shape
carat
color
clarity

New ring with mixed yellow and white gold.. Thoughts ?

yas999

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone..

Just got my new ring and I wanted to share it! It's a 1.5 K color diomond. Since I couldn't decide f I wanted it set in yellow or white gold (I love both for different reasons) I went with a combo of both metals!! I thought that since my diamond was a K, having it in a yellow gold basket may benefit the look of he diamond. What are your thoughts??

_13964.jpg

yas999

Rough_Rock
Another picture with my gold band

_13965.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh beautiful ! Tell me your thought process. Why head yellow shank white and not vice versa. How do you feel about the yellow next to the stone???

I love it.

yas999

Rough_Rock
With my old white gold band stacked on top

_13966.jpg

yas999

Rough_Rock
Another

_13967.jpg

yas999

Rough_Rock
So the reason why I did the head/basket in yellow was because I thought it would help hide the yellow in the diamond. I am not so sure that worked and if a white head and yellow band would have been better. But I wanted a white band because when I imagine getting an anniversary band with large stones in the future, I would want it in white gold and would want this band to match.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a huge fan of two tone jewelry! I think it looks great!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yas999|1390438136|3599043 said:
So the reason why I did the head/basket in yellow was because I thought it would help hide the yellow in the diamond. I am not so sure that worked and if a white head and yellow band would have been better. But I wanted a white band because when I imagine getting an anniversary band with large stones in the future, I would want it in white gold and would want this band to match.

What I have actually seen in person that I think would look best is when I lower color diamond is itself set in white gold or platinum and then if the band is yellow gold and you want diamonds have it set with yellow diamonds. Then you get great contrast between the white of the center diamond and the yellow of the smaller diamonds in the band. I personally only like yellow diamonds set into yellow gold, it's an amazing look.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The thing I like about this is that it does look two toned. Yellow sank with white head wouldn't look two toned, it would just look like you were afraid to set your stone in the same color as the shank this looks deliberate. Beautiful.

Plus I've been waiting for someone to get that setting. It looks amazing.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE your ring - really really mean it - it's absolutely stunning!!!!! I don't particularly like the bands you have paired with it; excuse me, b/c I don't think you asked that, but I feel they distract from your beautiful ring. I think perhaps a band that totally matches the shank of your ring might look good - or something else..................

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it goes very well with your bands.
I too like mixing metals.

briolette

Shiny_Rock
I love the basket style. So pretty and I like mixed metals too!

LouMom

Rough_Rock
Yes, I love the basket and mixed metals. What setting is it?

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I love the combo! :appl: :love: :appl:

yas999

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!

AudiLover

Shiny_Rock
Love it! :love:

My wedding ring has white and yellow gold too and I am in love with the combo.

sherryd

Rough_Rock
I love that setting, such nice detail too! I mix yellow and white gold all the time, it's a unique look! I wanted to add some yellow gold accents in my custom made white gold engagement ring setting and my jeweler advised me not to...I wish I had insisted! Nice job! :appl:

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
I'm used to seeing mountings with a yellow shank to have a white basket but I love how you've switched it up, it made me do a double take and I'm sure people who you intract with during your everyday life will do the same, beautiful design choice :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful design, especially the head! Who made it? I think the yellow prongs may reflect in the stone and actually make it look more yellow than white, but it is a lovely combination!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm another one that likes to mix golds so I love your ring! I think it really allows
a lot of freedom when picking out your jewelry for the day.

Kudos for stepping out of the box!

Edit - to be honest, I'm not a big fan of the bar set ring with your engagement ring.
Your engagement ring is so delicate and beautiful and the bar set ring just seems too
contemporary to go with it. I think a band with the alternating millgrain squares and
Circles set with diamonds would be gorgeous! You could do it in either yellow gold
Or white! Anyway, I think you have lots of good future choices.

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Lovely rings! The two toned gold looks beautiful!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like two tone and I wear white and yellow together all the time. The look is timeless. Your ring is beautiful. Mix and match. Options are good! You won't get bored if you wear an assortment of bands.

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
I love two tone jewelry and I think you chose well. Lovely set :love:

yas999

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all the comments they are so flattering to read! I've been wearing it a few days and love it more and more. :) I agree that my old bar band doesn't look very good and im waiting until I can buy a new white gold band to stack. If anyone has links and suggestions that would be great!

The engagement ring is the lotus basket ring from James Allen but again with a custom request for yellow gold basket. They said they could also do rose gold in case anyone was interested :)

singer

Brilliant_Rock
I seriously LOVE it!! I would have done the exact same thing! My original e-ring setting had a yellow gold bezel with a white gold shank. I have never loved another ring as much as I loved that one! As the saying goes, grass is not always greener on the other side! How I miss that setting! :( Enjoy your beautiful new ring! It is gorgeous!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results