shape
carat
color
clarity

Say hello to my new little friend!

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
So a few years back I had DK remake my engagement ring after it was damaged by a the store it was purchased from. I adore that ring. Fast forward about 5 years, I got to wear that ring about a year before my now ex-husband imploded our marriage with his affair and pathological lying. Turns out I married a narcissist. *facepalm* . So my poor ring that had so much effort and love put into fixing, has been sitting in a box in my safe being neglected. Enter my new beauty. 20200702_184306.jpg
I have been looking for a while, for a stone I could have reset into my ring so I can get her out in the open to enjoy again, and this little thing just had me memorized when I saw it.

It's obviously a radiant. 1.05 caret, w-x, vvs2. Ex polish, very good symmetry and faint fluorescence.
It does have an EKT girdle, which I know is not ideal because it holds weight there, but I needed something to fit in the dimensions of my existing ring and this width wise is perfect!

After I enjoy it for a day or two, my ring and stone will make the journey to DK to be re-set.
I had been thinking maybe it would be good to add a cup under to make it look more fancy in color, but, seeing it in person, I may just leave it as it.
Anyway, I just needed to share my joy at the prospect of my much loved ring being brought back to life! 20200702_184711.jpg

Last edited:

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stone and I would vote to cup it... it will amp up the colour.
Also- it may be an area difficult to clean???? Ultrasonic should work??

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
Thats awesome, I love the stone! My ex was a narc, too, I'm sorry for what you went through.

Thank you, Inked! It was quite a shock when I finally figured it out. We were more than a year into seperation because he refused to do what I asked regarding the affair (was with a coworker and he would not get a different job and so on). I read the description of a covert narc, it was like someone who knew him wrote it. I was stunned, but it did make our entire relationship make a lot more sense!
I'm sorry for your experience also!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
You have a beautiful diamond! I am thrilled for you :kiss2: And I'm so sorry what you went through. I can relate. All I can say thank goodness you are out and no longer have to deal with him. You deserve a beautiful life!

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
You have a beautiful diamond! I am thrilled for you :kiss2: And I'm so sorry what you went through. I can relate. All I can say thank goodness you are out and no longer have to deal with him. You deserve a beautiful life!

Thank you! I really appreciate everyone's support!

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Wow what a gorgeous color and so shimmery!! I've seen examples of Alex Park's beautiful cup work and how it enhances color if you're interested in checking it out! But I think it looks stunning as is also.

So sorry to hear about your experience with your ex, I wasn't engaged to my ex but his pathological lying and the way he would get me to believe his cheating and lies confounds me to this day. Hopefully this will help you heal with the ring you love!!

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: My word, that is stunning! Congratulations :) Can't wait to see the finished ring!

Narcissists are hard to spot at first. They are charming and make everything about you for a while (called "love bombing"). Don't feel bad about not seeing that initially; there is a reason they are insidious.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! This will look amazing & you will rock it, all as your own without any connection!

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
Wow what a gorgeous color and so shimmery!! I've seen examples of Alex Park's beautiful cup work and how it enhances color if you're interested in checking it out! But I think it looks stunning as is also.

So sorry to hear about your experience with your ex, I wasn't engaged to my ex but his pathological lying and the way he would get me to believe his cheating and lies confounds me to this day. Hopefully this will help you heal with the ring you love!!

Thank you Moonie! I actually got this stone from Alex and in the listing he had a shot of it cupped and actually that's why I thought I might like it, but seeing in person I'm not sure. This is the link of you are interested

Moonie

Shiny_Rock

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
I just want to say thank you to everyone who commented on not only my stone, but my situation in general. Those of you who have been down the same road know how completely mind boggling it can to be to have someone be able to convince you that up is down and left is right. I truly appreciate everyone's support and well wishes. You all are a great bunch! ❤

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
I just want to say thank you to everyone who commented on not only my stone, but my situation in general. Those of you who have been down the same road know how completely mind boggling it can to be to have someone be able to convince you that up is down and left is right. I truly appreciate everyone's support and well wishes. You all are a great bunch! ❤

Congrats on finding this piece of sunshine! It will one hundred percent brighten your day each time you wear her.

