shape
carat
color
clarity

Scam Alert - Yosef Adde D3luxe/Luxewholesalediamonds.com

tunedin34

Rough_Rock
In reference to my previous post about my experience with Yosef Adde from Luxewholesalediamonds.com.

Here is where it began,
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/newb-here-can-you-identify-this-setting.185497/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/newb-here-can-you-identify-this-setting.185497/[/URL]

As you may have read, I was looking to copy a nice engagement ring design for my future bride. Mr. Adde responded to my post/emails with a fair quote and seemed nice and knowledgeable at the time. We agreed on terms and contracted to build the ring in question. I paid extra to put a rush delivery on the ring so it would arrive in time for my wedding on March 1 2013. We had about 3 weeks to get this all done and ready to go. I was fairly excited.

I supplied a Visa card for payment in which it was a business card with a PO Box billing address. Mr Adde asked that I supply another card with the same billing address to which we could ship the ring to upon completion. I had no problem with that as I understood the process. I provided a 2nd Visa card for the total of $3500+/-

I received the ring on the expected time frame we agreed on which Mr Adde promised would be the same design as the picture I sent to him, it was not, clearly. Now we have a problem....

The solitaire setting area was incorrectly copied causing the diamond (2.5 karat) to sit about twice as high as it was supposed to. It looked ridiculous... In addition to this the 18k white gold ring had lots of unpolished areas on it that looked black or dark in color. The diamonds on the sides were quoted to be SI1 clarity, G-H and they looked like yellow hazey costume jewelry. Then I looked closer and the small diamonds on the sides showed a few of them to be sitting crooked. Yet, this was acceptable and shipped to me by Mr Adde.

I expressed my concerns to Mr Adde and he told me I could send it back and pay a restocking fee, I nearly fell out of my chair! I argued and pleaded with him for 2 days explaining how he made a some large mistakes in the design and we aren't even addressing the diamond quality issues yet. We were 4 days from my wedding and I had no time to let him try and correct the issue. Even if I did have the time I would never deal with him again after his display of complete incompetence.

Finally, he decided to take the ring back for a 100% refund, no restocking fee. I sent the ring back and waited for my refund. Well, I waited and waited and waited some more, no refund! After all of this crap enough of his excuses as to why I didn't have my refund I just called Visa and disputed the charges. This guy is a typical shyster.

HERE IS THE BEST PART: Today I found out that Mr Adde had processed a charge on my first credit card that I provided him (the one with the PO Box address that we didnt use) for $5375. What was this for? I certainly didn't buy anything else from this bum. It was clear to me that this was most likely intentional fraud.

See below,
03/06/2013 -5,375.00 CHECKCARD 0305 D3LUXE 888-5893242 CA 24717056410641721103 CKCD 5944...
Edit description

I called his cell number and he did not answer of course. I called him from another number that he didnt know and he picked right up, Shocker!! He told me he could not help me and to call Visa....Nice response pal....

There you have it. I have almost $9000 on dispute with this reject. He clearly is no morality and jumps from company to company scamming people.

I hope this saves someone some headaches in the future.

Buyer Beware:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/refund-problems-with-d3luxe-luxe-and-the-owner-yosef-adde.162058/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/refund-problems-with-d3luxe-luxe-and-the-owner-yosef-adde.162058/[/URL]

Bankruptcy filing:
Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2009 (Case 0934836 - Central District CA bk court - in case there is anything in docs that could help you at all).

Another Lawsuit:
http://www.legalmetric.com/cases/patent/cacd/cacd_204cv04017.html

Here is his information so that you or anyone reading this post can stay far away from him. I attached his picture also

Luxewholesalediamonds.com
www.luxechains.com
Adylon
D3Luxe Inc

Yosef Adde

Luxe Wholesale Diamonds
www.LuxeWholesaleDiamonds.com
888.LUXE.WHO

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock
WOW. So sorry you have to go thru this. Did you know of ANY of this BEFORE you purchased from this scumbag? In hindsight, it should have been done first, but I'd be super pissed. Can you contact the authorities? Your bank/CC should back you up. I hope that scumbag gets what's coming for him.

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock
Since you have his cell, I'd text bomb like crazy just to mess with him. Dude, I'd be pissed. He looks like a d-bag too. Especially with that shirt and collar.

wbarnwell

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh. That is terrible. I hope you have already filed criminal charges against him. Best of luck.

