shape
carat
color
clarity

Second round of CADs are here

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nat - I didn't realise this was your engagement ring (congratulations!). As it is, may I make a suggestion please? Tourmalines are NOT the hardiest of gemstones. You will need to baby this ring so please make sure you take it off when you do any household jobs, never get it near water (just a precaution) and don't wear it to bed, do the gardening etc! I know this sounds ridiculous but people don't realise that even diamonds can chip and crack so with a tourmaline you need to be a bit more cautious.

BTW, I don't think it's "out there" at all (or maybe I'm de-sensitised because I've been around jewellery and gemstones for many years)! I think it's a lovely design that you should wear with pride.

Have you thought about a wedding ring? May I suggest you keep with the rose gold? I'm not sure how it would look with another metal? If you're desperate for another metal then you could have a (for example) white gold central band, flanked by two small rose gold bands soldered together. Just a thought!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
LD: Thank you! :D I promise I shall baby it: I have been looking online for a travel ring box to keep in my handbag for when I have to carry heavy things etc, and I definitely would never sleep in it/ wash my hands with it on or anything similar. I even bought a baby toothbrush from Boots specially for it on Thursday! :lol: I have been aware since the start that I have to be careful with it, but I just fell in love with the colour and non-sparkle-sparkle of tourmaline - if that makes any sense?! :???: - and I couldn't see myself with any other stone.

Re wedding ring - my mum gave us/me a 1920s 22k barrel wedding ring, which I absolutely love. I was very touched to be given it. The gold is pretty much orangey-peachy, and I am hopeful that it goes with the ering. It is rather thick though, so it may be too much for one finger.

If not, I would be happy to get a thin twisted rose gold wedding ring to wear with my ering at times, or wear my ering on the right hand at times, or wedding band solo at times. I'm quite relaxed about changing my hand jewellery as and when the need dictates: it's the fact that I own them and place a lot of love and sentiment on them that matters to me the most.

wedding ring.jpg

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Oh oh oh it is sitting in my local Post Office until tomorrow morning! :errrr:

And I don't even get to see it when we go to pick it up! :errrr: :errrr:

I only get to try it on with my eyes closed ARGH ARGH :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Oh I bet you are on the verge of peeing yourself in anticipation!

Sorry, was that vulgar?

That's how excited I am to see your ring!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha! No; just vulgar enough, in my opinion! I am so :errrr: :???: :shock: :twisted: :love: :Up_to_something: :-o :twirl: that I can only describe it in smilies...!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
UPDATE! :shock:

As it turns out, I CAN have hand shots tomorrow! I'm engaged! :shock: :shock: :shock: :naughty: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
natsplat|1313791259|2994545 said:
UPDATE! :shock:

As it turns out, I CAN have hand shots tomorrow! I'm engaged! :shock: :shock: :shock: :naughty: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Congratulations to both of you! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Looking forward to the hand shots.....

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwwwwww fantastic news! Very many congratulations to you both. Wishing you a very long, happy and healthy life together!

And in the meantime, it's a requirement for newly engaged couples to post handshots! So you know what you've got to do tomorrow now! :D

So chuffed for you!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
That's beautiful! The gold tone is just gorgeous with both the stone and your skin. Congratulations and wear it in good health.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful. They did a great job!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+ 1

Waiting impatiently...

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it's on my finger! :love: and is PERFECTION :love: :twirl: :love: but I am shaking so much that I can't get a proper handshot :shock:

So, sorry guys - I will have to take loads of pictures tomorrow for you :twirl:

btw the one fly in my ring ointment was that Dan and Caren didn't pack it up very well - it was rattling around in a cardboard box - not a ring box - and to be honest, it could have hurt the tourmaline. I have louped everything and it is all 100% A-OK, but my first thought on seeing the ring in the box was "OH NO" :errrr: it was fortune rather than good packing that got it to me. I must look for a nice ring box for it now...

I promise I will be back with MANY handshots tomorrow! I love it, and it is totally beautiful. The stone works SO HARD, and is minty, apple-y and glowy in turns. Very happy! :twirl:

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
natsplat|1313849249|2994950 said:
Well, it's on my finger! :love: and is PERFECTION :love: :twirl: :love: but I am shaking so much that I can't get a proper handshot :shock:

So, sorry guys - I will have to take loads of pictures tomorrow for you :twirl:

btw the one fly in my ring ointment was that Dan and Caren didn't pack it up very well - it was rattling around in a cardboard box - not a ring box - and to be honest, it could have hurt the tourmaline. I have louped everything and it is all 100% A-OK, but my first thought on seeing the ring in the box was "OH NO" :errrr: it was fortune rather than good packing that got it to me. I must look for a nice ring box for it now...

I promise I will be back with MANY handshots tomorrow! I love it, and it is totally beautiful. The stone works SO HARD, and is minty, apple-y and glowy in turns. Very happy! :twirl:

This bothers me as well. Same packing with my ring...all 3 times it was shipped to me. And then the 2 times I sent it back since it didn't come in a proper box.

And this is going to sound silly - but they also didn't send back the jewel box my stone was sent to them in. And JKT kept the little box I sent her that stone in as well. Wonder if that's some sort of standard? But at least she sent my ring to me in a ring box...

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
lavatea|1313850057|2994959 said:
This bothers me as well. Same packing with my ring...all 3 times it was shipped to me. And then the 2 times I sent it back since it didn't come in a proper box.

And this is going to sound silly - but they also didn't send back the jewel box my stone was sent to them in. And JKT kept the little box I sent her that stone in as well. Wonder if that's some sort of standard? But at least she sent my ring to me in a ring box...

I didn't get my stone box back either, but I don't mind so much about that: I have a few now :oops: :oops:

I will definitely mention it to them about the packing issue. I don't care about an expensive box, or even a cheap one - wadding and cheap tissue paper would have done me, as long as it wasn't rattling about in the box. I'm over it now, but I would definitely insist on it when I work with them again, now I know. Your ring is beautiful btw - I love its lines and delicate colour :twirl:

I have now posted handshots in a separate thread! [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/danielm-barryb-e-ring-handshots.164649/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/danielm-barryb-e-ring-handshots.164649/[/URL]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results