shape
carat
color
clarity

Seaglow's Finds

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Seaglow really has the eye for good stuff and the nose and experience to sniff out the best deals :) non pareil!

See you soon in Bangkok!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Seaglow really has the eye for good stuff and the nose and experience to sniff out the best deals :) non pareil!

See you soon in Bangkok!

Thanks. :) see you in Bangkok!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I usually go for darker pads but had a small but very bright Ceylon blush colored pad that is a little over a carat. I placed a halo on it and the effect of the halo on the stone in white gold setting is just mesmerizing! I prefer the look of this lighter pad to my sunset pad.

Here it is under LED lamp, natural daylight, and indirect sunlight by the window.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    231.3 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 34

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your collection is exquisite! What a treat to look at the pictures. Wear it in good health!

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I usually go for darker pads but had a small but very bright Ceylon blush colored pad that is a little over a carat. I placed a halo on it and the effect of the halo on the stone in white gold setting is just mesmerizing! I prefer the look of this lighter pad to my sunset pad.

Here it is under LED lamp, natural daylight, and indirect sunlight by the window.

I have never examined a pad. Does the stone show two colour like a parti colour sapphire? or the two colour is from the reflection like the dichroism? Does it go brown under some lighting? Thanks.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have never examined a pad. Does the stone show two colour like a parti colour sapphire? or the two colour is from the reflection like the dichroism? Does it go brown under some lighting? Thanks.

Usually it is body color or dichroism although a bi/parti color when cut right, may face up an even colored stone in pad. So cutters may orient their cutting to achieve a pad if there is a potential.

Some orangy pink or pinkish orange sapphires do turn brownish in some light/bleed in sunlight/daylight but will have a fantastic pad color in LED or strong diffused light. I have one such (a local lab classified it as pad) and I asked AIGS if it is a pad but they said no so I guess only the ones that has no brown modifier in most lights or at least in equivalent daylight bulb they would classify a pad.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely pad Seaglow!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh Heck Yeah, that is gorgeous! Absolutely love it - perfect color and probably my favorite!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!!!! Now that's a stone where I wouldn't quibble about setting costs!

How much would that ring stone be Seaglow?

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG!!!!! Now that's a stone where I wouldn't quibble about setting costs!

How much would that ring stone be Seaglow?

Lol. Drool worthy. They are in temporary setting. The ring stone sells $10k. I found these apple greens better than the imperials but the imperials costs more.

Here are the imperials.....

image.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the glowing apple green too! Although I wouldn't say no to the imperials either :P2

If you per chance ever get an opportunity to see cheaper stuff and take a picture, could you show me what quality I should be expecting for $1,000 or so?

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the glowing apple green too! Although I wouldn't say no to the imperials either :P2

If you per chance ever get an opportunity to see cheaper stuff and take a picture, could you show me what quality I should be expecting for $1,000 or so?

Doable for imperial and apple green colors. You have to compromise either on the texture, dome height, or transluscency on a smaller size around 6 X 5 or 7 X 5. The combination of absence of veins/unevenness of color, good dome height, color and high translucency is what puts up the price. Sacrifice one or two and price drops. So nice everything but paper thin, price drops. Nice everything, great transluscency but coarser texture, price drops.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh that makes sense! So kind of like the Cs in diamonds but different criteria.

hehe I an probably drop most things as long as it has a nice dome and is a good shade of greeeeeeeen (to me anything that isn't olive, brown or pooey green is pretty good!).

@Burmesedaze are those for sale????? In a pair? Are they legit????

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ahh that makes sense! So kind of like the Cs in diamonds but different criteria.

hehe I an probably drop most things as long as it has a nice dome and is a good shade of greeeeeeeen (to me anything that isn't olive, brown or pooey green is pretty good!).

@Burmesedaze are those for sale????? In a pair? Are they legit????

Message the seller on Facebook. I've bought 2x from her. Goodluck!

jewelsforalltosee

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That jade ring, OMG. Can I see more of the setting??

Thank you, Acinom. :) I will set the cc sapphire in a ring in white gold with diamond or pink sapphire melees but not yet sure of the design.....

Meantime here is my halo ring collection.

Top row: Ruby, Paraiba
Middle row: Morganite, Star Sapphire, Pigeon's Blood Ruby, Icy Jade
Bottom row: Emerald, Rose Cut Diamond, Color Change Diospore (Zultanite), Ruby

image_1278.jpg

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That jade ring, OMG. Can I see more of the setting??

You mean the white mountain jadeite Ru Yi?

It's in 18k rose gold. I had bought it set and would have loved a thicker setting but I went for the symbolism when I bought it. Ru Yi (auspicious cloud) is considered very lucky in Chinese culture, meaning "as you wish". The diamonds are micro melees about 1mm (less than .01carat). The ring is open back setting and the stone is also carved at the back.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You mean the white mountain jadeite Ru Yi?

It's in 18k rose gold. I had bought it set and would have loved a thicker setting but I went for the symbolism when I bought it. Ru Yi (auspicious cloud) is considered very lucky in Chinese culture, meaning "as you wish". The diamonds are micro melees about 1mm (less than .01carat). The ring is open back setting and the stone is also carved at the back.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Lovely!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pad is such a stunning addition to your already amazing collection!

Thanks for adding a photo of your amazing ring collection!!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG LOVE the lime and the little yellow heart!

Do you have plans for them Seaglow?

Even just from the pictures the sparkle looks amazing! Damn coloured diamonds and their high prices!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm collecting so far in different shapes and colors that blend together to make a tennis bracelet.

OMG LOVE the lime and the little yellow heart!

Do you have plans for them Seaglow?

Even just from the pictures the sparkle looks amazing! Damn coloured diamonds and their high prices!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous shapes and colours!! What a great find. I love the idea of a multi-shape tennis bracelet. Will it be a diamond-only bracelet or will you combine it with other gemstones like sapphires?

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Diamonds only. :) and maybe a halo using micro melees for each FCD.

Gorgeous shapes and colours!! What a great find. I love the idea of a multi-shape tennis bracelet. Will it be a diamond-only bracelet or will you combine it with other gemstones like sapphires?

jewelsforalltosee

Shiny_Rock
Premium
LOVE the little yellow heart!! I too want to know how soon you'll be making this bracelet??

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous fcds Seaglow! The lime green has always been my favorite.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results