Does anyone know what happened to "dmb4ever"?? I read that thread, and I'm curious to know if they ever got their money back.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I'm so sorry. I WISH I would have seen your thread where you were looking for someone to replicate that setting and you decided to go with him. ;( If I had seen it in time, I would have warned you to stay away from him. I hope Visa fixes this for you. What a horrible, horrible person this guy is. So sorry!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your wedding by the way! Sorry you had to deal with this guy during what should be a fun and happy time.

tunedin34

Rough_Rock
I actually did some light Goggling before I decided to hire him. I also posted on the forum to see if anyone could chime in. I should have spent more time researching but with the wedding Its fair to say I was stressed out a tad lol.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
ugh, sounds HORRIBLE! I'm so sorry this has happened. I'm sure your credit card will do the right thing

Laila619|1363113870|3402987 said:
Oh I'm so sorry. I WISH I would have seen your thread where you were looking for someone to replicate that setting and you decided to go with him. ;( If I had seen it in time, I would have warned you to stay away from him. I hope Visa fixes this for you. What a horrible, horrible person this guy is. So sorry!

Laila, have you worked with them before?

tunedin34

Rough_Rock
I never had.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mico|1363116930|3403039 said:
ugh, sounds HORRIBLE! I'm so sorry this has happened. I'm sure your credit card will do the right thing

Mico, no, I never worked with him before. But in this thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/refund-problems-with-d3luxe-luxe-and-the-owner-yosef-adde.162058/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/refund-problems-with-d3luxe-luxe-and-the-owner-yosef-adde.162058/[/URL] I tried to help the original poster and actually got this Yosef guy on the phone. He is nothing but a liar and a BSer.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank goodness you used a credit card! This guy belongs in JAIL! That definitely goes beyond simply not refunding your money!

I hope you were able to get your diamond reset into a solitaire or something for the wedding!

Next time, come here and we know who the good setting vendors are!!!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I just dialed his number and he answered ohhhhhh

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Laila619 said:
Mico|1363116930|3403039 said:

Mico, no, I never worked with him before. But in this thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/refund-problems-with-d3luxe-luxe-and-the-owner-yosef-adde.162058/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/refund-problems-with-d3luxe-luxe-and-the-owner-yosef-adde.162058/[/URL] I tried to help the original poster and actually got this Yosef guy on the phone. He is nothing but a liar and a BSer.

Yikes! I've been lurking looking for vendors people have been happy with in the hopes of finding a good restoration bench that doesn't require shipping, and two posts have been made that are making me rethink even doing it!

Thanks for the link :)

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
The sad thing is that we have seen 3 people scammed by him. I can only imagine how many others are out there that we don't know about. Maybe the OP should contact the internet fraud division, if there is one, and supply a printout of the other 2 victims on here. maybe they will see a pattern and do something. At least the OP used a credit card. Even though this experience is scary, there are a lot of honest vendors that we see on this site. I'll stick with them.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
What ever happened with this story OP?

dmd4ever

Shiny_Rock
Very sorry to see someone else scammed by this guy. I've been away from Pricescope for quite a while, but just updated my thread, which is linked above. Long story short, I never received a diamond or any of my $20,500 back. Wish you had seen that post! Hope all worked out as you at least used a credit card.

matt_Z

Rough_Rock
I came across this thread after I had begun discussing an engagement ring purchase from Yosef. I can't tell you enough how happy I am that I did not let this thread persuade me into looking elsewhere for a jeweler.

I had a very particular idea for a ring that I was looking for... I sent Yosef some ideas from things I had seen online, and he designed a beautiful setting -- better than I ever could have imagined.

Out of no fault of his own, the ring wasn't ready when my fiancee-to-be and I were leaving the states for vacation in Mexico -- a vacation I had planned a proposal around. We looked into ways to ship the ring to our resort when the ring was ready a day later, but couldn't find proper insurance to safely ship the ring with. Rather than shipping the ring high-risk without proper insurance, Yosef PERSONALLY FLEW TO MEXICO AND DELIVERED THE RING TO ME AT THE AIRPORT IN PERSON so that I could proceed with my proposal as planned, in Mexico. I can't say enough how grateful I was that he went out of his way and above and beyond to make this work. And, she said yes!

I'd recommend Yosef and Luxe Diamonds to anyone.

Here's a link with the post from May 29, 2014 showing a picture of Yosef and I at the Cabo airport.
https://www.facebook.com/LuxeWholesaleDiamonds

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
Still sounds like a jerk and a crook. I'm sorry a man like that has anyone's money, but I'm glad you're happy. Do get the ring appraised from an independent appraiser (https://www.pricescope.com/appraisers) and verify that everything is as described.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
matt_Z|1403051006|3695358 said:
I came across this thread after I had begun discussing an engagement ring purchase from Yosef. I can't tell you enough how happy I am that I did not let this thread persuade me into looking elsewhere for a jeweler.

