shape
carat
color
clarity

Scariest thing you’ve found in your house

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not this house but my old Austin house had a tarantula, they are really good for bugs etc BUT I asked it to leave, nicely, 3x and it wouldn't comply :( had to do something :( but no more tarantula's in my house ever.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a coral snake too! the pix is on my old laptop tho, I may have it on FB so I will take a look over there. is yours in the pool? ours was wrapped around the skimmer, my husband almost fainted. THEY got it out (son, husband and my son's friend) and it went away into the bushes, but a week later our neighbor found it in his garage and he killed it :(

okay I had in my photos on FB.. sorry about the smallness and the 8 years ago but that was all I could find, once I downloaded ALL my photos from FB and I have no clue where I put them :)

coral.jpg

Two summers ago we had a coral snake (most venomous snake in the US) 0_20180921_085544.jpg in the living room! My husband vacuumed it up with a shop vac. I thought I was going to have a heart attack!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No @Tekate it was in the living room!!! I actually see them a few times a year outside but seeing it INSIDE was more than I could handle.

After my husband caught it with a shop vac, he asked me my plans for the day. I replied, "definitely stress shopping!"

ETA that is a picture of the snake in the shop vac.

Oh and I never open the skimmers without a long pole! There's always some critter in those!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YUP! one time my husband was in Israel and I had pool duty I opened the skimmer and there were 2 DEAD huge RATS, I tried to get my then 16 yr old son to take them out but he was too chicken! hahaha so I got the barbecue tongs had my 12 yr old son standing by with the huge, black garbage bag we used for leaves and in they went.. pools can house many dead AND alive things :)

in YOUR house, a coral.. whew, now they are shy, they rarely bite unless really provoked but the problem is, you're dead because in the USA there is no anti venom as coral snake bites are so rare.

BE CAREFUL! :) xo

No @Tekate it was in the living room!!! I actually see them a few times a year outside but seeing it INSIDE was more than I could handle.

After my husband caught it with a shop vac, he asked me my plans for the day. I replied, "definitely stress shopping!"

ETA that is a picture of the snake in the shop vac.

Oh and I never open the skimmers without a long pole! There's always some critter in those!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Wasp. When one of those gets in the house I could faint. I hate them.

i keep the wasp spray handy and while I know it is not recommended for use indoors I still will use it. Wasps terrify me...I lose my mind. As a young teenager I stripped of my Easter dress in the driveway while my family watched from the car because a wasp flew into me and fell down the front my dress. Needless to say it's a favorite family story to this day. I also suspect I am allergic now so I don't take any risks.

Last edited:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i keep the wasp spray handy and while I know it is not recommended for use indoors I still will use it. Wasps terrify me...I lose my mind. As a young teenager I stripped of my Easter dress in the driveway while my family watched from the car because a wasp flew into me and fell down the front my dress. Needless to say it's a favorite family story to this day. I also suspect I am allergic now so I don't take any risks.

wasps, yellowjackets, hornets- ANYTHING like that. I lose my mind. I'd empty a whole can. :lol:

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
wasps, yellowjackets, hornets- ANYTHING like that. I lose my mind. I'd empty a whole can. :lol:

II'm really ok with honey bees and bumble bees but all those you mentioned.., just no. I almost jumped off the roof of a camper to get away from angry wasps. I could seriously hurt myself or someone else. I NEVER leave my car windows cracked in the summer because if there was ever a wasp in the car I fear I could not control myself while driving. I might need therapy, lol.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoooey, so glad we don't have anything like that where I live... No venomous snakes, thank goodness, no venomous spiders either...

A friend's friend has bedbugs. That sounds really scary.

Fortunately in my own house I'm with @Asscherhalo_lover ... My MIL takes that prize by far

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
II'm really ok with honey bees and bumble bees but all those you mentioned.., just no. I almost jumped off the roof of a camper to get away from angry wasps. I could seriously hurt myself or someone else. I NEVER leave my car windows cracked in the summer because if there was ever a wasp in the car I fear I could not control myself while driving. I might need therapy, lol.

one day on the way home from the beach in the Jeep with its top off a wasp slammed into me
i had no idea what it was but it hurt like a hot poker - i thought it was like a nerve going crazy or a vein popping or something
got home still not knowing what it was and a dead wasp feel out of my shirt

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
one day on the way home from the beach in the Jeep with its top off a wasp slammed into me
i had no idea what it was but it hurt like a hot poker - i thought it was like a nerve going crazy or a vein popping or something
got home still not knowing what it was and a dead wasp feel out of my shirt

Yikes...That terrifies me. A few years ago i was driving with DH in the car and when I checked the mirror i saw from the corner of my eye what looked like a wing of a wasp in my hair. I was not calm and barely coherent as I attempted to see if I could somehow stop the car...fortunately we were on a 35MPH street but with a turning lane and somewhat busy, not highway speeds. I just kept telling DH to get it out, GET IT OUT of my hair. Poor guy was so confused And didn’t know what to do. When i finally could stop the car I looked in the mirror and it was just my hair clip. :???:
In my defense...it’s my only (mostly) irrational fear. I have had increasingly bad reactions to stings and my other allergies have increased over the years so that now I must carry epi pens. I’ve never needed to use one but my throat has gotten tight several times...it is very scary. I don’t want to even get close to a wasp.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes...That terrifies me. A few years ago i was driving with DH in the car and when I checked the mirror i saw from the corner of my eye what looked like a wing of a wasp in my hair. I was not calm and barely coherent as I attempted to see if I could somehow stop the car...fortunately we were on a 35MPH street but with a turning lane and somewhat busy, not highway speeds. I just kept telling DH to get it out, GET IT OUT of my hair. Poor guy was so confused And didn’t know what to do. When i finally could stop the car I looked in the mirror and it was just my hair clip. :???:
In my defense...it’s my only (mostly) irrational fear. I have had increasingly bad reactions to stings and my other allergies have increased over the years so that now I must carry epi pens. I’ve never needed to use one but my throat has gotten tight several times...it is very scary. I don’t want to even get close to a wasp.

the winter is your friend !
ive actually noticed quite a few wasps on my walk to the shop - another got reason to stay home
there is lots of fallen fruit in people's yards
i kind of thing - Gee could no one find a use for that ? :(2

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Not in this house but when I lived in Florida. We found scorpions!!! I am so glad my cats did not get hurt. Or us! Now I just find spiders sometimes. I hate bugs though. I'm terrified of them but their home is outside. They should stay there. Cross my threshold and you (bugs) are very likely to die unless my husband wants to be the rescuer.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
This was on my front room ceiling this morning. Look it's huge and it definitely wanted to eat me for breakfast! :eek2: :lol: I am such a wuss!

20200419_104458.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results