clarity

Scenes from JCK 2014

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see more pictures from tonight!!! :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enjoy the celebration tonight! Cannot wait for photos.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thritto DS and Ame, have a fantastic time PSers! :wavey: :appl:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1899429ix0yflafza.gif
bumpsie.gif

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, where are the pics?! ;-) :tongue:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the pics?.. :Up_to_something:

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dancing Fire|1401724352|3684953 said:
If anyone else is like me, they are still traveling or at the show...pics and info to come. And there also may be some recovery-mode involved. =)

What an amazing night. I am floored by the elegance, diversity and enthusiasm of our community. I highly encourage everyone to attend. I'm always sure it can't get better, but somehow it does.

John

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I took several photo the first evening but then seemed to forget I even had a phone.

20140530_125949.jpg

Sorry about the orientation of this photo, do not know how to change it from my phone. This is Melissa trying on a killer nice yellow diamond pregnant. She kept saying something about a bonus, but... I could never exactly understand what she was saying.

Now this one

20140529_181031.jpg

Has Melissa with Erica and her husband Peter. Again sorry about the sidewise orientation. I just now figured out how to upload photos from my phone, but no editing skills do I have with my phone.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL! That should have read pendant not pregnant...

Wink

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
John Pollard|1401726552|3684983 said:
If anyone else is like me, they are still traveling or at the show...pics and info to come. And there also may be some recovery-mode involved. =)

What an amazing night. I am floored by the elegance, diversity and enthusiasm of our community. I highly encourage everyone to attend. I'm always sure it can't get better, but somehow it does.

John

I am so glad you all had such a fantastic time, I wish I could have been there!

For those poor PSers in recovery mode, I hope the following poem gives you a smile and helps you feel a bit better! My little poem is based on one called The Night After Christmas by Anon.

T'was the night after JCK and boy what a life!
I feel like the devil and so does the wife...
The wine and the cocktails and brandy were swell...
But ten hours later, they sure gave me hell...
The vendors were packing their jewels with such flair...
The show is now over, back to everyday cares.
The children were all tucked up snug in their bed....
But I had a large cake of ice on my head.

And when at last, I dozed off in a nap,
The ice woke me up when it fell in my lap...
Then for some unknown reason I needed a drink...
So I started to feel my way to the sink...
I got along fine till I tripped on the mat,
I don't recall just what occurred after that.
When I came to, the room was flooded in light,
Although, under the table I was high as a kite...

While visions of diamonds danced in my head...
I crawled out from the table and then went to bed...
Then what to my wandering mind should appear...
But a snifter of brandy and bottle of beer...
The snifter and bottle started to spin,
Memories of last evening began then to dim.
I knew in a moment I had started to hic...
I tried to cry out, but my tongue was too thick.

Sparkles and contrast, fire, scintillation....
AGS, GIA, folk from all nations...
PSers and vendors and blingage galore,
But such pleasant thoughts would soon be no more...
Barcardi, champagne, Four Roses and brandy,
Budweiser, niche ales, some Guinness and shandy...
Sushi and gateaux, champagne and best steak...
Oh my poor stomach, it's starting to ache.

I woke the next morning feeling quite ill,
But soon brightened up with a couple of pills.
A gallon of water, one hair of the dog,
Rapidly lifted my painful head fog.
'Never again', no more self infliction!
Until the next time, next show or occasion.
But I had a great time, was full of good cheer,
So long JCK, I'll see you next year!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Three beautiful women playing to the camera, Lihn, Melissa and Lieve with Andrey and Wink. This was at the first evening's dinner. 20140529_175655.jpg

Wink

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are great Wink, thank you!!!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did LOL at the 'pregnant/pendant' typo :lol:

Looks like it was fun, we need a similar event over here so us Brits can play with shiny things we can't afford! :tongue: :mrgreen:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are sure welcome. Just a couple more,

guitar_hero.jpg

Oops, how did guitar hero baby get in there?

20140529_180948.jpg

A new design by Erika, lol, much prettier than my phone can capture.

Below, Garry Holloway with Melissa

20140529_165827.jpg

My last for now, Sir John and Lieve.

20140529_160029.jpg

Wink

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei|1401540183|3683750 said:
Lorelei and Maisie in Vegas, Da Bruddahs Forever.

marilyn-jane.jpg

:-o

I wore an exact copy of this dress. Minus the 'glitter'. At the PS GTG Friday night dinner.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1401752638|3685220 said:
Lorelei|1401540183|3683750 said:
Lorelei and Maisie in Vegas, Da Bruddahs Forever.

marilyn-jane.jpg

I wore an exact copy of this dress. Minus the 'glitter'. At the PS GTG Friday night dinner.

And you looked MARVELOUS in it!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Double post.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great stories and pictures.

I loved your poem, Lorelei!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi everyone,

We had an amazing time. As always it was a pleasure to meet with the PS community members and sponsors. With out either one PS would not be the same. My Darling Sweetheart and I are still traveling and when we get back we will be happy to post some images.

