shape
carat
color
clarity

Serious and quick help needed on WF ACA pick

dmpus

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I have been lurking here for a bit, but now am in need of serious and quick review of a WF ACA stone I am considering (...may have already scheduled the payment). I am in need of the PS team's blessings on this diamond so I can sleep better at night (or for the next 4 weeks it will take for the ring to come in!). My to be fiance is not the one to fret the complexities of the diamond specifics, bc she is so so sweet, but there has to be someone who is squarely type-A who frets 10ths of an angle on the pavilion...right?! LOL! Hence, the plea! I have gone to the big T&C and Cart and have been swayed by the beautiful rings, but the value proposition is just not there. I want to give her the best quality stone at the best value, hence the WF ACA. My number 1 criteria is that the stone is cut optimally, followed by color, then clarity.

Thanks to the amazing PS threads, I have done quite a bit of research, and have landed on this stone (which will be set in the Vatche U-113). Please give me your unfiltered thoughts based on the below and attached. HCA is 1.2. The minor feather inclusions are at the perimeter of the stone. Go? No go?

DIAMOND INFORMATION
CategoryA CUT ABOVE®
ShapeRound
Carat1.573
ColorH
ClarityVVS2
Measurements7.44x7.47x4.58 mm

DIAMOND PERFORMANCE
CutIdeal
Light PerformanceIdeal
PolishIdeal
SymmetryIdeal
FluorescenceNegligible
Eye-CleanYes
CuletPointed

DIAMOND SPECIFICATIONS
Depth %61.4
Table %56.5
Crown Angle34.6
Star %51.0
Pavilion Angle40.8
Crown %15.0
Lower Girdle %76.0

hearts-and-arrows-round-diamond-ags-104107772023-hearts-170185.jpg hearts-and-arrows-round-diamond-ags-104107772023-idealscope-170186.jpg hearts-and-arrows-round-diamond-ags-104107772023-aset-170183.jpg 1.573ct H VVS2_1.jpg

Last edited:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a great stone!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stone looks great. Only thing I would mention is I would drop the clarity and get a bigger carat, or pay less for a similar size. VVS2 is not necessary for eye clean

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stone looks great. Only thing I would mention is I would drop the clarity and get a bigger carat, or pay less for a similar size. VVS2 is not necessary for eye clean
Words out of my mouth.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree about the ability to drop clarity, but if there is a cultural reason for it, then by all means ... I would not kick this diamond out of bed! It’ll knock her socks off! Excellent choice, congrats! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone looks beautiful -I think you will both be very happy with it!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone is beautiful! No worries...definitely a GO!

Titan7

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Great choice, as others have said VVS is overkill unless that’s important to you, I would drop to VS1, VS2 and go bigger or higher color.

dmpus

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the feedback! Regarding other stones in the VS range available now, those are incrementally higher in price than this one due to the higher weight. Approx $2-3k higher, in fact.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

I have been lurking here for a bit, but now am in need of serious and quick review of a WF ACA stone I am considering (...may have already scheduled the payment). I am in need of the PS team's blessings on this diamond so I can sleep better at night (or for the next 4 weeks it will take for the ring to come in!). My to be fiance is not the one to fret the complexities of the diamond specifics, bc she is so so sweet, but there has to be someone who is squarely type-A who frets 10ths of an angle on the pavilion...right?! LOL! Hence, the plea! I have gone to the big T&C and Cart and have been swayed by the beautiful rings, but the value proposition is just not there. I want to give her the best quality stone at the best value, hence the WF ACA. My number 1 criteria is that the stone is cut optimally, followed by color, then clarity.

Thanks to the amazing PS threads, I have done quite a bit of research, and have landed on this stone (which will be set in the Vatche U-113). Please give me your unfiltered thoughts based on the below and attached. HCA is 1.2. The minor feather inclusions are at the perimeter of the stone. Go? No go?

