shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Sapphire Anniversary Ring by DKJ

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I received this ring last September and I really am in love with it. The sapphire was given to me a while ago and I don't know much about it, other than it is approx 10 x 8 and an octagon cut. I had previously seen the aquamarine Love of my Life ring by Cathy Waterman and really loved the idea of it, but wanted to make a few design tweaks. Here is that ring:

sapphinspo.jpg

My main goals were that I wanted the prongs set in the traditional orientation, I wanted them to appear more floral (in person they looked a little too claw-like for me), and of course I wanted a much cleaner job on the milgrain and beadset. With that in mind and having previously done a couple of projects with David Klass, I reached out to him to see if he'd be willing to take this on. He was game! This is the CAD:

sapphire CAD.jpeg

I made zero changes, haha. He had previously done such a good job of interpreting my design wishes that I pretty much let him have free reign on this. It also helps to know that everything looks bulky on a CAD and David will do everything he can to make a design right, even if that means a recast.

This was the first glamour shot he sent me:

sapphire glamor.jpeg

And it really took my breath away! Other than adding a satin finish, it was exactly how I had envisioned. And so now everyone's favorite part - hand shots!

IMG_2819.JPG

sapphire.jpeg
IMG_3438.JPG

Trying to get a more detailed look at the prongs, though I'm no whiz with a camera:

fullsizeoutput_5b23.jpeg

The only problem I have with this ring is that it's such a hard choice trying to decide which to wear - my e-ring or this gorgeous sapphire! :D

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, it's beautiful! The detail is stunning & I absolutely love the colour. Huge job well done & we need many more pictures!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received this ring last September and I really am in love with it. The sapphire was given to me a while ago and I don't know much about it, other than it is approx 10 x 8 and an octagon cut. I had previously seen the aquamarine Love of my Life ring by Cathy Waterman and really loved the idea of it, but wanted to make a few design tweaks. Here is that ring:

sapphinspo.jpg

My main goals were that I wanted the prongs set in the traditional orientation, I wanted them to appear more floral (in person they looked a little too claw-like for me), and of course I wanted a much cleaner job on the milgrain and beadset. With that in mind and having previously done a couple of projects with David Klass, I reached out to him to see if he'd be willing to take this on. He was game! This is the CAD:

sapphire CAD.jpeg

I made zero changes, haha. He had previously done such a good job of interpreting my design wishes that I pretty much let him have free reign on this. It also helps to know that everything looks bulky on a CAD and David will do everything he can to make a design right, even if that means a recast.

This was the first glamour shot he sent me:

sapphire glamor.jpeg

And it really took my breath away! Other than adding a satin finish, it was exactly how I had envisioned. And so now everyone's favorite part - hand shots!

IMG_2819.JPG

sapphire.jpeg
IMG_3438.JPG

Trying to get a more detailed look at the prongs, though I'm no whiz with a camera:

fullsizeoutput_5b23.jpeg

The only problem I have with this ring is that it's such a hard choice trying to decide which to wear - my e-ring or this gorgeous sapphire! :D

@Alex T took the words right out of my mouth! Your ring is so beautiful @mrsgreeneyes! :love: Love the color and detail and wow. And please yes, more pics.:appl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just beautiful! I love the setting. All the detail work is just amazing!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning design!!! A perfect setting for your beautiful blue sapphire. It looks also beautiful stacked with your diamond band. The detailing is top notch.
Looking forward to enjoy more beautiful pics.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh MGE this ring turned out SO beautifully! Love all of the gorgeous details, it showcases your pretty sapphire really well!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring!! DK really did an amazing job!! :love::love::love: Lovely color on the sapphire too

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you did a thread on this! I was itching to ask you for more details when you posted it on someone else's thread but didn't want to hijack her thread. It's amazing!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous sapphire and that setting is just beautiful!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh goodness! That’s amazing. The blue is the most gorgeous deep velvet and the setting is so classic but also unusual. The detail and milgrain is insanely crisp

Q

Queenie60

Unique and quite gorgeous. Enjoy!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So stunning! :love::love::love:

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the kind words, everyone! This piece is very special to me and I appreciate all the love. :kiss2:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooh I love it, really pretty!!!!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Psych a beautiful ring! :love: Happy Anniversary!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be still my heart. The new pics are glorious. :love::love::love:
Here are the remaining glamour shots, as my camera skills will never do it justice. Again, this was before the satin finish was added.

DKJPV_B-5.jpg
DKJPV_B-3.jpg
DKJPV_B-2.jpg
DKJPV_B-1.jpg

Thank you for the extra pics. LOVE LOVE LOVE.:love:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore every single aspect of your ring :geek2:. What an outstanding design :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I really love what you did with the prongs...unique and beautiful!

Sylvie

Rough_Rock
Premium
To die for! I love it! The color is amazing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results