shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking advice on the diamond / setting

teanau

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am planning to get this diamond, but not sure is it worth or not?

it is a 1.03 Carat round
Color F
VS2
EX/EX/EX
None

58% table
60.8% Depth
34.5 crown angle
40.6 Pavilion angle

HCA gave a 0.8 (3 EX, 1 VG, within TIC) but not sure if it worths US$7,700??

So may I have you advice ?

_3972.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it has decent numbers. The color is very high. Do you need an F?
To be honest that price seems to be about the going rate for those specs.
Do you have an idealscope or aset image you can post? Have you seen pictures of
the stone or, have you seen the stone?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's worth what they are asking. The numbers are good, and the color and clarity combo is good too.

I would prefer an idealscope image, but from the information you have, it looks like a solid stone.

teanau

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1464989246|4039897 said:
Well, it has decent numbers. The color is very high. Do you need an F?
To be honest that price seems to be about the going rate for those specs.
Do you have an idealscope or aset image you can post? Have you seen pictures of
the stone or, have you seen the stone?

Gypsy|1465012985|4040002 said:
I think it's worth what they are asking. The numbers are good, and the color and clarity combo is good too.

I would prefer an idealscope image, but from the information you have, it looks like a solid stone.

Many thanks for you guys' replies, i found this diamond on BlueNile, and don't have a idealscope or set image, and to be honest that is one of the point i concern...

Also I concern about the clarity.. even this is a VS2 and should be eye clean.. but so many marks / flaws on it...
I am asking BlueNile to send me the visual information, and will post on here, and ask for you guys' comment.

Thanks all of u!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blue Nile will get you a picture of the stone.

So at least you can see the inclusions on the stone in a nice big picture.

Start there.

You can also call IDJ and ask them if they can get that stone for you, beat or match the blue nile price and get you an idealscope. That's what I'd do.

If they can't do it on that stone, ask Yekutiel to find you the best stone he can with G or better color Vs2 and eyeclean and PS quality with 33.5 crown and 62.3 depth and good HCA score.

teanau

Rough_Rock
Hi guys, just got reply from Blue Nile:

Typically we do not have these type of photos available besides our Signature Diamonds. However, I was able to locate these great photos from the specific vault on file. You will be happy to see that the photos detail the Hearts and Arrow pattern, Ideal Scope, Aset image, and still photos. The photos are attached to this email for you to view, very surprising to get access to these!

I don't feel good for that.. can anyone advise and command on it?? what is going on the "Hearts" pic?? why yellow and blue.....?????

_1201.png

_1202.png

_1203.png

teanau

Rough_Rock
reupload the "Heart & Arrow"

_1204.png

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
teanau said:
Hi guys, just got reply from Blue Nile:

Typically we do not have these type of photos available besides our Signature Diamonds. However, I was able to locate these great photos from the specific vault on file. You will be happy to see that the photos detail the Hearts and Arrow pattern, Ideal Scope, Aset image, and still photos. The photos are attached to this email for you to view, very surprising to get access to these!

I don't feel good for that.. can anyone advise and command on it?? what is going on the "Hearts" pic?? why yellow and blue.....?????
Nothing to worry on the yellow and blue. The crown angle over that area of the stone is below 34 degrees. As you know 34.5 is an averaged + rounded figure.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
It's the same area where you see the blue-ish in the arrow image.

teanau

Rough_Rock
Is that "Asymmetrical hearts, uneven intervals"?? :read:
will it affect diamond performance? :confused:

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
I'm from trade and hence can't comment on stones specifically.

But a stone is not a true hearts and arrows if hearts have clefts, have uneven Vs, Have pointy lobes, have coloured arrows, have coloured hearts etc etc.

Although these problems are unlikely to cause any significant performance issues.

Other members will hopefully contribute to the commentary on the stone specifically.

teanau

Rough_Rock
gr8leo87|1465130719|4040423 said:

But a stone is not a true hearts and arrows if hearts have clefts, have uneven Vs, Have pointy lobes, have coloured arrows, have coloured hearts etc etc.

Although these problems are unlikely to cause any significant performance issues.

Other members will hopefully contribute to the commentary on the stone specifically.

Still many thanks for your reply, u says these problems are unlikely to cause any significant performance issues.
So, can you tell from the data above, and comment if it is an ideal diamond?

Coz this diamond is for my engagement ring to my girlfriend
and hope can find the most ideal diamond for her..

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
teanau said:
gr8leo87|1465130719|4040423 said:

Still many thanks for your reply, u says these problems are unlikely to cause any significant performance issues.
So, can you tell from the data above, and comment if it is an ideal diamond?

Coz this diamond is for my engagement ring to my girlfriend
and hope can find the most ideal diamond for her..
Ideal is one of the most abused terms at the moment. It's almost like a gimmick. Everyone is calling everything ideal. It's super rubbish.

Unfortunately i can't comment on stones specifically - pretty sure a learned helpful member would come in to help you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results