shape
carat
color
clarity

Seaglow's Finds

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Seaglow, I just got a sugar rush from all of your eye candy.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Some sapphires and jade this week. I like the bright yellow sapphire I got. 8 plus carats. Thai natural color but heated.

The rest of the blues are Ceylon, traditional heat. The medium blues are 2 carats plus each and could be a pair. Nice face up but on the sides you can see the color zoning. The lighter ones are super clean and bright. The smaller darker blue is 1.4 carats untreated Thai sapphire. Nice color for a Thai sapphire.

Got some nice green jadeite as well. Transluscent, nice color, but the texture falls short to be imperial. In bright light you would see them and one earring has a black spot but normal light, the inclusions aren't so bad. Not so flat as well.

Also, I found very dark purple jade. Soaked them in acetone for a while, no effect on color and surface but I will also send them to the lab. Opaque with obvious graining but really dark. Was sold as super rare purple jadeite. Also got this corundum specimen with a nice hexagon pattern. Lol.

Sometimes, some included big sapphire that's not opaque would come out. The blue cab is untreated at almost 50 carats, and the pink carved hibiscus is more opaque at almost 25 carats, also untreated.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some sapphires and jade this week. I like the bright yellow sapphire I got. 8 plus carats. Thai natural color but heated.

The rest of the blues are Ceylon, traditional heat. The medium blues are 2 carats plus each and could be a pair. Nice face up but on the sides you can see the color zoning. The lighter ones are super clean and bright. The smaller darker blue is 1.4 carats untreated Thai sapphire. Nice color for a Thai sapphire.

Got some nice green jadeite as well. Transluscent, nice color, but the texture falls short to be imperial. In bright light you would see them and one earring has a black spot but normal light, the inclusions aren't so bad. Not so flat as well.

Also, I found very dark purple jade. Soaked them in acetone for a while, no effect on color and surface but I will also send them to the lab. Opaque with obvious graining but really dark. Was sold as super rare purple jadeite. Also got this corundum specimen with a nice hexagon pattern. Lol.

Sometimes, some included big sapphire that's not opaque would come out. The blue cab is untreated at almost 50 carats, and the pink carved hibiscus is more opaque at almost 25 carats, also untreated.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
The yellow one is very beautiful as are those wonderful blues! I'm really intrigued by the dark purple jade and the large blue cabochon. It would make a beautiful pendant which one could hold. I've never seen jade with that texture before either. It's completely new to me. So fascinating! And the jade, what treasures!
What is the stone in your ring? Is it a jade too? It's very lovely.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Are the two pink cravings in the last photos sapphires?

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The yellow one is very beautiful as are those wonderful blues! I'm really intrigued by the dark purple jade and the large blue cabochon. It would make a beautiful pendant which one could hold. I've never seen jade with that texture before either. It's completely new to me. So fascinating! And the jade, what treasures!
What is the stone in your ring? Is it a jade too? It's very lovely.

The dark purple seems not impregnated with a filler as the back has natural indentation and also some coloration so I really think they are not dyed. The question is if it is jadeite or something else. So far it tested around the area of jadeite on my gemstone estimator (lazy instrument to test using thermal conductivity. It gives more or less an idea to separate spinel from sapphire and garnets but it cannot determine synthetics of which I use the microscope and spectroscope for that). The stone on the ring is in temporary setting - green and lavender jadeite. I bought this jadeite from a vendor that didn't have expensive stones together with the corundum with the hex pattern, an old hardworking lady so I thought I'd give her a bit of the morning sale. :)

The large blue they are hard to come by with even colors but not really expensive. But I thought it could make a statement piece.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are the two pink cravings in the last photos sapphires?

Yes. Lighter one is unheated Burmese and darker is heated African.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look somewhat like this jadeite material from Turkey. Have you seen this before? It has something like 60% jadeite in it, as opposed to Burmese jadeite, which has an average of about 80% and up. I think there may be all kinds of special and rare mixes, somewhat like how Maw Sit Sit is a rare relative. I'm sure there are, because the Eartn creates such fabulous creations of minerals with special blends.
IMG_5030.jpg

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They look somewhat like this jadeite material from Turkey. Have you seen this before? It has something like 60% jadeite in it, as opposed to Burmese jadeite, which has an average of about 80% and up. I think there may be all kinds of special and rare mixes, somewhat like how Maw Sit Sit is a rare relative. I'm sure there are, because the Eartn creates such fabulous creations of minerals with special blends.
IMG_5030.jpg
Thanks for the reference!

I was talking with @Burmesedaze (still on the pots, lol) on how the Burmese jadeite are mixed with albite/feldspar or quartz. The Burmese vendors seem to know if the mix is more quartz or feldspar of which the price goes down. I have some purple jadeite that is darker than the usual lavender, but the pair in question is really dark.

