shape
carat
color
clarity

Seaglow's Finds

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, they are lovely! I particularly like the sapphire ring. You are right, it goes very well with your jade! I've been discovering this lately, the unusual and good look of sapphires with jade together. I particularly love the setting of the sapphire ring. In fact, I just received a lavender jadeite pendant in a similar setting with the baguette diamonds. As always, lovely finds, Seaglow! I also love how you are wearing 3 rings together....oh, the sumptuous drama!

Thanks Bluegemz! I love your dark lavender jades!

Very nice haul. See, you get better deals in Thailand than Burma.

The jeweller said the stones were with her for more than 20 years before she had set the left overs. She even told me she used to do necklaces with them. Imagine the blues that were coming out of Burmese mines 20 years ago! The sapphire is cut en cabochon but the color did look old mine and the color is very lovely!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Got some greens.

First is a 2.47ct. Colombian Emerald. Newly cut, untreated except cutter cleaned the dop with baby oil. I had to soak the stone in acetone for a bit.

Second is a 6+ carats, Zambian untreated Emerald pendant in 18K gold, surrounded with princess cut Thai sapphires and diamonds.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What fabulous greens! I love both for different reasons. The unset stone is just such a classic. It has Beautiful proportions, size and a wonderful
Rich green. The pendant is a very unique combination of blue and green. I really love jewelry pieces that are truly their own. It's got a great , strong size. I imagine the pendant could go really well with your blue sapphire cabochon ring, and your imperial jade ring, worn together. Congrats!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Seaglow I love your pink stone ring with the double diamond line. Is there any chance you have a picture of that ring alone so I can steal it for future use in ring design?

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What fabulous greens! I love both for different reasons. The unset stone is just such a classic. It has Beautiful proportions, size and a wonderful
Rich green. The pendant is a very unique combination of blue and green. I really love jewelry pieces that are truly their own. It's got a great , strong size. I imagine the pendant could go really well with your blue sapphire cabochon ring, and your imperial jade ring, worn together. Congrats!

Thanks! The unset stone is a very nice color indeed. You have a very good eye! It's difficult to really capture emerald's beauty in photos. I just chanced upon it an hour after being cut from rough. Good stones go fast. In gem countries, the thing is, if you have a nice stone, dealers want to either buy them or sell them. I have to refuse quite a number of times if it's almost impossible to find such stones again without spending a fortune and offers can be tempting.

The Zambian pendant is old stock more than 10 years ago. It was probably sold too high and now the price has caught up and is ok. Lol. Yes, I got it to match the rings! Good thing it's a classic so the design is ageless and I thought it's nice for formal wear or jeans. :)

@Seaglow I love your pink stone ring with the double diamond line. Is there any chance you have a picture of that ring alone so I can steal it for future use in ring design?

Here's a photo! I think the design would work for other stone colors as well. :)

image.png

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Seaglow sorry to hassle you again!
The two diamond bands on the outside, are they attached to the main ring as well?

I've never seen anything like this. It's like such a lovely twist on the usual bands.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Seaglow sorry to hassle you again!
The two diamond bands on the outside, are they attached to the main ring as well?

I've never seen anything like this. It's like such a lovely twist on the usual bands.

Here's a photo of the side... they are attached to form one solid band at the back. :)
image.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much!!! That's all pics I need! Woot!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The pendant looks like it could be worn on an Egyptian goddess :)

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Burmesedaze!
The sapphires are unheated as well and a very good color for Thai sapphire. There aren't much blues coming out lately for Thai sapphires.

Bluegemz, I did have the rings in mind when I got it. :) It matches them well.

Showing the details on the sides as well.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Burmesedaze!
The sapphires are unheated as well and a very good color for Thai sapphire. There aren't much blues coming out lately for Thai sapphires.

Bluegemz, I did have the rings in mind when I got it. :) It matches them well.

