shape
carat
color
clarity

sapphire e-ring questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a few stone possibilities:

Option 1

Option 2 (sapphire #15924)

Option 3

Option 4

Option 5

Option 6

Option 7

Option 8 has a spinel or two that might interest you

I also really like that stone you posted from Dutton''s. Very nice color on it.

Setting ideas:

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3 or Option 3''s other site

I don''t have much time to look for settings, but option 1 is fairly low and keeps most of your stone options in check. Lots of PSers have used Sally & Julia Kay Taylor and a quick search would round up lots of their work here. In fact Packrat is having her e-ring made by Sally right now. I believe Sally is more affordable than Julia, though I can''t say for sure. They both do excellent bezel work which might not be a bad idea if your girlfriend works in healthcare and needs a ring that won''t catch on gloves.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With your budget and the fact that you like darker coloured sapphires, there''s probably no reason to go the lab route as you could find something within your $ range. If you like white metal have you considered Palladium? It''s cheaper than white gold or platinum and can be rhodium plated (like white gold) to achieve a "whiter" look. It does have a slight grey look (a bit more so than platinum) but worth looking at if you want to keep the budget down. You could also consider silver although this isn''t something you see much of for e-rings.

I would second the suggestion for using one of the Etsy sellers. Sally from heartofwater has made several pieces for me (including the pendant in my avatar), is a dream to work with and really "feels" jewellery. She will often make suggestions or guide you if you want a particular look. She''s incredibly reasonable in terms of budget as well and even gave me money back!!! I think she did the same for MakingTheGrade. Julia is another Etsy seller and whilst I''ve not used her personally, she gets rave reviews on here so I suspect is doing something right!!!

I know this is a daunting project but first things first, do you know the size of your g/f''s finger? Then, do you want a big look, something more subtle or an average size? Bearing in mind she''s a nurse, a big look is probably not what you''re after? Do you have a preference for cut? Oval? Round? Square? Once you''ve told us these parameters then I''m sure some we can find a sapphire, within budget and the right size. When you''ve found "the one", it''s worth sending photos to various vendors who make jewellery for their ideas/input and costings.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
This
ring comes from a very reputable seller, and is already made and within budget.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I would contact Dana from Master Cut Gems...he sells sapphires, spinels, garnets etc. His photos on the website are OK but the actual stones are gorgeous. he is also having a sale right now. If you dont'' see anything on his website I would email him as he has a large stock not posted.

http://www.mastercutgems.com/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results