I haven't really encountered Turkish material and didn't see them at gem shops in Turkey. But the material is beautiful!

image.jpeg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the reference!

I was talking with @Burmesedaze (still on the pots, lol) on how the Burmese jadeite are mixed with albite/feldspar or quartz. The Burmese vendors seem to know if the mix is more quartz or feldspar of which the price goes down. I have some purple jadeite that is darker than the usual lavender, but the pair in question is really dark.

I haven't really encountered Turkish material and didn't see them at gem shops in Turkey. But the material is beautiful!

image.jpeg
How interesting! I like that graduated lavender jade lineup. It's truly a very special dark color.

Re: the Turkish jadeite. It is interesting. I only have one cabochon of it. It doesn't feel like jadeite because the grain is different, but the lavender colors are beautiful. For now, it is still quite inexpensive, but I've read that supplies are quite limited and therefore it might become more expensive. It also has quartz and some kind of feldspar in it.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If there is quartz and feldspar mixed into them they are usually lighter in weight and/or lighter crystalline looking portions. Still lovely, just less hardy. The majority of my teacup and cup collection are from these mixed stones.

I'd love me some Turkish lavender jadeite!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If there is quartz and feldspar mixed into them they are usually lighter in weight and/or lighter crystalline looking portions. Still lovely, just less hardy. The majority of my teacup and cup collection are from these mixed stones.

I'd love me some Turkish lavender jadeite!
Yes, exactly! It's a bit lighter, and less luminous because of opacity, but it's a solid layer of rich and beautiful color. Quite evenly distributed . This jadeite can hold a nice polish too. I've seen that there is a range of color/quality from chalky light stuff to the deep purple, exploding with golden veins. It's very unusual and really is its own kind of beauty, unique to itself.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seaglow, Burmesedaze and Bluegemz: I love eavesdropping on your wonderful discussions of various jades and jadeites. I've learned so much and drooled even more!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was aiming to buy an unheated sapphire bracelet before with diamonds. The sapphires were from Ilakaka and was light colored, round of about .90ct. - 1ct. I came for it after a few weeks and it sold. It was nicely priced, bright stones but not top colors.

So now I'm doing a project. These are not the best colors of sapphire but together, they blend well and have a nice earthy feel. Most stones also don't have top clarity hence they are affordable but they are decent enough not to look bad. The stones are unheated from Africa. I separated 3 stones as the 2 didn't blend well with the rest and one makes the bracelet uneven. TCW for the bracelet is 16.75, smallest at .50 and biggest at 1.33cts. I plan to set them with small diamonds in between each sapphire.

Here's the photo under LED lamp and in yellow light. The last is a photo in natural light with fewer sapphires (I had to add stones because it was too short).
image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was aiming to buy an unheated sapphire bracelet before with diamonds. The sapphires were from Ilakaka and was light colored, round of about .90ct. - 1ct. I came for it after a few weeks and it sold. It was nicely priced, bright stones but not top colors.

So now I'm doing a project. These are not the best colors of sapphire but together, they blend well and have a nice earthy feel. Most stones also don't have top clarity hence they are affordable but they are decent enough not to look bad. The stones are unheated from Africa. I separated 3 stones as the 2 didn't blend well with the rest and one makes the bracelet uneven. TCW for the bracelet is 16.75, smallest at .50 and biggest at 1.33cts. I plan to set them with small diamonds in between each sapphire.

Here's the photo under LED lamp and in yellow light. The last is a photo in natural light with fewer sapphires (I had to add stones because it was too short).
image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg
It's going to be beautiful and romantic. Reminds me of a bouquet of pasture wildflowers!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's going to be beautiful and romantic. Reminds me of a bouquet of pasture wildflowers!

Thanks!
@Burmesedaze said no nice pinks and blues. Lol. I guess the rough for those were sold by the piece. But I thought they were pretty enough together and I wanted some rounds as most local cuts are ovals or pears. The subdued colors kept the price of this lot very affordable.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really
Thanks!
@Burmesedaze said no nice pinks and blues. Lol. I guess the rough for those were sold by the piece. But I thought they were pretty enough together and I wanted some rounds as most local cuts are ovals or pears. The subdued colors kept the price of this lot very affordable.

It's got a subtle beauty which is very wonderful, and refreshing from the strong, bold colors. It immediately takes me to a mountain pasture in Summer and late fall with the blues, yellows and greens. I actually like that it's limited to this range on the color wheel because it's not at all rainbow like. The relationships are harmonious, not contrasting, which gives it a mellow peace and beauty.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
;)2 that's because I don't have enough pinks and blues. Yet.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
;)2 that's because I don't have enough pinks and blues. Yet.
But if there were pinks in the lot, that would add another 0. I'm find without them for this piece. :)

Spinels are lovely pinks. You've got loads.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How interesting! I like that graduated lavender jade lineup. It's truly a very special dark color.

