shape
carat
color
clarity

Selection down to 2 stones, which is best and why?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
scubaduderon|1469051812|4057703 said:

I would probably have WF evaluate the two and let them you which one they like better (and why). Those stones are really
just to close for me to make a call. I could say go for the one on the left because it's cheaper...but it's not that much cheaper.
The one on the left also looks cleaner from the bottom (but how much does that matter?)

I think you need to ask WF and see which one they like better. They will be honest with you.

Both really nice stones!

scubaduderon

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1469053813|4057712 said:

I would probably have WF evaluate the two and let them you which one they like better (and why). Those stones are really
just to close for me to make a call. I could say go for the one on the left because it's cheaper...but it's not that much cheaper.
The one on the left also looks cleaner from the bottom (but how much does that matter?)

I think you need to ask WF and see which one they like better. They will be honest with you.

Both really nice stones!

OK, ask Whiteflash. Got it and thank you. I was leaining to the on on the left too, but it seems it has some grittyness within. It's dimensions are almost perfect though. It seems flashier in the video too, but that might not be real.

Thanks again,
Ron

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also ask them which is a whiter I. There are differences within each color grade so you could have a high I that's closer to an H or a low I that's closer to a J. That would also sway my decision!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1469053813|4057712 said:

Both really nice stones!

The table looks a little cleaner on the left, too. With that, the slightly fatter arrows and it being cheaper, it'd be my choice (if the shades of "I" are the same).

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Without having real life input, I'd choose the one on the left (0.84 carat). Unless one is more warm than the other, I doubt you'd be able to tell much difference ::) .

Did you choose a setting?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There can definitely be high and low I color, so I would ask them if one is whiter than the other since that will be the most visible feature since the cut is great on both. If the color is the same, then I'd ask which is the cleanest. They are so close, they'd make a perfect match for earrings! So narrowing it by color and clarity would be my way of choosing (and I have done this several times when upgrading my WF diamond stud earrings!).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results