shape
carat
color
clarity

Newb here: Can you Identify this setting?

tunedin34

Rough_Rock
Hi guys -

My name is Steve and I live in Miami Fl, I am a newbie around here so go easy on me!

I am getting married in 3 weeks and I finally found a setting for my Fiances solitaire diamond ring that we want to upgrade to. The local jeweler is asking $4500 for this setting in platinum. It has 8 side diamonds at .70wt.

We like the "u" design and the lack of metal under the solitaire. There is a space where you can see through the ring under the diamond as well.

We are on a budget so I thought maybe someone here might have some tips or tricks to locating or getting this setting designed for a fair amount. Im not to picky with the side stone quality.

Is this design available as stock at other jewelers that you guys may know of?

I submitted a custom design quote from Brian Gavin just to see what that looks like but it may be costly.

What do you guys think?

Keep in mind the Jeweler placed a loose stone in the setting which is why it looks a bit funny in the images.

setting_4.jpg

setting_5.jpg

setting_2.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mark Morrell makes a very fine quality ring with a similar shank but the head is different. Of course when you have something custom made, you can change whatever you want. I do think that ring is over priced. I'll look for others but you are not likely to get this done before the wedding, I assume you realize that. Also, she would have to wear a spacer ring between this style ring and the diamond wedding band because they would destroy each other with diamond edges hitting diamond edges.

http://www.mwmjewelry.com/D_J_2-653ct_wed_set/

bigdiamondtinygal

Shiny_Rock
For some reason, I think that looks similar to a hearts on fire setting or perhaps a memoire setting that I've seen around here before.

Here is a similar hearts on fire setting:

http://www.michaelcfina.com/engagement-wedding-rings/engagement-rings/hearts-on-fire-platinum-10-stone-diamond-setting-HBSDES0070PLD.html??

I'm sure that many pricescope vendors can replicate that setting for you. The Mark Morell version diamondseeker posted would surely be lovely! I would think that Mark Turnowski or even whiteflash could make you a replica too.

tunedin34

Rough_Rock
Ill check into those links you guys provided. It looks like I need a custom setting to create the same style.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Custom will be your best bet. And that way you control the quality of the sidestones, etc. and can have the matching wedding band made. Just remember the spacer ring! I'd probably recommend Victor Canera, Steven Kirsch, or Mark Morrell for this project.

tunedin34

Rough_Rock
Hey all -- I hired Yosef Adde from Luxewholesalediamonds.com to make the custom setting. He seemed very knowledgeable and his price is right.

We put a rush on the order so I can have the ring in time for the wedding.

I will post some final pictures once we get it back on Feb 22nd or so. I hope it comes out fantastic!

Has anyone had a look at his custom settings before?

tunedin34

Rough_Rock
Hey guys,

I have some updates about my horrid experience with Mr. Yosef Adde from Luxe Wholesale Diamonds, Aka De3luxe or whatever other alias' this crook has.

As previously stated Mr. Yosef Adde was hired to copy the ring design posted above. He delivered a terrible copy that did not resemble the ring in question, blatant sloppy work. I could not present it to my fiance as it was embarrassing.

Ill start a new thread shortly so that everyone can be aware that this person is not to be trusted. Not only did he not deliver anything close to what was promised he also fraudulently charged my credit card for an additional $5315.00 3 weeks after I returned the shoddy ring back to him for no apparent reason at all.

If I only would have found out about this post prior to hiring him to create my engagement ring...

Buyer Beware:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/refund-problems-with-d3luxe-luxe-and-the-owner-yosef-adde.162058/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/refund-problems-with-d3luxe-luxe-and-the-owner-yosef-adde.162058/[/URL]

Here is his information so that you or anyone reading this post can stay far away from him.

Luxewholesalediamonds.com

Yosef Adde

Luxe Wholesale Diamonds
www.LuxeWholesaleDiamonds.com
888.LUXE.WHO

Another more detailed post to follow...

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock
this sorry SOB is a member here?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results