shape
carat
color
clarity

Scarlett J’s brown diamond ering

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Scarlett J. could get one of the infinity stones and took this one....

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Would be a good idea...

Or going back in time - win several jackpots and buy some land in australia and discover the Argyle mine. And Paraiba and Hematita and....

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Honestly, it is not fun to be the odd one out, but I think this thread is disrespectful. Sorry. I love PS and the kind attitude mostly shown here. :wavey:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love colored diamonds and I love pears but I just don't like how the stone looks like it's floating. As previously mentioned, it just screams of getting caught on something. But good for her for trying something different.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, it is not fun to be the odd one out, but I think this thread is disrespectful. Sorry. I love PS and the kind attitude mostly shown here. :wavey:

I don't think the reaction would be thaw same If a private individual came on ps tp share this as their ring. For better or worse, being a celebrity creates more of an opening for criticism. I don't think it's disrespectful personally, it's part of the deal of being in the public eye. The trade off is living a life of unparalleled luxury/glamour and i guess some are surprised with all those resources this is what she chose. I still like it. ;)2

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think Scarlett cares what PS or anyone else thinks of her ring. There’s a whole celebrity e-ring thread on PS, and people give their open and honest opinions about their pieces. No one is saying she’s a horrible person, I was just asking for opinions on the gem because that’s what we love to do here, discuss gems.

As for private individuals showing their pieces on this forum, I personally believe negative comments aren’t warranted, unless someone asks for an honest opinion. However that’s JMO. it’s a free and open forum to discuss opinions, negative or positive, in a respectful way.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think Scarlett cares what PS or anyone else thinks of her ring. There’s a whole celebrity e-ring thread on PS, and people give their open and honest opinions about their pieces. No one is saying she’s a horrible person, I was just asking for opinions on the gem because that’s what we love to do here, discuss gems.

As for private individuals showing their pieces on this forum, I personally believe negative comments aren’t warranted, unless someone asks for an honest opinion. However that’s JMO. it’s a free and open forum to discuss opinions, negative or positive, in a respectful way.

:lol-2: can you imagine. she's lurking on here and finds this thread and, horrified, changes her ring. i'm sure she doesn't give a &*&^ what anyone thinks about it. :lol-2:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

If she was a member here everyone would congratulate her on her modern edgy ring. PSers are just having a bit of honest fun. For what it's worth most of us have said what we really think of Diana's sapphire and a whole heap of other famous people's rings too....

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think the reaction would be thaw same If a private individual came on ps tp share this as their ring. For better or worse, being a celebrity creates more of an opening for criticism. I don't think it's disrespectful personally, it's part of the deal of being in the public eye. The trade off is living a life of unparalleled luxury/glamour and i guess some are surprised with all those resources this is what she chose. I still like it. ;)2
i agree
im still new here but i would always find something nice to say about another members bling and if Scarlet was my friend or if for some odd reason i ever met her id never tell her, her ring looks like a slug
i actually like the brown diamond, just not her setting

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Type IIa diamonds are free from nitrogen or hydrogen. They are transparent for SW UV ( diamond spotter but you can easily build your own with a piece of scheelite, a SWUV lamp and an not transparent box - put the lamp in the box, turn it on and put the diamond on a little hole in the box - put the scheelite above the diamond and if the scheelite glows blue it is a IIa - Ia or Ib and the scheelite will be inert). Protect always your eyes using UV light.

Plastic deformation is responsilbe for most brown diamonds - the rare IIa can be „repaired“ by HPHT and transformed in colorless diamond.

The Argyle diamonds are mostly Ia with different nitrogen content - often IaA<B.

There is a fantastic article about the pink diamonds in GIA Winter 2018 - free download!

Is there a picture for such a contraption? Where one makes a hole for a diamond, do you place the sheelite on the diamond?

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Depends on the SW UV lamp.

Mine is for banknotes so quite long - it is important that the UV light only run through the diamond - maybe you need some clay. you can hold the scheelite with a tweezer above the diamond. Check before that the scheelite shows a reaction to the SW UV.

The diamond spotter you can buy are very expensive - this is a cheap possibility.

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think Scarlett J. is gorgous. She likes it so everything is o.k.

Otherwise I agree with TL.

And...

She should join PS and ask - with a budget of 400K the Ladies here would def. find some exciting piece of jewelry for her.

I like brown diamonds with an additional color like pink or orangy pink. Well cut they look great.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree that some healthy criticism is ok! But there is a fine line between that an making fun of someones ring. I follow the celebrity ring thread and really like it, I personally have no issues with that thread.
In *MY* opinion celebrities are humans too. JMHO. I think trashing someones ring creates a sad climate for anyone wanting to share their ring if it looks like anything other than a classic solitaire. :wavey:

Eta, @T L I meant certain comments, not this whole thread! Love seeing pics of her ring!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
to be honest its the sort of weird out there thing id usually want (i just hate slugs)
id 'lower the tone' and accent it with smoky topaz

opps :lol:
ive said too much.
ill get my hat and be off

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I may have overreacted because I happened to read the thread in hangout too on the same subject and didnt notice that it was not the same thread as this one. I thought they were the same and felt it was a bit much. Sorry. *Bows out* :whistle:

KLC

Shiny_Rock
I may have overreacted because I happened to read the thread in hangout too on the same subject and didnt notice that it was not the same thread as this one. I thought they were the same and felt it was a bit much. Sorry. *Bows out* :whistle:
I haven't seen the other thread, and I was probably too harsh in my opinion of the ring. I like unusual designs, I just think the setting does nothing for the stone. I think a yellow gold, pendant setting and some accent stones would make the color pop better. But I apologize if my comment was offensive. I would never criticise someone's ring on here and hurt their feelings.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Type IIa diamonds are free from nitrogen or hydrogen. They are transparent for SW UV ( diamond spotter but you can easily build your own with a piece of scheelite, a SWUV lamp and an not transparent box - put the lamp in the box, turn it on and put the diamond on a little hole in the box - put the scheelite above the diamond and if the scheelite glows blue it is a IIa - Ia or Ib and the scheelite will be inert). Protect always your eyes using UV light.

Plastic deformation is responsilbe for most brown diamonds - the rare IIa can be „repaired“ by HPHT and transformed in colorless diamond.

The Argyle diamonds are mostly Ia with different nitrogen content - often IaA<B.

There is a fantastic article about the pink diamonds in GIA Winter 2018 - free download!
Stumbled on this earlier - a great graphic on the atomic differences between the various diamond types is not far from the top of the page!
https://www.gia.edu/identifying-lab-grown-diamonds

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Needs more prongs to secure it but I like it! Looks sparkly and it’s a bright almost yellowish FCD.
I agree, more prongs would make me less nervous about wearing it. But if it came out you'd hear it hit the ground.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results