shape
carat
color
clarity

Search for an OEC.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Besides Alex stone which is stunning I like the 3.54 vs1 the best for some reason but I wish they had a still of it

That one also 10 mm so looks like a 4 ct per the seller.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Tables are small, but crown heights are lower than I expect. I am not saying that other proportions are better - the old stones I have in mind are not as bright - sure enough, the spread is trully miserable, all for rather subtly distinctive play of light; nobody in their right mind might be making such oddities today WWW without an affidavit.

[USER=104342]@AV_ which OEC are you referring to?

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@joelly They all seem closer to 'transitional' proportions to me; the L least so. These are clearly not modern brilliants, but they do not look like the round (center) stone from Albion Art either (an early OEC). I wish I had numbers to recite for once ,( - would geuss crown heights toward 20& with not terribly small tables. All in all, I expect old stones to look about as bright from about 45º off the vertical as face-up, although any each position is not as bright as the front view 0º of these newer cuts (possibly a DiamCalc discussion, but I do not have it anymore @Serg)

I am making things difficult...

joelly

Ideal_Rock
:appl:@Mjay Oh my God yesssss thank you!!!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
In the meantime, another OEC comes into radar and available for now.

It’s 3.30 MVS1. What do you think? Tell me.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In the meantime, another OEC comes into radar and available for now.

It’s 3.30 MVS1. What do you think? Tell me.

Oh I like it! I’m not an expert but it looks nice

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s pretty but looks like a ACC with the Maltese cross showing up on face on view, but I am no OEC expert.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Love the last.

The rounded stones with a cushion-like contrast pattern always look intriguing & delightful; I love all cut models in which the table does not precisely match the shape, eg, the French cut too. Then the first seriously beautiful old diamodns I have met were Asscher cut cushions with maltese cross patterns - I am very sure they will be the last thing I forget!

The video cannot be showing the stone at its best; I'd want to see the maltese cross light up.

besides, your YF Peruzzi stones are very good bechmark for old cuts, I do not know anything those do not!

2p

(a few modern rounds also have perfect - four fold - symmetry too, not eight fold; digressing)

Last edited:

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
@joelly which one did you end up choosing?? Alex's stone has the most gorgeous facet, and then then 2.92 is my next favorite...the flower seems the most visible to me on that one.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
@joelly which one did you end up choosing?? Alex's stone has the most gorgeous facet, and then then 2.92 is my next favorite...the flower seems the most visible to me on that one.

Alex’s stone is still on hold. I have to go visit the 2.92 just to be sure.

I found two other OEC on IG.

This:

and this:
I have inquired. But I want to wait until I can visit them in person.

This one is huge 5 ct -ish which must be double my budget but a girl can dream right?
This is the 5 ct loose:

joelly

Ideal_Rock
So yeah I’m kind of back on the board looking still...

Reactions: AV_

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
I think Alex's is a strong fave!! Although that 5 carat one from Platt wow :eek2: I adore most of Adam's diamonds but for some reason the 2.9 isn't doing it for me...it doesn't seem as "crisp" as Alex's. The waiting game is hard!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I think Alex's is a strong fave!! Although that 5 carat one from Platt wow :eek2: I adore most of Adam's diamonds but for some reason the 2.9 isn't doing it for me...it doesn't seem as "crisp" as Alex's. The waiting game is hard!!

I agree with you. The waiting is hard.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results