shape
carat
color
clarity

Scenes from JCK 2014

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds magical Wink, thank you so much for that lovely write up, it really gives the reader a feeling of being there! I can imagine everyone was so happy to meet you and I hope one day I will too so I can also give you a hug!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lorelei|1401816206|3685681 said:
It sounds magical Wink, thank you so much for that lovely write up, it really gives the reader a feeling of being there! I can imagine everyone was so happy to meet you and I hope one day I will too so I can also give you a hug!

And I you. I am planning to go to Antwerp next Spring or summer. If possible I might arrange to fly back through London and visit you for a day on the way. It would be fun to meet you and some of my London clients for a few hours. Or maybe you could fly to Antwerp for a day with Paul and Lieve and me. Either way we could post a Scenes from Antwerp or London thread, but without the fun of a show wrapped around our visit...

Wink

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink|1401818359|3685712 said:

And I you. I am planning to go to Antwerp next Spring or summer. If possible I might arrange to fly back through London and visit you for a day on the way. It would be fun to meet you and some of my London clients for a few hours. Or maybe you could fly to Antwerp for a day with Paul and Lieve and me. Either way we could post a Scenes from Antwerp or London thread, but without the fun of a show wrapped around our visit...

Wink

We can definitely sort something out Wink, keep me posted on developments!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aw...Andrey and Linh at our PS Team dinner at Aureole at Mandalay Bay

img_4971_1.jpg

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ErikaW|1401823162|3685777 said:
Aw...Andrey and Linh at our PS Team dinner at Aureole at Mandalay Bay

img_4971_1.jpg

Great pic! Thank you guys for a wonderful evening. What a party. What an amazing group of people.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here is the only photo I took. Vera had specifically asked me to get a picture of Sir John with Sheerah and Liza. It was like "My job is done, now let's party"!

sheerah_jp_liza_1.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Texas Leaguer|1401824460|3685789 said:
Here is the only photo I took. Vera had specifically asked me to get a picture of Sir John with Sheerah and Liza. It was like "My job is done, now let's party"!

sheerah_jp_liza_1.jpg

Bryan, you officially took one more than I did, and a good one two! Proof that the vendors both like and respect each other!

Wink

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wink|1401824826|3685792 said:

Bryan, you officially took one more than I did, and a good one two! Proof that the vendors both like and respect each other!

Wink

Indeed Wink. The more I get to know my fellow vendors the more I like them. Even Diamond Hawk, despite the fact that his beloved Seattle Seahawks ruined the Houston Texan's season. Of course the Seahawks ruined everybody else's season :wink2: .

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, but I do not think they flat out embarrassed you like they did San Fran.

Wink

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Linh took a bunch of GTG party shots, so stay tuned!

So while I scout gorgeous jewels at the shows, my husband Peter tries to find as many diamond-themed slot machines as he can. Some are quite hilarious--like this "African Diamond" one.

african-diamond.jpg

ps Bryan: SeaHAWKS!! :appl: Heck yeah!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ErikaW|1401825578|3685805 said:
Linh took a bunch of GTG party shots, so stay tuned!

So while I scout gorgeous jewels at the shows, my husband Peter tries to find as many diamond-themed slot machines as he can. Some are quite hilarious--like this "African Diamond" one.

african-diamond.jpg

Which reminds me of this picture of Garry Holloway, trying to get an idealscope of this ridiculous looking "diamond" proudly posted on the wall of our first nights dinner. I think this thing had an AGS 12 grade or maybe it was a GIA very good...

garry_idealscope.jpg

Wink

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wink|1401826829|3685825 said:
Which reminds me of this picture of Garry Holloway, trying to get an idealscope of this ridiculous looking "diamond" proudly posted on the wall of our first nights dinner. I think this thing had an AGS 12 grade or maybe it was a GIA very good...

garry_idealscope.jpg

Wink
Someone should tell Garry about the limitations of the IdealScope. Now, there probably is enough information there to run an HCA :twisted:

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol, awesome.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
He's been keeping his eye on DeBeers too.

img_2334-600.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade

sheerah_jp_liza_1.jpg
Surrounded by sparkle!

Thanks for taking that photo Bryan... The only things more scintillating than the amazing bling were the people. That was a fun, fashionable and spirited crowd.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Step aside Sally, here come Mustang Linh and Lieve.

img_3647-650.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei|1401818910|3685718 said:
Wink|1401818359|3685712 said:

Wink

We can definitely sort something out Wink, keep me posted on developments!
Oooh, prime GTG opportunity! :))

Roqsteady

Shiny_Rock
denverappraiser|1401836070|3685943 said:
brian_b2c_0.jpg
Brian from B2C Jewels.

Is that John's twin brother? They even have the same smile.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love reading all of your stories. Looks like a lot of fun. :wavey:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
John Pollard|1401829725|3685859 said:
He's been keeping his eye on DeBeers too.

haha this is so cute!! :lol:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1401758705|3685264 said:
madelise|1401752638|3685220 said:
Lorelei|1401540183|3683750 said:
Lorelei and Maisie in Vegas, Da Bruddahs Forever.

marilyn-jane.jpg

:-o

I wore an exact copy of this dress. Minus the 'glitter'. At the PS GTG Friday night dinner.

:-o

And you looked MARVELOUS in it!