Big Also - congrats on getting rid of that good for nothin.

Wishing you happy days ahead.=)2

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
Ok. Opinions needed. David responded with the following questions 1) Do you want me to make the new head out of 14k yellow gold to bring out the yellow shade of the stone? 2) do you want me try and get the stone lower set in more of a basket setting.

I had not considered either of these things. I did assume a different head style would be needed due to the size/shape of the stone, so that's not really a surprise, I don't mind baskets and I want to have a setting that is secure/going to protect the stone in the long term. But a yellow gold head in a white gold setting was not on my radar.
Does anyone have an examples of this? I tried searching but have only come up with the opposite, yellow gold settings with white gold heads.
I asked him if I decide to keep the head white gold head, if he though a cup would work. He thinks that might make the stone a bit too high, but, he said he could paint yellow inside a white gold head to bring more yellow out.
I told him I need to try and picture those options in my head and would get back to him soon.

Opinions/any examples?

Last edited:

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Ok. Opinions needed. David responded with the following questions 1) Do you want me to make the new head out of 14k yellow gold to bring out the yellow shade of the stone? 2) do you want me try and get the stone lower set in more of a basket setting.

I had not considered either of these things. I did assume a different head style would be needed due to the size/shape of the stone, so that's not really a surprise, I don't mind baskets and I want to have a setting that is secure/going to protect the stone in the long term. But a yellow gold head in a white gold setting was not on my radar.
Does anyone have an examples of this? I tried searching but have only come up with the opposite, yellow gold settings with white gold heads.
I asked him if I decide to keep the head white gold head, if he though a cup would work. He thinks that might make the stone a bit too high, but, he said he could paint yellow inside a white gold head to bring more yellow out.
I told him I need to try and picture those options in my head and would get back to him soon.

Opinions/any examples?

Personally, I would definitely go with the yellow gold head. And the lower basket setting. I had put my intense green yellow in silver temporarily so I could wear it until I got around to getting it set. The difference was amazing - the white metal just seemed to suck the color out of the diamond.

(I bought a fancy yellow from DBL that was set in a white gold head. I kept the band, but replaced the head with a yellow gold head set very low. Big difference there, too.)

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock

Opinions/any examples?

What do you all think about rose gold? My only hesitation with the yellow gold basket is I wear virtually no yellow gold. It's just never been my favorite. But I do wear rose gold.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Can David take a picture of it in rose gold? I had a leaky little yellow diamond that I set in rose and it made it look 'muddy'. (Not saying that yours is leaky, lol! It just kind of put me off of rose gold for yellow)

Or maybe a white gold band with just a yellow gold head?

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
Can David take a picture of it in rose gold? I had a leaky little yellow diamond that I set in rose and it made it look 'muddy'. (Not saying that yours is leaky, lol! It just kind of put me off of rose gold for yellow)

Or maybe a white gold band with just a yellow gold head?

Good idea, I'll ask him!
The band is definitely going to stay white gold. Just trying to decide what to do with the color for the head.

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
I'm going to go with the white gold basket head with the inside painted with yellow gold. I just can't convince myself that a yellow gold head is what I want, I really just don't love yellow gold *shrug*
He also said he thought rose gold would give it a champagne reflection which isn't exactly that look I'm going for.
Thanks for your input everyone!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I am in love with your stone! You deserve a treat after all you've been through. And I 100% support diamonds as a treat!

I also have a alphabet yellow X-Y diamond! They are sooooo pretty, such a wonderful yellow color without the outrageous 'fancy yellow' price.
Can't wait to see it once you set it! please update us with photos! <3

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
I am in love with your stone! You deserve a treat after all you've been through. And I 100% support diamonds as a treat!

I also have a alphabet yellow X-Y diamond! They are sooooo pretty, such a wonderful yellow color without the outrageous 'fancy yellow' price.
Can't wait to see it once you set it! please update us with photos! <3

Thank you for your kindness! I'm (im)patiently waiting for an update from DK. I know it's just a minor job for him compared to most, so I'm not expecting it to take priority, just over here longing :)

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results