shape
carat
color
clarity

SCARED OF PAVE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
I am researching 2 different setting for my 2 carat RB. I am in love with the Danhov ME6 setting http://www.jamesallen.com/designer-jewelry/meno_collection_by_danhov.asp?module=setting&cid=294&item=88 but i am very worried about the pave. I have had one pave RHR and 2 diamonds have fallen out. Granted the RHR was bought of ebay and was not manufactued by a top designer.

Does anyone have any opinions on pave and if i should continue to persue this setting.
The other setting i had in mind was a Leon Mege 3 stone classic with baguettes.

Thanks for your input.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d take the Leon any day. It''ll never go out of style and I think the other one could, or you''d be more likely to get tired of it. I think pave is less risky for right hand rings that aren''t worn all the time, although some is better made than others.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
How hard are you on your rings? How hard on them do you plan to be? My halo ring is very delicate and I am very careful with it while wearing it. I don''t wear it when I''m going to be rough with my hands. That''s something to consider when choosing your type of setting.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
there is a great thread on the loss of pave stones here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-angle-addressing-the-loss-of-pave-stones.36139/

My feeling is that no matter who makes the ring there is a chance a stone will fall out. Obviously, the method the ring was made may play a part and there is some truth to getting what you pay for. There is a huge difference b/t a pave ring and a classic 3 stone with baguettes. Each are beautiful in their own way. I think if you choose a pave ring you need to be prepared to baby the ring a bit more than the 3 stone, it's up to you whether that's worth it or not.

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your feedback Diamondseeker and Firegoddes.

Diamondseeker- I do LOVE the Leon setting and that is the one i had my eye on first. However, i think the Halo setting by Danhov will make my center stone appear bigger. That is the reason I was contemplating that ring.

Firegoddess- I am very careful with my rings, and i don''t understand why I lost the 2 stones in the pave RHR setting. I think it could be because i bought off ebay.

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
Thank you mrssalvo. That is what i thought, there is always a possibilty that a stone may fall out. I really don''t want to deal with the hassle of that. I love the way pave looks but i think it is just not practical.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2007 4:32:54 PM
Author: Lucyh
Firegoddess- I am very careful with my rings, and i don''t understand why I lost the 2 stones in the pave RHR setting. I think it could be because i bought off ebay.
That''s possible, it may just not have been made well. But the reason I asked the question was that it is something to consider now that you have 2 very different options for your ring...pave/halo versus 3 stone. The pave ring will require you to be more careful with it than the 3 stone. But the halo will make the stone appear bigger.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I love the setting you picked. It''s so pretty!

My ring is 3 sided pave, and I have had no trouble with it at all. Of course mine isn''t a complete eternity band, the diamonds only go 1/2 way or 3/4s around, so that may have something to do with the stabillity. I''m not too hard on my rings--although I also don''t worry too much about being gentle when I am wearing them. I take them off to do cleaning and cooking and to go to the gym or any time I get in water.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucy, let me just add that a 2 carat stone looks plenty big to most people without a halo!

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
Diamondseeker, it is funny you mention that, my husband thinks the same. But the cut of my 2 carat has the spread of a 1.75. I bought my diamond before i discovered pricescope
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I see! Well, you''re in good company! My first diamond was not quite PS quality either! But thank goodness I found PS before the last one!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
pave stones pop out. plain and simple. regardless of the quality, there have been threads on here about leon mege pave stones coming out. I love my custom pave halo, however, between my ering and wband, a stone pops out every six months or so..... I dont mind taking it in, it costs about $50 to have a stone put in and have them tighten it.

I have considered getting another ring (3 stone vatche to be exact), but that wont happen for a few years. so i guess, my advice would be it depends on what you like. I adore the look of pave and am a little hard on it, so it doesnt bother me to replace, just dont expect it to never POP!

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
That is what i thought msflutter. I did read some of the threads on pave and i figured that the stones may eventually fall out, i just did not want to admit that this really may happen. So now I will have to think long and hard about whether to get the pave setting or leon 3 stone. I am going to look at the pave setting next weekend. I will let you all know when i finally decide. Thanks for all the great advice.
26.gif
26.gif
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results