shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting Help Please! New and confused!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

plummagic

Rough_Rock
Hi all.

The lovely ladies in another forum mentioned that you would be the best folks to ask about a setting I saw once and can now, of course, cannot find anywhere or explain clearly enough to come up with the right results. I''m hoping you all might be able to help.

The ring''s band itself was rose gold and had either a white gold or platinum kind of illusion setting I guess it is called. It sort of looked like a blossoming flower around the diamond. I haven''t been able to find anything quite like it and now that the time has come near, I''m obsessing over this one ring that I can''t even find!
39.gif

Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Do you mean a rosebud setting? Like the one in this thread?
Link

Scroll down to see the profile.

plummagic

Rough_Rock
The term rosebud sounds like a great description of what I saw! Unfortunately, what I saw didn''t look like the ring in the post you provided (although it is gorgeous also!).

The ring I saw had a plain band and the setting was more of an enclosure that warped around the outside of the diamond- I remember thinking it looked like a peony?

Thanks anyhow though- my search will continue.

lillinh

Rough_Rock
The next closest "floral" term for a setting that I can think of is Tulip.
Something like this?

Tulip Setting.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 11:48:50 PM
Author: plummagic
The term rosebud sounds like a great description of what I saw! Unfortunately, what I saw didn''t look like the ring in the post you provided (although it is gorgeous also!).

The ring I saw had a plain band and the setting was more of an enclosure that warped around the outside of the diamond- I remember thinking it looked like a peony?

Thanks anyhow though- my search will continue.
From that it makes me think it has sort of '' petalled'' edges?

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi plummagic :)

these are niwaka rings, shown in platinum, but if this is the sort of thing you were after, i''m guessing it could be done in yellow gold..

niwakaaa.jpg

plummagic

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much lillinh, Stone-cold11 and Lorelei. The tulip setting is a little too high for me I think and the Corazon ring is gorgeous from the top- but I don''t love the side view.

But...

whitby_2773, the Camellia ring is the closest I''ve ever seen!! Thanks so much! I would love to see that ring with a band in rose gold- it may just be perfect!
30.gif

By any chance does the setting of the Camellia ring have any particular name? I wish Niwaka had a side view of the ring.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would love to see the profile on that Camelia setting!

You know, it kind of reminds me of the Bella Flora settings from McTeigue & McClelland..let me see if I can put a picture on here..

Bella Flora2.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
and another view

McTeigue & McClelland Bella Flora ring.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi again plummagic :)

i think the name of the ring IS ''camellia''. the one next to it is ''floret'' as i recall. i heard that niwaka is shutting down one of their offices - maybe in NY? i''m assuming they''re still on the west coast tho. (i could have this back to front tho). i think it might be worth a call - they should be able to give you the info you need immediately, i suspect. it''s still on the niwaka website, tho, so it''s still a current design. i LOVE rose gold too, so i''m with you on this!

and packrat - what a gorgeous setting! love it!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 11:26:49 AM
Author: packrat

You know, it kind of reminds me of the Bella Flora settings from McTeigue & McClelland..let me see if I can put a picture on here..

I love this one and the combination of withe and yellow gold.

plummagic

Rough_Rock
whitby_2773- thanks for the help. According their website they are closing their NY store and are not shipping internationally at the moment.

Packrat- that ring is gorgeous also! Thanks for sharing.

I did manage to find something very similar when I called around yesterday and had a local jeweler send me an image. This is really closet to what I had in mind (although she didn''t send a profile image yet). Although I still ahve no idea what this setting could be called- she said it was very popular in Russia and Europe? Any insight?

plummagic

Rough_Rock
Opps- forgot the image :)

pm001.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi again plummagic :)

i used to live in england and travelled europe quite a bit. there''s definitely cultural differences in rings depending on where you are. i''ve seen similar types of setting before, but dont know if they have a set name. i love the metal combo in that ring tho - it''s gorgeous. what size stone are you planning to put in it? it would be lovely if you were able to manage a beautiful quality stone as well as this beautiful setting.

any thoughts on a wedding ring? i wonder if you might be looking at a custom made setting with that engagement ring - i''m guessing it will be hard to find something pre-fab that would work well with it, tho it all comes down to taste.

anyway - love it! keep us up to date pls!

plummagic

Rough_Rock
hi again whitby.

thanks again for the insight- i''m going to have to ask the jeweler about the setting style name, if there is one.

sorry for the delay. i was out of town this weekend but did receive a message from the jeweler, who wanted to apologize for the poor quality image and tell me some of the ring specifics. i think the message said the diamond in the ring already was .55 ct but that it could be changed? it''s also a very pale rose gold! i''m planning to stop in a see it in person some time this week. i''ve tried on some solitaires already and had planned in staying in the 1/2 - 3/4 ct. range as I have pretty tiny hands and am an artist so anything larger looks overwhelming on me, not to mention slightly out of place.

i hadn''t even begun to think about a wedding ring/band yet. but something very thin and simple would suite me best i think. one step at a time :)

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi plum :) i hope you had a nice weekend.

i think that size is lovely, and the setting gives it plenty of ''finger presence''. unless the stone already in the ring was fabulous in all ways, i''d probably swap it out, then throw yourself into the hands of the experts on this site and pick out something that will give you as much sparkle as possible. perhaps something in the middle range of what you said you''d like (.5 - .7) - so, maybe, .6? altho, if the head only comes in the one set size, you''ll be limited to the same approximate size as what''s already in it.

but it WOULD be nice to have a stone with ideal stats and dimensions and top shelf quality, and the folks on this site could find something wonderful for you, i''m sure.

do keep in touch - i really like the way this is shaping up for you!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 11:26:49 AM
Author: packrat

Oh my goodness, this is such a gorgeous design! I adore it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results