shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Sapphires & Diamonds: A celebration of 10 years

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My husband and I just celebrated 10 years together and he gifted me this ring project. I’ve always wanted a sapphire/diamond ring to represent our birthstones. I started the process in June (naively) hoping for it to be ready by our “meetingversary”in late July. Well, it took a bit longer than expected so it became a wedding anniversary present as well! I think my husband is pretty happy he got two gifts in one ;-)

I saw an inspiration piece on Instagram and contacted David Klass. He was very prompt with his quote/details. I decided to source the center diamond myself in this THREAD. Thanks to everyone who helped me there @oncrutchesrightnow @EClove @lovedogs @Karl_K @Ibrakeforpossums !!

I also made a few changes to the inspiration design to make it more meaningful to my husband and I (aside from the Greek Key symbolizing eternity, we love the pattern and have it featured in our home). I also didn’t want a straight copy of someone else’s design, in case it had special meaning to them. DK sent me a 3D print of the ring and it was perfect!

Adiamor sent the diamond directly to DK and the process started. The longest wait was for the French cut sapphires. Amy told me that David sent the ring back to the bench due to him not being satisfied with the sapphires/waiting on his sapphire cutter! From beginning to end, it took a little over 4 months, but I was pleased that DK wanted the sapphires to be perfect.
They were wonderful to work with! They did everything from big adjustments to small adjustments, to sending me a 3D printed ring, and Amy was incredibly sweet when I spoke to her on the phone to inquire about the status. Let’s just say this first engagement led to multiple projects (some of which were completed prior to this and already shared) ;))

Here are the details:
Center: 0.70 ct. Asscher D VVS2
Sapphires: 1.52 cts natural French cut blue sapphires
Sides: 0.24 cts D VS princess cut
14k white gold, 6.5g
Size 6

To say that I am obsessed with this ring is an understatement! I am in love!

Here are DK’s photos: 7EB25FCF-7964-4B9C-9CC6-E06F19C6CD5D.jpeg EA485F5E-ED98-4392-AA07-45C99E0B594A.jpeg DD1057F0-E91A-464E-8AD3-4A41E77F560D.jpeg 5E919CF4-4C54-440F-B675-49823A9A0A7E.jpeg

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
kicken kewl

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's super cool. :love: I love the strong representation of the Greek key and the sapphires were worth the wait. Look at all the symmetry with the cut on that asscher. The gallery transitioning into the band is just *chef's kiss*
My brain:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! Those sapphire pack a punch and I love the sentiment with the Greek pattern. Very unique!

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that’s a knockout! Such a unique design.

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's super cool. :love: I love the strong representation of the Greek key and the sapphires were worth the wait. Look at all the symmetry with the cut on that asscher. The gallery transitioning into the band is just *chef's kiss*
My brain:
simpsons-dreamy.gif
Thank you @ItsMainelyYou ! I was very happy with how DK executed my idea for the Greek key and I am very very thankful for his attention to detail with the sapphires! The symmetry mesmerizes me!

Beautiful!
Thank you so much @CBianco ! ::)

Oh wow! Those sapphire pack a punch and I love the sentiment with the Greek pattern. Very unique!
Thank you @cushioncutnut ! The sapphires are so vibrant, it’s hard to capture- DK’s cutter did a wonderful job! I am happy the Greek key pattern translated well into the design!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Strength, beauty and eternity - all in one ring! Congratulations, @Eli22 :appl: :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
So elegant! A bold design that has so much grace at the same time. More pics!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Such a beautiful pairing of those two stones together!

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
All those lines work so elegantly together. Love the greek key symbolism and design - not a common motif but it's very meaningful. Congratulations on 10 years!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, awesome! Love the Greek key design and the sapphires.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am loving your DK projects! :love: The sapphires and the asscher are stunning! Happy anniversary!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love the design & meaning!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
It’s beautiful!! Happy 10th!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Strength, beauty and eternity - all in one ring! Congratulations, @Eli22 :appl: :love:
Aw thank you @Crimson ! That made me tear up a little - we’ve been through a lot together, and I can’t imagine life without him::)

Gorgeous!!!!
Thank you @lovedogs ! Thank you also for the assistance in choosing the Asscher!

So elegant! A bold design that has so much grace at the same time. More pics!
Thank you so much @oncrutchesrightnow !! So happy with the design!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! Such a beautiful pairing of those two stones together!
The blue and white combo is definitely striking! Thank you @MissGotRocks !

All those lines work so elegantly together. Love the greek key symbolism and design - not a common motif but it's very meaningful. Congratulations on 10 years!
I am so happy the lines and shapes all work together! The Greek key/meander is definitely full of meaning for us. Thank you so much @88_star !

Wow, awesome! Love the Greek key design and the sapphires.

Thank you @Catmom ! DK and team did great with both!!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am loving your DK projects! :love: The sapphires and the asscher are stunning! Happy anniversary!
Thank you @Kim N !! Such a great experience with them that I sent them all my pent-up projects! I’m very happy with how they all turned out :kiss2:

Beautiful! I love the design & meaning!
Thank you @Ally T - I am incredibly happy this commemoration of 10 years has so much meaning to us!

It’s beautiful!! Happy 10th!

Thank you so much @MamaBear ! 10 years has flown by!

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Wowzers!!!! Just utterly fantastic !!!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Opa! Nailed it! I love strong geometric design and, of course, the Greek key design which adds a cohesive effect to this combination! Love! Enjoy! And CONGRATS on your Manniversary :)

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wowzers!!!! Just utterly fantastic !!!
Thank you @Fancygems ! I am enjoying her so much!! ::)

Opa! Nailed it! I love strong geometric design and, of course, the Greek key design which adds a cohesive effect to this combination! Love! Enjoy! And CONGRATS on your Manniversary :)
Thank you so much @ringo865 !! I am a fan of symmetry and clean lines and this just makes my brain (and heart) happy! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results