I had a very particular idea for a ring that I was looking for... I sent Yosef some ideas from things I had seen online, and he designed a beautiful setting -- better than I ever could have imagined.

Out of no fault of his own, the ring wasn't ready when my fiancee-to-be and I were leaving the states for vacation in Mexico -- a vacation I had planned a proposal around. We looked into ways to ship the ring to our resort when the ring was ready a day later, but couldn't find proper insurance to safely ship the ring with. Rather than shipping the ring high-risk without proper insurance, Yosef PERSONALLY FLEW TO MEXICO AND DELIVERED THE RING TO ME AT THE AIRPORT IN PERSON so that I could proceed with my proposal as planned, in Mexico. I can't say enough how grateful I was that he went out of his way and above and beyond to make this work. And, she said yes!

Here's a link with the post from May 29, 2014 showing a picture of Yosef and I at the Cabo airport.

Cool story bro!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
This smells like a three-day-old mackerel.
Facebook post or not.
I'm calling bullshit.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
texaskj|1403055363|3695408 said:
Facebook post or not.
I'm calling bullshit.

Pretty much.

Even if it's true, great, then what? So he only screws 2 out of every 3 clients? But he's honest every once in a while? That's not a gamble I'd ever be willing to take.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
:lol: :lol: This is BS!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1403057742|3695426 said:
texaskj|1403055363|3695408 said:
Facebook post or not.
I'm calling bullshit.

Pretty much.

Even if it's true, great, then what? So he only screws 2 out of every 3 clients? But he's honest every once in a while? That's not a gamble I'd ever be willing to take.
If my math is correct then his customer will get screw 66.3% of the time... :lol:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yosef probably took his whole family and had a holiday in Mexico while spending all the money of the many customers he has ripped off - & that is why he looks so freakin' happy in those pics!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm, sorry, someone who steals $20k from customers belongs in JAIL!!!!! :angryfire:

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock

You're saying this guy doesn't know how to ship internationally?

How does a supposed diamond dealer not understand international insurance?

To me, it would be a major sign of incompetence if this guy couldn't figure out another way to get this delivered other than flying all the way to Mexico. If this is a concierge service for a major client it makes sense, but as a solution to not understanding how to ship, it is shame-worthy and embarrassing.

Whether this is real or not, it makes Yosef and Luxe Diamonds seem LESS credible and more incompetent.

Roqsteady

Shiny_Rock

Out of no fault of his own, the ring wasn't ready when my fiancee-to-be and I were leaving the states for vacation in Mexico -- a vacation I had planned a proposal around. We looked into ways to ship the ring to our resort when the ring was ready a day later, but couldn't find proper insurance to safely ship the ring with. Rather than shipping the ring high-risk without proper insurance, Yosef PERSONALLY FLEW TO MEXICO ON HIS PLANE OF BS AND DELIVERED THE RING TO ME AT THE AIRPORT IN PERSON so that I could proceed with my proposal as planned, in Mexico. I can't say enough how grateful I was that he went out of his way and above and beyond to make this work. And, she said yes!

How much more obviously fake can you make this when you resurrect two ancient threads with the same exact copy and paste post? Seriously. Btw, I fixed your post.

For what it's worth, this customer got exactly the ring he asked for, after making several revisions, CAD drawings, etc and gave me exactly 6 DAYS to make and deliver his rings, which I did. When I showed him the CAD drawings he replied back to me:

" My fiance saw the design and said..."Can I have that now?" lol "

Of course they were delivered on him and to exact spec. He accused me of under-carating the accent diamonds of his ring and said diamonds were cloudy and ugly and "completely foggy". That was ridiculous because they were SI1/G-H. Even SI2-I1/J/K would look decent. I told him he was acting crazy, I know it was 3-4 days away from his wedding, asked him to prove it by getting it appraised. He refused. I told him I would make him new rings in 3 days in time for his wedding with bigger diamonds (for an extra amount of course). Again he refused. I didn't want to deal with him anymore so I told him to send it back and he would be refunded. Keep in mind he made several changes, and was billed several times back and forth under more than 1 card and yes, there was a billing error that was corrected. Eventually all it got sorted out and he got a full refund. So there you go.

By the way, as I'm writing this, the LA Kings literally just drove by my office in their parade holding the Stanley Cup, here in Redondo Beach.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results