shape
carat
color
clarity

sapphires

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Both are beautiful sapphires. I look forward to seeing how you end up setting them!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, thank you all. I shall post daytime pics (one of these days...).
Lovinggems - I am seriously considering selling something that I have bought. Because I am only buying, and have no time or energy or money to set. I guess I joined the camp of PS-ers who buy stones rather than set them.
Hopefully, Gene's garnet will be set soon!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
crasru said:
I guess I joined the camp of PS-ers who buy stones rather than set them.

welcome to the club......!

MoZo

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
crasru said:
Thank you, thank you all. I shall post daytime pics (one of these days...).
Lovinggems - I am seriously considering selling something that I have bought. Because I am only buying, and have no time or energy or money to set. I guess I joined the camp of PS-ers who buy stones rather than set them.
Hopefully, Gene's garnet will be set soon!

I understand what you mean, you have too many beautiful stones that deserve a nice setting. :halo:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Half a year ago I was speaking to a jeweler in our area. I was always hunting for sapphires, just never buying them. And he asked me (he is Eastern European, so I have to translate literally), "and what are you buying sapphire for, for gorgeousness or for fun?"

It stuck in my head. When I am looking at these two blue pools, I want to sing, "for fun, for fun!"

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely stones Crasu. You definately shouldnt have felt insecure to post photos of these beauties.

I especially love the JeffW one.

Just a thought, but if you dont want to put diamonds with them how about white sapphires? (I would vote for diamond though - something as beautiful as the JW stone needs the best sparkles to go with it) :))

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so jealous! I love Garys.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny, isn't it? Jeff's is very nice, he told me that the color was very much similar to Arjunajane's. I think hers is better, but since I was chasing unheated one, it would be difficult to do better. And in Jeff's magical hands, it turned into a scintillating miracle.

Gary's initially was small, a native cut. He had to recut it because of extinction. He had very little "space" to work with, so it may not be a perfect cut, but the color became so juicy! I think that the right setting could minimize not-so-perfect cut. All that I can tell you, I went to many jewelers who sell their own stones and of course some of them are glorious (like a 4-ct Kashmir) but in most cases, the color of mine was better, more violet, more saturated. I did not have Jeff's in my hands at that time so I have to repeat the same trick with his one, just to see how it looks amont good (and not grey at all) stones that good jewelers sell.

One stone that I saw in the past, a perfect cut and color, 3-ct, cost $ 6K per carat. Of course, it was a B&M store but they sourced out a nice stone specially for me. So given our cutters' prices, I think I did not do too bad. Both of them are wa-ay less than that one.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

It was worth the work and wait, I think. They are both beatiful, but I am partial to Jeffs. Gorgeous stones. Good workl!

Annette

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
They are both lovely! Is the one from Gary the ceylon one he had in a native cut that he recut maybe about 5 months ago? I was sooooo close to pulling the trigger on that one!
Congratulations, they are gorgeous!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crasru said:
When I am looking at these two blue pools, I want to sing, "for fun, for fun!"

Crasru: it makes me happy just thinking about that - I love both of your gorgeous sapphires and that is the single best description of love I've heard! :love:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crasru, your sapphires are gorgeous! Congratulations on some fabulous purchases. I'm very much looking forward to seeing them set, although I can definitely appreciate how lengthy a process THAT can be, especially when there are so many tempting stones out there ;)) :bigsmile:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid said:
They are both lovely! Is the one from Gary the ceylon one he had in a native cut that he recut maybe about 5 months ago? I was sooooo close to pulling the trigger on that one!
Congratulations, they are gorgeous!

Yes. it is. Good for me that you did not pull the trigger!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, those are just so lovely! I was traveling last week and couldn't wait to see them on the big computer screen, my work computer's monitor is terrible.

Congratulations and I also cannot wait to see what you decide to do with these beauties.

Laura

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I really like both :) What a treat to have two great blue sapphires to play with, hold them up to different lights and compare what makes your heart flutter. Very nice!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results