shape
carat
color
clarity

Second round of CADs are here

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I honestly can't tell the difference between 14k and 18k in any gold color, so I always go for the cheaper option of 14k. Nice to know it's also more durable.

Anyway, the last round of CADs look great. I can't really notice the difference between 2.2 and 2.4mm, but I like the taper. Can't wait to see the final product!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
OK, so it's 3am here, and I am half asleep on my Transformer, but I just had A Feeling that my ring was ready...

and...

IT IS!! :twirl:

But please help my sleep-sozzled brain, and I will get your comments in the morning: can I see solder bumps round near the bezels on the side stones? Or is it just shadows on polish? Other than that keen Pricescoper thingy, I am so so thrilled with the proportions and colours etc. I am a bit teary tbh; I am so close!! I must be close; I am using double exclamation marks!! ;-) Please help me make this double-perfect by assuaging my fears.

(If you want fully-zoomed close-ups, it's in DanielM's store http://www.etsy.com/listing/79080492/reserved-for-vintagedeviant?ref=pr_shop - that's not my actual Etsy name btw :lol: )

Engagement natsplat 1.jpg

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I must get to bed: if I can sleep, that is...! :errrr:

Engagement natsplat 2.jpg

Engagement natsplat 3.jpg

Engagement natsplat 4.jpg

Engagement natsplat 5.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incredibly interesting ring! How one can have so much fantasy is beyond my comprehension. Congratulations!

Natsplat - I have just three questions. a) What is the stone? It is beautiful.
b) why do you sleep on Transformers? It is not very comfortable... Unless I do not understand something.
c) who chose your nom de plume?

deorwine

Shiny_Rock
Wow wow wow! That looks spectacular. (I would vote for an uneven polish reflection, myself, rather than a solder bump -- do they even need to solder a wax CAD? -- but I am not an expert.)

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
crasru|1312426890|2983732 said:
Incredibly interesting ring! How one can have so much fantasy is beyond my comprehension. Congratulations!

Natsplat - I have just three questions. a) What is the stone? It is beautiful.
b) why do you sleep on Transformers? It is not very comfortable... Unless I do not understand something.
c) who chose your nom de plume?

Ha! :lol:

Thanks crasu. It really grew in my mind, and it looks exactly how I wanted it to :)
To answer your questions:
1) it's a Namibian tourmaline
2) it was badly-phrased, but my ASUS Transformer tablet is by my bedside, and i reached for it as soon as I had The Feeling :D
3) it is not my etsy name, i promise!! :lol:

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
deorwine|1312428807|2983751 said:
Wow wow wow! That looks spectacular. (I would vote for an uneven polish reflection, myself, rather than a solder bump -- do they even need to solder a wax CAD? -- but I am not an expert.)

Thanks deorwine :D I was - and still am! - so nervous about getting everything absolutely perfect, so it reassures me to hear that you think it is shadow too. And thank you for your kind words. It is my dream engagement ring. I'm getting teary again :twirl:

T

talamasca

OMG it soooo pretty, the stone, the vines, the rose gold colour :love: And the way it sits on the finger.......WOW! No wonder you're teary-eyed!!!

I'm not sure about the 3 little areas around and just up from the bezel, may be ask Dan and see what he says it is.

One little thing, it may just be me, but in the 1st pic are the left top claws even as one looks slightly thicker/longer than the other, though it could be the angle of the pic?

Eeek, I bet you're so excited to nearly have it on your finger - can't wait to see your pics :D

ETA: I love the way the vines hug the stone :appl:

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Tala :mrgreen: I really appreciate all your kind and supportive thoughts.