Showing the details on the sides as well.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
It's such a great fit! Really, the colors are beautiful together!! I also love those 3 rings worn together. It's such a story.
The pendant is really unusual. I've never seen one like it. The size and weight of it make it a true classic that you can wear in a few decades as well as now. I can imagine it well with jeans, a blue blazer or a lovely dress. It will go with so many things. Such a set completion. Love this!!

Last edited:

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The Bangkok Fair just ended and the loot is here!

I got a lot of Color-change garnets. These are quite difficult to photograph. I cannot capture the blue and green changes which doesn't register on my camera (I don't edit the photos).

The big color changer is 6.92 carats, changes from grayish blue to pinkish purple, to blue violet, and sometimes greenish blue.

The medium sized stones of which the bigger one is 2.36 carats changes from pinkish red, to green purple, to brown, to olive green.

The smaller ones are blue to purple or green to purple or brown to purple.

The super small ones are a nice verdant green that changes to blue.

I also got a 5.33.carat unheated Burmese sapphire, and a couple of star sapphires, Burmese as well. The stars are heated and biggest is 9.34 carats.

Also took some affordable carved Zambian emeralds, and some paraibas (cab is 4.57 carats Brazilian and faceted is 1.60 carats Mozambique), mahenge spinels (1.13 and 1.43 carats) , and chrysoberyls (biggest is 1.37 carats) and a small 1.56 carats blue tourmaline.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh you did so well! I love the sapphires, the garnets, the carved emeralds leaves, ( those would be great earrings!) and the paraibas. The larger cab is unique in the color and glow... that large sapphire..tell me you are going to set it! I love the color of it...it's dreamy and poetic. And those beautiful, spirit like stars...they look so alive!

Last edited:

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh you did so well! I love the sapphires, the garnets, the carved emeralds leaves, ( those would be great earrings!) and the paraibas. The larger cab is unique in the color and glow... that large sapphire..tell me you are going to set it! I love the color of it...it's dreamy and poetic. And those beautiful, spirit like stars...they look so alive!

Thanks!
I passed on some items! Like untreated Winza bicolored ruby-sapphire and fantastic 10 carat Mozambique tourmalines! Really mesmerizing colors. Because I thought tourmalines, I could get in the future better, but a color change garnet that's almost 7 carats with good color change, it would be difficult.

The stars are super affordable, like border town price but better quality. The Paraiba (Brazilian) cab also was priced like a Mozambique stone, because it's not really transparent and someone had cut some old rough. The blue, I'll design a ring for it. I'm still waiting for a couple of rings and I should get the pad in a few days. :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What pad are you keeping from us? :twisted2:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks!
I passed on some items! Like untreated Winza bicolored ruby-sapphire and fantastic 10 carat Mozambique tourmalines! Really mesmerizing colors. Because I thought tourmalines, I could get in the future better, but a color change garnet that's almost 7 carats with good color change, it would be difficult.

The stars are super affordable, like border town price but better quality. The Paraiba (Brazilian) cab also was priced like a Mozambique stone, because it's not really transparent and someone had cut some old rough. The blue, I'll design a ring for it. I'm still waiting for a couple of rings and I should get the pad in a few days. :)
You are right, that 7 carat garnet would be much harder to find again. I think you chose very wisely. It's very fascinating how it changes these colors. Once you get the new rings, I'll be really curious about if you have a few favorites and why. So far I love all of your rings, but especially your purple diamond and jadeite rings! If you set that lovely large sapphire, it's going to be amazing too ... and the pad, well I'm excited to see this Seaglow!
Have you started the GIA courses yet? If so, has it changed the way you look at gems when you shop?

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You are right, that 7 carat garnet would be much harder to find again. I think you chose very wisely. It's very fascinating how it changes these colors. Once you get the new rings, I'll be really curious about if you have a few favorites and why. So far I love all of your rings, but especially your purple diamond and jadeite rings! If you set that lovely large sapphire, it's going to be amazing too ... and the pad, well I'm excited to see this Seaglow! Your collection is outstanding!
Are you doing the GIA courses yet?

