shape
carat
color
clarity

Search for Rubies

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What beautiful jewels! And wonderful in-laws.

M

maru8888777

your collection is stunning.

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
awwww thank you so much! The emerald is such a show stealer even in a ruby thread lol! And yes, her taste is lovely- she also gifted me a black onyx and diamond set which is pictured here:

22-06-15-00-06-29-434_deco.jpg

Yum! I love it all, but have been lusting for onyx and diamonds lately. Your MIL did well!

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Also because I'm on a ruby kick:

What do you guys think about the rubies for these two rings? I've already requested additional natural lighting pics, am waiting on those.

I've been on a ruby kick my whole life... but only managed to own one. :lol-2:

These are both very fine rubies! The first has great color, but the heavy silk appears to be affecting the clarity, and that's where I draw the line. I like a glow, but I don't want cloudy. I'm sure others will disagree. I like that it has a new SSEF cert. It's a bit larger than the second, but also substantially more $ (although that also has to do with the diamond weight).

I prefer the second stone's color and clarity! The only thing is the AGL report is from 1996, so you'll definitely want to update that. And be sure to check out the cut quality for both rubies when you receive the new pix! Good luck!!

ETA: Whoops! I just noticed the second ring also has a GIA report from 2016. That would satisfy me as far as purchasing it. I might recertify with AGL later on.
thumbsupwink.gif

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I've been on a ruby kick my whole life... but only managed to own one. :lol-2:

These are both very fine rubies! The first has great color, but the heavy silk appears to be affecting the clarity, and that's where I draw the line. I like a glow, but I don't want cloudy. I'm sure others will disagree. I like that it has a new SSEF cert. It's a bit larger than the second, but also substantially more $ (although that also has to do with the diamond weight).

I prefer the second stone's color and clarity! The only thing is the AGL report is from 1996, so you'll definitely want to update that. And be sure to check out the cut quality for both rubies when you receive the new pix! Good luck!!

ETA: Whoops! I just noticed the second ring also has a GIA report from 2016. That would satisfy me as far as purchasing it. I might recertify with AGL later on.
thumbsupwink.gif
Ohhhh gotcha! Thank you for your feedback-- ngl I was leaning towards the second one anyways XD Currently waiting on more pics from the vendors, fingers crossed that the outdoor/indoor natural lighting pics look nice too!

Some pics of the 1.70ct ruby ring:

IMG_0506.jpeg

IMG_0507 (1).jpeg
Burmeserubyringsunlight (1).jpg
1655873024857.png
1655873047041.png

1655873069041.png
Hmmm is this too pinky considering the price-tag? Or is it a proper pigeon's-blood?

Ok, those diamonds are absolutely incredible. :shock: And, no, the ruby is not too pink in my opinion! This is obviously a very fine stone, but for me personally, when we're talking this amount of $$$, I would want a better quality cut. Also, while the silk is doing a good job of obscuring the window, it's too heavy for my tastes. It appears to be clouding the stone. But some folks really love that. So it's a matter of personal preference! How do you feel about it? I think much of the price tag on this guy is going towards the diamonds. So that may be something you want to think about. You may want to put a greater percentage of your funds into ruby quality/size.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

IMG_0506.jpeg

IMG_0507 (1).jpeg
1655873024857.png
1655873047041.png

1655873069041.png
Hmmm is this too pinky considering the price-tag? Or is it a proper pigeon's-blood?

Honestly I think this is scrumptious as a whole piece. I love heavy silk and far prefer it to any sparkle, but that’s me.

This is also my ideal ruby color - just a tiny bit raspberry versus stoplight red. This is subjective.

But goodness gracious those OECs alongside that ruby - what a ring! You have to promise if you buy this you will not be taking this ring apart!

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, those diamonds are absolutely incredible. :shock: And, no, the ruby is not too pink in my opinion! This is obviously a very fine stone, but for me personally, when we're talking this amount of $$$, I would want a better quality cut. Also, while the silk is doing a good job of obscuring the window, it's too heavy for my tastes. It appears to be clouding the stone. But some folks really love that. So it's a matter of personal preference! How do you feel about it? I think much of the price tag on this guy is going towards the diamonds. So that may be something you want to think about. You may want to put a greater percentage of your funds into ruby quality/size.
Yes, the diamonds are amaaaaazing! Yeah after sleeping on it, I think the color is fine but hmmm what you bring up about the window is true :/ I'll think about it!

Honestly I think this is scrumptious as a whole piece. I love heavy silk and far prefer it to any sparkle, but that’s me.

This is also my ideal ruby color - just a tiny bit raspberry versus stoplight red. This is subjective.

But goodness gracious those OECs alongside that ruby - what a ring! You have to promise if you buy this you will not be taking this ring apart!
Yes the entire ring is def pretty amazing! The diamonds are lovely! :D

Also pinging @Bron357 @T L and @voce for feedback; what do you guys think of this ruby ring candidate? The quality of the ruby/diamonds vs the price tag?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the diamonds are amaaaaazing! Yeah after sleeping on it, I think the color is fine but hmmm what you bring up about the window is true :/ I'll think about it!

Yes the entire ring is def pretty amazing! The diamonds are lovely! :D

Also pinging @Bron357 @T L and @voce for feedback; what do you guys think of this ruby ring candidate? The quality of the ruby/diamonds vs the price tag?

I really love that second one. The diamonds and setting make a superb background for the ruby.
Agree, that’s my favourite toning, ever so slightly toning towards pink rather than orange.
In my opinion ”Pigeon blood red” is an overused term. If you lined up all the rubies supposedly with this colour designation they wouldn’t all be the same!
More important is glow and that should be the no 1 deciding factor.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I really love that second one. The diamonds and setting make a superb background for the ruby.
Agree, that’s my favourite toning, ever so slightly toning towards pink rather than orange.
In my opinion ”Pigeon blood red” is an overused term. If you lined up all the rubies supposedly with this colour designation they wouldn’t all be the same!
More important is glow and that should be the no 1 deciding factor.

Thank you for your feedback, and yes, the more I look at it, the more I love it! It's gorgeous-- esp the glow in the sun pics :D

VividRed

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_0506.jpeg

IMG_0507 (1).jpeg
1655873024857.png
1655873047041.png

1655873069041.png

The setting is beautiful, no doubt, and probably worth 10-15k (??no idea…) but let’s focus on the ruby. It looks a bit cloudy to me, and I would argue that the color does not justify the price, even though it is very beautiful. But fine unheated Burmese rubies are hard to get by and, sadly, prohibitively expensive.
How do you feel about it? Do you love it? Can you imagine letting it go or do you have a hunch you will be looking for another one in 6 months?

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
The setting is beautiful, no doubt, and probably worth 10-15k (??no idea…) but let’s focus on the ruby. It looks a bit cloudy to me, and I would argue that the color does not justify the price, even though it is very beautiful. But fine unheated Burmese rubies are hard to get by and, sadly, prohibitively expensive.
How do you feel about it? Do you love it? Can you imagine letting it go or do you have a hunch you will be looking for another one in 6 months?

Hmmm, thank you for your feedback; will take the cloudiness/silk level into account! The color is gorgeous, but I am a bit unsure if this is too much silkiness for me.

So lovely!! The whole lot of them.
luv12.gif

Let's see... we've met the ruby and emerald, and the sapphire is your profile pic. We need a spot light on the lower left ring now. Is it a padparadscha?
nod.gif

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful, beautiful jewelry. Matched and outperformed by your very generous mother-in-law!

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results