DIAMOND INFORMATION
CategoryA CUT ABOVE®
ShapeRound
Carat1.573
ColorH
ClarityVVS2
Measurements7.44x7.47x4.58 mm

DIAMOND PERFORMANCE
CutIdeal
Light PerformanceIdeal
PolishIdeal
SymmetryIdeal
FluorescenceNegligible
Eye-CleanYes
CuletPointed

DIAMOND SPECIFICATIONS
Depth %61.4
Table %56.5
Crown Angle34.6
Star %51.0
Pavilion Angle40.8
Crown %15.0
Lower Girdle %76.0

hearts-and-arrows-round-diamond-ags-104107772023-hearts-170185.jpg hearts-and-arrows-round-diamond-ags-104107772023-idealscope-170186.jpg hearts-and-arrows-round-diamond-ags-104107772023-aset-170183.jpg 1.573ct H VVS2_1.jpg
Beautiful stone!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You must have grabbed that stone the minute it was posted because I had been looking in that range! VVS isn't always priced too much higher. I bought one recently that was priced lower than a comparable VS stone. There were none in the 1.5-1.69 range when I was looking, so you were fortunate to get that one! It's a great stone!

dmpus

Rough_Rock
You must have grabbed that stone the minute it was posted because I had been looking in that range! VVS isn't always priced too much higher. I bought one recently that was priced lower than a comparable VS stone. There were none in the 1.5-1.69 range when I was looking, so you were fortunate to get that one! It's a great stone!
You are absolutely right! WF told me it was just put up a few days ago when I called inquiring about it. They were nice enough to put it on hold while I thought about it. Thank you for your kind words! Happy hunting to you!

Titan7

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, great specs

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful stone and great size! I think your soon to be fiancée will be ecstatic.

dmpus

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I did end up doing some additional research following your feedback regarding the VS range.

I did find the two CBI stones below comparable to the WF ACA above. The rest were larger and thus, incrementally more expensive.

https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD10574
https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD10717

EDIT: I realized I didn't add the link to the WF ACA above. Here it is:
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4166417.htm

Both are H VS1 with very similar ct weights (.05 ct difference + and -; and only .1mm larger for the 1.63). The interesting thing is that these stones are approx $1400 and $2200 more expensive than the original WF ACA that is H VVS2. Am I missing something here? To my understanding, CBI and ACA are **generally** comparable as super ideals, and any differences between stones are left to individual preference of exact dimensions and angles. Right?

Regarding the WF ACA, the CA, PA, table, and depth are in the middle of the super ideal ranges, so I feel pretty comfortable being in the center to ensure fire, scintillation, and as some of you call it, a sparkle bomb!

I want to ensure there isn't something glaring that I am missing.

Last edited:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m jealous! The ACA is a beauty!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

I did end up doing some additional research following your feedback regarding the VS range.

I did find the two CBI stones below comparable in nature. The rest were larger and thus, incrementally more expensive.

https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD10574
https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD10717

Both are H VS1 in the very similar ct weights (.05 ct difference + and -; and only .1mm larger for the 1.63). The interesting thing is that these stones are approx $1400 and $2200 more expensive than the original WF ACA that is H VVS2. Am I missing something here? To my understanding, CBI and ACA are **generally** comparable as super ideals, and any differences between stones are left to individual preference of exact dimensions and angles. Right?

Regarding the WF ACA, the CA, PA, table, and depth are in the middle range, so I feel pretty comfortable being in the center of the ranges to ensure fire, scintillation, and brightness.

I want to ensure there isn't something glaring that I am missing.

Lovely stone you've originally posted. I agree about VVS2 being something you could drop on but also it's very clear that there's nothing available in a similar price bracket currently, so I think you've made a great choice. Likely you wouldn't gain toooo much in size currently unless you dropped other characteristics as well. H is a nice colour choice so great job.

CBI in general is more expensive than ACA for the same clarity, colour and size. In part that's because CBI cut their stones in house. Their cutting is precision cutting to the extreme. Having said that there are a lot of threads comparing the two brands, and really at this level it's splitting hairs and saving a couple of grand is an extreme advantage of ACA.

I own a CBI but I would have been delighted with an ACA too. Congratulations in advance and looking forward to pictures!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results