GIA course starts next month!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
omg all of these pieces are incredibly gorgeous!!!!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seaglow-
Everything you post is fun and interesting to look at (and read about)
But that carved emerald in the center of the picture is the sweetest!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so much lovelier than the drawing. The pad is so saturated. It reminds me of a sunset color, but with a freshness in it, like a morning light. Really love everything about the ring. The stone almost looks as though it's sitting on lace made of small stones, much like a lace ribbon chocker with a central pendant. The central pink milee is very chic. I like how it's not sugar sweet, or totally predictable, but has references which are playful and even slightly unexpected.

Last edited:

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got the pad ring. The pad is included but the color is divine and the stone is very bright and eye-catching so the inclusions are masked a bit and overpowered by the sparkle. I have photographed it beside earrings with diamond jackets surrounding a couple of small heated magenta-color Burmese sapphires (TCW 1.36) to show the color difference. The stones were also photographed in direct and indirect sunlight and under LED lamp.

It's so much lovelier than the drawing. The pad is so saturated. It reminds me of a sunset color, but with a freshness in it, like a morning light. Really love everything about the ring. The stone almost looks as though it's sitting on lace made of small stones, much like a lace ribbon chocker with a central pendant. The central pink milee is very chic. I like how it's not sugar sweet, or totally predictable, but has references which are playful and even slightly unexpected.

Thanks Bluegemz! The pad is included, and not really eye clean but the color makes up for it! The color is bright and smack in the middle of orange and pink and the stone is highly pleochroic so when both separate colors of orange and pink appear at the same time in various angles, the blend of hues makes the stone exquisite. By far the best color of pad I've seen. Without the inclusions, the stone would have cost a fortune.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Seaglow, that is just the most amazing collection! I hope you keep your private address very private and have a good alarm system.
I don't want to hijack this thread, but now that I think of it, my collection also getting bigger (though peanuts against yours!).
How do you guys and girls protect your treasures? I think I might start a new thread.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Seaglow it's absolutely stunning. I've been excited since you first put out the drawings and the gem layout pic. This ring is so feminine and beautiful. I love the color of that pad. It's super saturated (unlike most pads I see being bought) and the perfect color. :kiss2:

I hope you consider posting more pics. The setting is so different and I'd love to see more. :love:

ETA: The earrings and jackets are gorgeous too. Love that you can wear them either way.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful! The best pad I've seen. I love the inclusions because they make the stone almost velvety mixed in with the sparkle of light.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Seaglow, that is just the most amazing collection! I hope you keep your private address very private and have a good alarm system.
I don't want to hijack this thread, but now that I think of it, my collection also getting bigger (though peanuts against yours!).
How do you guys and girls protect your treasures? I think I might start a new thread.

Thanks, Norman! There are included stones that I set and I'm having them for color. I think your stones are closer to perfection than mine. It would be interesting to see your collects grow and it would be nice to see photos of them. I think many at PS have bank safes. :)

@Seaglow it's absolutely stunning. I've been excited since you first put out the drawings and the gem layout pic. This ring is so feminine and beautiful. I love the color of that pad. It's super saturated (unlike most pads I see being bought) and the perfect color. :kiss2:

I hope you consider posting more pics. The setting is so different and I'd love to see more. :love:

ETA: The earrings and jackets are gorgeous too. Love that you can wear them either way.

Thanks, elle! You are right, many pads bleed in daylight. Only a few remain nicely colored in different light conditions. The ring design is pretty simple. It's open back but set low, and was made with rose gold eventually. To save cost, my trick (which I use in many designs) is to get top color diamonds in small sizes. So the diamonds are .01ct. each so total is only .38ct. but it looks like more. :)

Very beautiful! The best pad I've seen. I love the inclusions because they make the stone almost velvety mixed in with the sparkle of light.

Thanks, I think we are the minority who tend to appreciate inclusions. :) I'm good that they can take off the 000s in the price.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Inclusions and native cuts :razz:

A suite fit for a princess.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results