I think I might well ask Dan about the "marks", although I'm more certain now that it's shadows on polish/cast from the bezel. If I phrase it properly, so they know I'm not just being a picky nightmare :errrr: I'm sure my worries will be appeased. Big thing is, of course, is that if I don't ask and I have to send it back, it's a trip to and fro from UK-US-UK again, and my postal nerves couldn't handle that ;-)

I'm sure the prongs are fine: I think that's the angle. But I really appreciate having as many eagle eyes on the pictures as possible. I could not have made this ring without Pricescope! For example, I think the taper really completes the design, and I have LD to thank for that :love:

ETA: I should also say my partner hasn't actually proposed yet, so it may be a little while before finger pics...! :shock: :naughty:

T

talamasca

natsplat|1312447499|2983882 said:
If I phrase it properly, so they know I'm not just being a picky nightmare :errrr: quote]

Picky nightmare! Nope that's me with my jeweller :lol:

I'm sure he won't mind you asking and after looking again, the mark I thought I saw just up from the bezel on the prong is probably a camera reflection. That's the prob with pics!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
:lol: :lol: :lol:
There IS a problem with pictures !!!!
IF you can take good close-ups, you can see EVERYTHING !!!!
I have a funny story, maybe not for this thread, but anyway
I took some great pictures of a ring I have that I ADORE !!!!!
WOW
I saw a lot !!!!!
With my own human eyes, I see none of the nit picky stuff
(ESPECIALLY the diff in prong size / shape ~ hey, they are TINY!!!)
and I see only
a beautiful ring !!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your ring, and I promise, it is gorgeous !!!!! :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My gut feel is that it is a reflection of something in the environment when the picture was taken. As suggested, always ask the vendor before the ring is shipped to you.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring looks :love: :love: SPECTACULAR :love: :love: !!!!! The rose gold highlights your Beautiful tourmaline WELL!!!Nicely Done. WOW... Your stone is GORGEOUS!!!!

p.s.-My suggestion is to email Caren your concern via the photos and she can confirm if what you are worried about is the reflection in photo or actual ring

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love light green stones in rose gold!! :appl:

Beautiful ring, and very well made!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that the ring is absolutely gorgeous!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Oh Natsplat, it's just gorgeous!! I love the modern flow of the design, yet it maintains a very classic look (due the milgrain).

The rose gold goes really well with the green stone.

Daniel M. will also be making the setting for Peachy, and I'm so excited especially after seeing your ring.

Congrats, and I can't wait to see your own pics! :appl:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely ask about anything that is bothering you, but it looks to me as though you are going to have a gorgeous ring heading your way very soon!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay please excuse my foggy brain today but ............. you know the solder beads you're seeing on the bezels? Are you sure that's not very delicate milgraining to match the wider bits on the shank????? OR am I being stupid and just not seeing the obvious?

BTW I love it. It's very pretty!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I saw it earlier on etsy and was positively ecstatic for you! It came out even better than I could have imagined...I'm sure in real life it's going to make your brain explode. Such pretty minty pinky goodness! :bigsmile:

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Just got in to all these lovely messages...! :oops:

Shiney: Thank you! I really hope that in "real life" this pickiness will be totally unnecessary. I'm so glad you love my ring; thank you! :)
Chrono: Absolutely. I have just written to Caren asking. Thank you :D
Zestfully: Aw, bless you and thank you! I have written now, so hopefully it'll be good news...!
TL: Thanks TL. It's been great having you following my progress. Hurrah for rose gold!
bright ice: Thank you! x
platinumrock: Aw, pickle! :) You're too kind :oops: Peachy will be in good hands with Daniel! - can't wait to see her new setting!
Aoife: I hope so too! Thank you :twirl:
LD: Hey LD: I didn't mean the milgrain actually on the bezel: I meant the kind of "bumps" on the upper vine in the last-but-one photo, both kind of diagonally from the edge of the bezel. The fact that you can't see them is a great encouragement to me, actually! :lol: Thanks again for your help with my project :D
kelpie: Thank you so much for your lovely words of encouragement. Today has been so wonderful and exciting!

I'll keep you all in the loop. Thank you again lovely CSers :appl:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love the flow of the ring in real life!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
natsplat|1312499121|2984390 said:
Just got in to all these lovely messages...! :oops:

Shiney: Thank you! I really hope that in "real life" this pickiness will be totally unnecessary. I'm so glad you love my ring; thank you! :)
Chrono: Absolutely. I have just written to Caren asking. Thank you :D
Zestfully: Aw, bless you and thank you! I have written now, so hopefully it'll be good news...!
TL: Thanks TL. It's been great having you following my progress. Hurrah for rose gold!
bright ice: Thank you! x
platinumrock: Aw, pickle! :) You're too kind :oops: Peachy will be in good hands with Daniel! - can't wait to see her new setting!
Aoife: I hope so too! Thank you :twirl:
LD: Hey LD: I didn't mean the milgrain actually on the bezel: I meant the kind of "bumps" on the upper vine in the last-but-one photo, both kind of diagonally from the edge of the bezel. The fact that you can't see them is a great encouragement to me, actually! :lol: Thanks again for your help with my project :D
kelpie: Thank you so much for your lovely words of encouragement. Today has been so wonderful and exciting!