Thanks deejay :wink2:

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Texas Leaguer|1401825143|3685797 said:
Wink|1401824826|3685792 said:

Wink

Indeed Wink. The more I get to know my fellow vendors the more I like them. Even Diamond Hawk, despite the fact that his beloved Seattle Seahawks ruined the Houston Texan's season. Of course the Seahawks ruined everybody else's season :wink2: .

I believe Neil and I had discussion about this as well :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
brian_b2c_0.jpg
Brian from B2C Jewels.

Brian from B2C is John Pollard's brother!!!!! I didn't know that!!!

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1401852848|3686088 said:
brian_b2c_0.jpg
Brian from B2C Jewels.

DiamondSeeker,

Yes indeed. I mentioned it in my first-ever post here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-vs2-i-vs-si1-h.200526/#post-3650250#p3650250

<< Long-time members will know my brother, John Pollard, who is well-known in the industry for many years. I should definitely thank him for introducing me to diamonds and encouraging me as I pursued involvement here (thanks bro!). With that said, I know he casts a long shadow here and elsewhere in the trade so he will forgive me if I want to stand on my own.>>

I do want to stand on my own, but it was very nice, at the party, to be able to make connections to people by virtue of my name. Everyone has been very welcoming. It’s an exciting community and I am having a blast participating here.

So, for my part, I will happily discuss, agree, disagree, be enlightened, laugh, educate, and contribute to the great community here - who knows, maybe someday in a post here on PS someone will ask, "Now isn't Diamond_Hawk's brother also in the trade?" [not holding my breath] :D

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Who would have guessed that? The resemblance is definitely there but I would have never connected those dots!

Two Pollards on board to help - what a blessing! We're all learning together Brian - it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1401877086|3686210 said:
Wow! Who would have guessed that? The resemblance is definitely there but I would have never connected those dots!

Two Pollards on board to help - what a blessing! We're all learning together Brian - it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance!

My sentiments entirely MGR!!! :appl:
dothewave.gif

runaround1.gif
orchestra.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Diamond_Hawk|1401874157|3686194 said:
diamondseeker2006|1401852848|3686088 said:
brian_b2c_0.jpg
Brian from B2C Jewels.

DiamondSeeker,

Yes indeed. I mentioned it in my first-ever post here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-vs2-i-vs-si1-h.200526/#post-3650250#p3650250

<< Long-time members will know my brother, John Pollard, who is well-known in the industry for many years. I should definitely thank him for introducing me to diamonds and encouraging me as I pursued involvement here (thanks bro!). With that said, I know he casts a long shadow here and elsewhere in the trade so he will forgive me if I want to stand on my own.>>

I do want to stand on my own, but it was very nice, at the party, to be able to make connections to people by virtue of my name. Everyone has been very welcoming. It’s an exciting community and I am having a blast participating here.

So, for my part, I will happily discuss, agree, disagree, be enlightened, laugh, educate, and contribute to the great community here - who knows, maybe someday in a post here on PS someone will ask, "Now isn't Diamond_Hawk's brother also in the trade?" [not holding my breath] :D

Coming across as so humble, when in fact, did you not tell me that you were NOT John Pollard's brother?

Did you not tell me, with great great pride, that John was indeed YOUR brother?

Wink

P.S. For those reading this, please imagine that you can hear the love and admiration in Brian's voice when he informed me of the difference. Those two are great friends as well as brothers.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brian, I just checked that thread and saw your post was the last, so that sort of indicates that few or none of us saw it or we would have commented! We certainly will allow you to stand on your own, but when someone new comes here, we have no idea about who they really are. I have known John for the 8 years I have been here, and he has many friends and much respect on the board, so knowing you are his brother is certainly a good association as a beginning!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This was my first PS/JCK trip to Vegas, and WOW, what a blast! You can spend an entire week there, and still not get to see half of what the show has to offer. The information gleaned from the educational sessions is invaluable, and well worth the trip just for the learning.

Then there's the whole meeting Wink for the first time...

He picked me up from the airport, and we used our cellphones to coordinate with each other for a meeting spot. When I saw him I dropped my bags and gave him a great big hug. It was like seeing your best friend that you talk to daily but haven't seen in years...and in this case, nine and a half years but had never met!

The first day we were there was simply incredible. I'm not one to be impressed by celebrity, and movie stars don't make me giddy, but to be sitting down with giants in the industry such as Peter Yantzer, Lieve Peters, John Pollard, Garry Holloway, Linh and Andre, and of course Wink was just incredible. That was my "pinch me now!" moment. I felt like a star stuck child being surrounded by my heroes.

The ladies night was wonderful. To get to finally meet all these gorgeous, incredibly nice women that I've seen posts from over the years was definitely a highlight. I just wish I wasn't so exhausted to the point I had to leave as soon as I had eaten (I was in bed by 9:40 that night). The time change (3 hours difference for me), traveling, and of course the rushed pace of the daytime left me crying uncle early that night. The PS gathering itself was beyond elegant. It was more than a mix of vendors and consumers...it was a group of friends with a shared passion. It was wonderful to spend the evening with everyone, sharing stories and personal experiences.

The absolute highlight of my experience was the very last night we were there. Nothing fancy, just a quiet evening spent with Peter Yantzer, Andre and Linh, John Pollard, Brian Pollard, Lieve Peters, and Wink. It felt like my christening into the world of diamonds.

The jet lag is fading, the blisters are healing, but the memories will last a lifetime!

me_trying_on_a_gorgeous_26k_necklace.jpg

me_and_gary.jpg

wink_and_i.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results