Re: the Turkish jadeite. It is interesting. I only have one cabochon of it. It doesn't feel like jadeite because the grain is different, but the lavender colors are beautiful. For now, it is still quite inexpensive, but I've read that supplies are quite limited and therefore it might become more expensive. It also has quartz and some kind of feldspar in it.

Dark purple stone update.

I was kinda thinking that there are chances that the stones could be sugilite because the color is unusually dark, so sent it to the local lab and it is indeed sugilite. Not the usual bright kind but still a nice pair. I could return to seller but I think I'll keep it. When I see the seller I'll ask for a lavender jade cab instead for the misrepresentation.

On the bright side, the nice greens turned out A jade.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dark purple stone update.

I was kinda thinking that there are chances that the stones could be sugilite because the color is unusually dark, so sent it to the local lab and it is indeed sugilite. Not the usual bright kind but still a nice pair. I could return to seller but I think I'll keep it. When I see the seller I'll ask for a lavender jade cab instead for the misrepresentation.

On the bright side, the nice greens turned out A jade.
Sugiite is also quite rare, or so I've heard.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sugiite is also quite rare, or so I've heard.

It is but usually lower in price than lavender jade. But not as common also when the color is even. It is a beautiful pair actually.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is but usually lower in price than lavender jade. But not as common also when the color is even. It is a beautiful pair actually.
It may be a great situation, if you get a nice jade cabochon for the misrepresentation, and a lovely pair of sugilites in the end. That's another deposit which eventually will end without any new discoveries.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It may be a great situation, if you get a nice jade cabochon for the misrepresentation, and a lovely pair of sugilites in the end. That's another deposit which eventually will end without any new discoveries.

I didn't pay loads for it. And nice education piece. :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No Euclase premium and they still make a nice pair of souvenir earrings in silver.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sent stuffs to the labs. Not bad. Got the nice green jadeites right. Type As. One blue sapphire sold as unheated turned out heated but no BE. The 5 carat blue sapphire sold as Burmese by a Burmese trader, GIA gave a Ceylon opinion. The rest are good, unheated stones, including the 49 carat sapphire cab. :) Also sent the Burmese transparent star I got in Yangon coz it only had a crumpled paper local report. Lol. Just testing my buying skills. It's a bit difficult for corundum and jadeites. The polymer in jadeite needs better gem equipment and the corundum, BE detection needs advance equipment. Difficult to make an analysis when the stone is clean or nearly clean. Also rubies are so nicely heated now it can be really difficult to see with a microscope at home.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sent stuffs to the labs. Not bad. Got the nice green jadeites right. Type As. One blue sapphire sold as unheated turned out heated but no BE. The 5 carat blue sapphire sold as Burmese by a Burmese trader, GIA gave a Ceylon opinion. The rest are good, unheated stones, including the 49 carat sapphire cab. :) Also sent the Burmese transparent star I got in Yangon coz it only had a crumpled paper local report. Lol. Just testing my buying skills. It's a bit difficult for corundum and jadeites. The polymer in jadeite needs better gem equipment and the corundum, BE detection needs advance equipment. Difficult to make an analysis when the stone is clean or nearly clean. Also rubies are so nicely heated now it can be really difficult to see with a microscope at home.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg
It sounds like you did well and got good news.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not he highest quality of rubies with strong pink modifier but nice placed together. :) Untreated Vietnamese Ruby cabs made into a graduated necklace.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had the 2.75 carat "greenish yellow" diamond set. According to IGI it is a natural fancy greenish yellow (no note as chameleon) but it tests as Chameleon to me. When I asked IGI for a retest, they didn't even bother to reply even though I sent a follow up email of a comparative time lapsed photo (screen grabbed from a video) of the color change under UV exposure. Oh well. Also definitely loupe clean but they graded it SI because of a cloud in the middle that you can see under high magnification. The stone changes color on UV exposure and when you keep it in the dark for a period of time. It is definitely greenish yellow in some parts of the day but turns green in some, depending on the part of the day. It is an olive green in direct sunlight mostly. In some light it can be a bronze color. Anyways, I have set in a simple setting (didn't want too flashy) and without a halo (can you believe it)! I saw the setting at a fair (stock setting with D VVS Diamond melees in 18k white gold).

Here it is!

Daylight photos including direct and indirect sunlight.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Wearing it with the purple diamond ring.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your setting is gorgeous and it's always such a treat to see your purple diamond!

Now THAT is the halo of my dreams *swoons*

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your colored diamonds are gorgeous!! Wow!! I love the settings I both as well.

I think the rubies in your necklace look very good. The cabbed rubies they sell in the US are opaque. They are a pretty color, but look like something you’d find in your local mineral store. Yours looks like you got it in a fine jewelry store.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results