If there are any images you do not wish posted, do let us know or use the 'report concern" button and we will be happy to remove it for you.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi All! Finally home and able to post a couple of quick iPhone pics that I shared on FB earlier today. Stay tuned for my blog coverage of jewelry market week 2014. Met some amazing designers and saw some incredible gems, including the two below!

Thanks to everyone who attended the PS GTG. It was simply amazing--yet again! It was so lovely to meet you all!! I think we had a pretty good time. :naughty:

Congrats to all of our prize winners and a HUGE thank you to our sponsors and forum vendors for their donations. We are simply stunned by your generosity!!

Ok so quick snaps:

40-carat yellow from Rahaminov Diamonds (omg)
40-carat-fancy-yellow-rahaminov-diamonds.jpg

7.18-carat unheated padparadscha sapphire ring from Omi Privé
omi-pad-sapphire-jck.jpg

Blogs coming soon!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OMG this poem is BRILLIANT! I just read it out loud to my husband, between laughter of course!

What an amazing experience the JCK was. So much to absorb, so much to see, and such good times with people I've admired for years.

Lorelei|1401745262|3685149 said:
John Pollard|1401726552|3684983 said:

John

I am so glad you all had such a fantastic time, I wish I could have been there!

For those poor PSers in recovery mode, I hope the following poem gives you a smile and helps you feel a bit better! My little poem is based on one called The Night After Christmas by Anon.

T'was the night after JCK and boy what a life!
I feel like the devil and so does the wife...
The wine and the cocktails and brandy were swell...
But ten hours later, they sure gave me hell...
The vendors were packing their jewels with such flair...
The show is now over, back to everyday cares.
The children were all tucked up snug in their bed....
But I had a large cake of ice on my head.

And when at last, I dozed off in a nap,
The ice woke me up when it fell in my lap...
Then for some unknown reason I needed a drink...
So I started to feel my way to the sink...
I got along fine till I tripped on the mat,
I don't recall just what occurred after that.
When I came to, the room was flooded in light,
Although, under the table I was high as a kite...

While visions of diamonds danced in my head...
I crawled out from the table and then went to bed...
Then what to my wandering mind should appear...
But a snifter of brandy and bottle of beer...
The snifter and bottle started to spin,
Memories of last evening began then to dim.
I knew in a moment I had started to hic...
I tried to cry out, but my tongue was too thick.

Sparkles and contrast, fire, scintillation....
AGS, GIA, folk from all nations...
PSers and vendors and blingage galore,
But such pleasant thoughts would soon be no more...
Barcardi, champagne, Four Roses and brandy,
Budweiser, niche ales, some Guinness and shandy...
Sushi and gateaux, champagne and best steak...
Oh my poor stomach, it's starting to ache.

I woke the next morning feeling quite ill,
But soon brightened up with a couple of pills.
A gallon of water, one hair of the dog,
Rapidly lifted my painful head fog.
'Never again', no more self infliction!
Until the next time, next show or occasion.
But I had a great time, was full of good cheer,
So long JCK, I'll see you next year!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Thanks Melissa and Marcy, I had a fit of inspiration with the poem, it was fun to do!! :halo: So glad you had such a wonderful time!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for your poem, Lorelei! I must say I felt like I was run over by a truck yesterday. You should see the bruise on my leg--yanno, just ran into a table at the JCK beach party... :errrr: So you captured the essence of JCK weekend, yes. We walk the shows all day (and I shoot for the blog) and then go out at night--at length, and this goes on for about 5 days straight. So many of us, who are not accustomed to going out and whooping it up 5 days in a row and waking up (at the crack of dawn) to work, get a little exhausted. But...we love every minute of it. :bigsmile:

Here's a cute pic of Wink and Melissa. It was a pleasure to see our Wink again this year, and it was so lovely to meet Melissa for the first time!!

_18859.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ErikaW|1401810843|3685601 said:
Thanks for your poem, Lorelei! I must say I felt like I was run over by a truck yesterday. You should see the bruise on my leg--yanno, just ran into a table at the JCK beach party... :errrr: So you captured the essence of JCK weekend, yes. We walk the shows all day (and I shoot for the blog) and then go out at night--at length, and this goes on for about 5 days straight. So many of us, who are not accustomed to going out and whooping it up 5 days in a row and waking up (at the crack of dawn) to work, get a little exhausted. But...we love every minute of it. :bigsmile:

Here's a cute pic of Wink and Melissa. It was a pleasure to see our Wink again this year, and it was so lovely to meet Melissa for the first time!!

_18859.jpg

OWWWWW I'm sorry Erika, I doubt I could have handled one night, let alone 5 busy days straight then a little socializing at night, but I bet you had a blast!!

What a lovely photo of Melissa and dear Winkie!!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Lorelei! We may need a "Show Me Your JCK Wounds" thread--or maybe not. :errrr: haha! Melissa, Andrey's wife Linh, and I compared notes each time we saw each other: throbbing feet? check! blisters? check! Need a bandaid? Yup!

