shape
carat
color
clarity

Search for Rubies

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Both really nice. Trade ideal is really hard to quantify if you're not holding it in your hand and a little arbitrary to me anyways- so hard to say... The stoplight that is the silky red is what draws me in this case. I love velvet in my stones, what can I say? How do you feel about that quality, yourself?

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot comment on what’s near trade ideal or not
But that 1.68 one floats my boat :love:
Ohhh okay!

I like both.

1.55 will be livelier

1.68 is a purer red but the crystal appears less clear to me

How much are you being quoted?

Hmmm, I see-- is the 1.68ct one silkier to your eyes?
Both really nice. Trade ideal is really hard to quantify if you're not holding it in your hand and a little arbitrary to me anyways- so hard to say... The stoplight that is the silky red is what draws me in this case. I love velvet in my stones, what can I say? How do you feel about that quality, yourself?
Ahhh I see. I personally would like a very saturated true red-- I don't mind some silk, but not so much that the gemstone appears cloudy.

Clearly, these are both very fine stones! The 1.55ct. is too pink for my tastes (some folks like that... I prefer a purer red). From what I'm seeing in the videos you provided, that 1.68ct. looks phenomenal! I see a touch of silk, which is fine by me. It's also certified by Gubelin as no heat and pigeon's blood. That stone would be the clear winner in my book! How exciting for you!! :kiss2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
The 1.68 is close to trade ideal. The other one has really bright color, but that window is a deal-breaker to me. Do you already have an idea of how you'd want it to be set?

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I like the 1.68 more pure red. Lovely stone.

The second one has the better colour, having said that the first looks to have better clarity and I think this is making it photograph better.

Ohhh got it; thank you!
Clearly, these are both very fine stones! The 1.55ct. is too pink for my tastes (some folks like that... I prefer a purer red). From what I'm seeing in the videos you provided, that 1.68ct. looks phenomenal! I see a touch of silk, which is fine by me. It's also certified by Gubelin as no heat and pigeon's blood. That stone would be the clear winner in my book! How exciting for you!! :kiss2:
Hmm I see! Tbh I do think the 1.68ct one is more pure red; the 1.55ct has a bit of pink

The 1.68 is close to trade ideal. The other one has really bright color, but that window is a deal-breaker to me. Do you already have an idea of how you'd want it to be set?
Yep! Let me post a pic of my setting idea:

86ce96c2f498ffc48a31c2a2247e4378.jpg

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I actually always think of this thread when people start talking ruby colours

It reminds me how tricky expensive rubies are to buy.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I actually always think of this thread when people start talking ruby colours

It reminds me how tricky expensive rubies are to buy.

Thank you for linking this thread-- I'll take a look!

@Bron357 wow they are really similar :O And what a glorious ruby you have!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only see the 1.55 -- not sure what I am doing wrong. Very pretty but looks fairly strongly pinkish-red so not trade-ideal. It spends a lot of time pavilion-up -- not sure how much that helps. Depending upon how accurate that video is, I could almost see it called a pink sapphire. Unheated and for the right price, I'd buy it.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LilAlex
There are total 6 images.
Click to see all.

Thank you! This is my first time using a computer, apparently :)

Yes, the 1.55 is very pink/fuchsia but beautiful, imo. The 1.68 does not do it for me -- I don't care for the look of the pavilion coming up through the crown and it seems fairly lifeless.

Look at that box of confections! All are beautiful, but I agree that the emerald is perfection... congrats!! I think we all aspire to have a MIL with such great taste (and a giving nature). :D

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Look at that box of confections! All are beautiful, but I agree that the emerald is perfection... congrats!! I think we all aspire to have a MIL with such great taste (and a giving nature). :D

awwww thank you so much! The emerald is such a show stealer even in a ruby thread lol! And yes, her taste is lovely- she also gifted me a black onyx and diamond set which is pictured here:

22-06-15-00-06-29-434_deco.jpg

awwww thank you so much! The emerald is such a show stealer even in a ruby thread lol! And yes, her taste is lovely- she also gifted me a black onyx and diamond set which is pictured here:

22-06-15-00-06-29-434_deco.jpg

What a lovely collection... and in-laws! Congrats on your new acquisitions, and enjoy!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results