, I loved the asymmetrical design on paper but I wasn't sure how it'd look on my finger. Still chewing my thumb on whether I should open the sides a little, but feared that if I do dust would get in and the window would be too small for me to properly clean.

Timor

Shiny_Rock
trying to find a color for the side stones. I think I would have liked to compare more tones and colors but the bench said they don’t have moar:( Inputs appreciated:)
D960FEC1-22BA-457B-B20E-3D913B5CE1E6.jpeg 0FF532AE-8073-445E-ADFC-A0BCFD87021A.png

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it. They seem to have a similar saturation so they balance nicely.

Timor

Shiny_Rock
An update:
So midway through the making of the ring the bench informed me that they couldn't get the small sapphire on the side on given the depth of it, or else it would be a very thin and flat colorless slice (makes a lot of sense but you would think as professionals they should have pointed out the problem during the design process!). I considered changing the degree of the side slope to accomodate, but they did have a point about the stone being mostly hidden from direct light, so in the end I decided to change it to non-transparent sugilite instead.
That's delaying things for a little bit but they assured me it's overall a quick fix. Really looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results