...and we do it all in high heels. ;))

Here's a pic that Peter took of me working at the Couture show. I like to take my time shooting--haha--to get off my feet! Will be blogging that amazing designer soon. Zaiken Jewelry--who has partnered with Gemfields on some incredible emerald pieces. More to come!

meta.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ErikaW|1401811926|3685615 said:
Thanks Lorelei! We may need a "Show Me Your JCK Wounds" thread--or maybe not. :errrr: haha! Melissa, Andrey's wife Linh, and I compared notes each time we saw each other: throbbing feet? check! blisters? check! Need a bandaid? Yup!

...and we do it all in high heels. ;))

Here's a pic that Peter took of me working at the Couture show. I like to take my time shooting--haha--to get off my feet! Will be blogging that amazing designer soon. Zaiken Jewelry--who has partnered with Gemfields on some incredible emerald pieces. More to come!

meta.jpg

LOL, definitely some sore feetsie photos might be a very good idea! Have you tried those gelpads? Marvellous for heels or any shoes that rub. That's a brilliant photo of you, I wish I could have been there, maybe another year!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5 days of looking at beautiful gems, meeting people, and wining and dining in the finest restaurants? Such hard work, I'm sure ;-) :tongue: lol

It looks to be great, though, it's a shame there's not similar over here in Europe, that I'm aware of, anyway!

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
I have been patiently waiting for a real life picture of this ring, I love, love, love(freaking love) it!!!

_18861.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lorelei|1401811255|3685605 said:
ErikaW|1401810843|3685601 said:

_18859.jpg

OWWWWW I'm sorry Erika, I doubt I could have handled one night, let alone 5 busy days straight then a little socializing at night, but I bet you had a blast!!

What a lovely photo of Melissa and dear Winkie!!

Thank you Erika for posting that delightful picture, and also Lorelei for your kind words.

I think I need to never post another picture from my phone, wish I could still edit the posts so I could 1. turn the pictures to the proper orientation, and 2. Spell Linh's name correctly. Linh (pronounced Ling) is a wonderful friendly lady who makes all around her feel like they have known her for years. She asked Melissa to go with her to look at a pair of earrings she found at a GREAT price and Garry Holloway and I went with them.

After Garry blessed the rubies as not being glass filled Linh had her new earrings and we all sat down to look at more of what this vendor had. I gave Resa (my wife) the pair I bought for her there when I got home last night. She was ecstatic and wore them to work this morning. Garry took home a LARGE selection of bargains for his clients in Down Under Land and I swear that Melissa was drooling while looking at hundreds of pairs of earrings and pendants with Linh.

One of the nicest things about meeting Melissa for the first time last week was walking the show with her. She spent hours of excited discovery of things that have long ago become common place to those of us who go to the shows for more than a few years. Seeing them again through new eyes brought back that excitement of seeing something wonderful for the first time. We spent our entire first day at the AGTA show section downstairs (colored gems). It was she who spotted the "impossible to find but we will try" 5.8 x 4.2 mm oval purple sapphire. I was hoping to find such a rare treasure in a nice 6 x 4 that we could make fit into the space that we had removed an ugly ruby from for a client.

Nope, not going to happen with Melissa on the prowl. She said, "Hey wink, look at that tray of purple sapphires, I think that one in the second row, third from the right is about right.".

You guessed it, EXACTLY 5.8 x 4.2mm. Sheesh! That lady has an EYE! We bought the stone on the spot and emailed our client in Australia that we had found it. I think he was as excited as we were, especially since it was well under his budget.

Even though we spent the first day there, I doubt that we saw more than 2% of what was displayed. The sheer volume of beautiful gems to see was mind boggling.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The get together Saturday evening was incredible. Andrey had rented one of the penthouse suites at the MGM grand and the party was in full swing buy the time that Melissa and I got there. I was so impressed with the ladies and gentlemen there. Squeals and hugs from those I knew and from many I met for the first time. Everyone greeted Melissa as if they had known her forever, and after all, many of them had met her at the girls private get together the night before, so it was kind of like they had known her forever.

It was really fun to see competitors standing around talking to one another. Brian, (Diamond Hawk), was there and is doing a great job of representing B2C diamonds. He kept Melissa and others in stitches a good part of the evening and at one point we heard a beautiful voice singing from out on the porch, but I could not see who it was who was singing. Let me just say that I suspect she should be paid to sing and she was given a rousing applause upon her completion of the song.

The drawing was a lot of fun and at one point I think it was FOUR tickets in row were drawn for people who were not there, so their prizes were given to the next number drawn. I think all told five or six tickets were drawn for those who were not there. (There might be a lesson here for those who sign up and do not show!)

As the drawing neared the end, Garry Holloway brought forth a grab back so that NO ONE went home empty handed. I know that when this old man got tired and went home it was after 1 in the morning and the party may have lost a few before me, but not many. It was one of those parties that just generated energy and made you want to stay. I will not even try to name all the people I talked with, but it was many many and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Thank you Andrey and Linh!

Wink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results