I'll keep you all in the loop. Thank you again lovely CSers :appl:

Teehee...you called me pickle. :bigsmile:

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
platinumrock|1312524570|2984655 said:
Teehee...you called me pickle. :bigsmile:

;-)

pregcurious: Thank you! It was important to me for it to look delicate and flowing - almost floral? - whilst still being substantial enough for practical purposes :twirl:

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Update: I convoed with Caren about the area of concern: she told me she believes it's reflections, and that they will check the ring completely all over again before sending, so I am reassured. I bought the listing, and it is winging its way to us from tomorrow...!

SO NERVOUS AND EXCITED AT THE SAME TIME OMG *and breathe!* :twirl: :shock: :naughty:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
You know what's funny? I saw your CADs, commented on them, liked them, etc...and then I was browsing Daniel M's site and came across this ring. My first thought was "OMG, who commissioned this GORGEOUS piece?!?" And then I came back here and saw it in the thread. Goes to show you how unrecognizable CADs are compared to the real thing (which is always SO MUCH BETTER!)...either that or how oblivious I am. Anyway, it's freaking gorgeous, and I love the trellis effect.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You designed a stunner! The colors are the bomb and I love the swooping lines of the basket/prongs/whatchamacallit

But really, we're dying of anticipation - please the second you get it, let us know?!!! :bigsmile:

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
jstarfireb|1312584534|2985066 said:
You know what's funny? I saw your CADs, commented on them, liked them, etc...and then I was browsing Daniel M's site and came across this ring. My first thought was "OMG, who commissioned this GORGEOUS piece?!?" And then I came back here and saw it in the thread. Goes to show you how unrecognizable CADs are compared to the real thing (which is always SO MUCH BETTER!)...either that or how oblivious I am. Anyway, it's freaking gorgeous, and I love the trellis effect.

:lol:

I think it does have a very different feel to the CADs, mainly due to the milgrain - which is possibly my favourite part of it (or maybe the pointy prongs? or the profile showing all of the stone? Oh, I love all of it :oops: ). It's hilarious that you didn't connect until this thread though! Thanks for your compliments :twirl:

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1312585574|2985086 said:
You designed a stunner! The colors are the bomb and I love the swooping lines of the basket/prongs/whatchamacallit

But really, we're dying of anticipation - please the second you get it, let us know?!!! :bigsmile:

Thank you minous :D I'm dying of anticipation too! :Up_to_something:

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this ring!
I love the color scheme.
I love the design.
Everything!

The gold really does look really rick for 14k.

Sorry if I missed it, but did the tourmaline come from Barry?

I love the champagne diamonds as side stones. Would be cool to see more of that.

I hope you don't mind copycats because it's my guess that this design will become a major reference point of the legion who want a dash of Leon Mege and a dash of MC2...

You can Daniel and Caren should all be very very happy!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
velouria: Thank you! :D I'm really blown away by the lovely things everyone has said about my ring :twirl: and yes, it is a Barry tourmaline. LOVE that cutting from top to bottom...! :love:

Re. copying: I couldn't be more complimented if people liked the design so much they wanted a version for themselves :oops: coz tbh I knew (and know) it's a little "out there" for an engagement ring, colour scheme, design and all - but all the choices happened so naturally and organically, and I simply couldn't wish for a more perfect ring to symbolise our relationship. I didn't consciously ape Leon or MC2 design elements, but now that you say it I definitely see what you mean, with the prongs and the organic flow into the centre stone. I hope it brings Dan and Caren more work too, coz they certainly didn't get a simple project with picky old me, and were nothing but 100% professional, friendly and capable throughout. I think we clocked up 85 conversations on etsy by the end of it! :shock: Caren did mention that they'd had several inquiries into the design since it went up for sale, so we shall see... :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results